All these years and no solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Dec 27, 2017.

1. demoria7 Elder

We have a lot of inconsiderate players in this game. Please find a way to keep people from parking their toons in the hall between the two guild hall entrances or move the Magus.

I do not know why folks gather there for buffs. Five years ago it was the center chair which made sense and there was plenty of room. Then folks started buffing at the magus. I have asked in the lobby for the buffers to stop and move back to the middle but they are apparently opposed to the request or I am just not on enough hours to get the message across to them. I can not be the only frustrated player trying to use the Magus with lots of toons right around her. I have toons on multiple servers and noticed the same problem everywhere.

Simple fix. move her to a side room or near the hall to the door out, or put one on each side... Something to free up that area.

The crowding makes it hard to get to the guild hall as well. Two other Guild Hall entrances in other rooms in the lobby would solve that as well. In fact why can't we go straight from POK to a Hall? I and others do a lot of trade skills in POK, A set of Guild Hall doors near the small bank would be awesome.

Thank you.
    Cazmac likes this.
  2. Bamboompow Augur

Canned replies to follow:

1) Its not worth dev time.
    2) Its your problem, not everyone else's.
    3) Buy a new computer.
    4) Quit the game.
    5) First World problems.
    6) I like my buffs just fine where they are.
    7) Hire a wizard/druid/use the portals in PoK
    8) Can I have your stuff?
    9) Why wasn't this reported in Beta?
    10) Baba Booey!

Consolation prize: It's RoI's fault.

This does not reflect any position I personally take on this matter. I am just getting all the replies out of the way now so this thread can die a quick and final death.
  3. roguerunner Augur

In your options there's a hide afk players option.
    Toggle it on.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Does that also prevent them from blocking you? Won't you still get bumped/steered away? Or is the OP's problem just one of targeting?
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

A lot of people don't use afk and have the auto afk setting disabled, so that doesn't work as well as one would hope. I've personally never had a problem using the magus or getting to a guild hall door, maybe it's more of a server issue.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Sort of. It'll help if they're large races or riding on mounts, they'll be less in the way than before. The option to hide AFK players totally converts them to shadowed men (not just making them invisible), which does standardize the model sizes. AFK shadowed men do still take up physical space for you to bounce off of, you can still click on them even though you can see through them, and that option doesn't work on people who disabled auto-AFK and don't manually set themselves as AFK. There are plenty of those not-AFK-flagged-but-definitely-actually-AFK-people who park on the bankers in PoK, the parcel vendor, the Daily Quest givers, the Lobby magus, or in front of Guild Hall entrances, just generally in the way and obnoxious to the rest of us playing the game.

I'd rather have buff timers tick down in PoK and the Guild Lobby again to disperse the crowd, and have to request buffs from guildies or just go without.
  7. snailish Augur

This is the solution, if the problem is real beyond one server. Would have to do Nexus as well.

As suggested in the last thread about this, reinstate Shadowrest and set it as the no-timer get your buffs zone (outside of guild halls). Could even allow access to it from multiple zones by revisiting a past move:

"All the Emissaries of Shadowrest have been removed with the February 15, 2017 patch with Devin Traical in the Plane of Knowledge being the only one still available "should adventurers wish to visit Shadowrest and reminisce about the olden days".

Probably less work than adding more doors, magi and such.
    Ryanxp likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

On Bristle, and based on other threads Xegony too - the lag pile is in pok. Doesn't bother anyone at all except that one thread starter.
  9. Drogba Augur

I've always dreamt of having an ogre sk alt guild that block area's and use the hide ability. planting like 50 of them in one area. Then recording the various lowbies walking into invisible ogres wondering why they can't get through. Figure the fun would result in a ban pretty quickly though :/
    Ryanxp and Maedhros like this.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Actually, I hate it too. Didn't care for it in the Guild Lobby back on EMarr or Povar either. I don't play on a toaster, and it still manages to lag me every time I look in that general direction. Picking my way through the people to find the Daily HA task-giver is annoying, I'm pretty much limited to using an NPC-targetting key for that. PoK is a central travel hub, and you have to go through the pile to get to the Lobby and Guild Hall for 'ports, so it's nearly unavoidable. You can skip it with Throne of Heroes and maybe Anchor teleports (when those are working). The pile is like cluttered, clunky modern art clumped into a high-traffic area of a popular park, and I'd love to take a 'dozer to it.
    Ryanxp and Cazmac like this.
  11. Brohg Augur

Characters AFK in Lobby should be sent to their guild hall after 15 minutes. If they have none, their houses. Or vice versa. Heck, get to pick in options! If none of those are available, then PoK…

Characters AFK in PoK path to their class trainer! 10 min after that path to hometown port stone - warp to Origin :)
    Cazmac likes this.
  12. roth Augur

Actually, Brohg, I’d not use 10 or 15 minute timers.

My solution would be that if there is no input from the keyboard or mouse for 30 minutes, the person is truly AFK, and the character gets booted to character select. Does not matter where they are, deep in a dungeon or safe in pok/lobby/GGH. I can see someone getting a legitimate 10-15 minute AFK. Once you reach 30 minutes, odds are you ain’t comin back any time soon though.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

I'd favor leaving characters in game so they can still receive tells / record guildchat / etc
  14. Bahdah Augur

Thats a little too much salt.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

They should have the statue give out a special buff on the hour , this will cause all toon's to hug the statue in the middle of the big room. win win.
    IblisTheMage and snailish like this.
  16. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Or remove range restrictions on spells in these zones. Also the void is a non combat zone. It is odd to me buff timers run down there. Maybe add a banker and vendor and parcel merchant to keep Zeb company :D
    Cazmac likes this.
  17. Quiverr Journeyman

Add a terribly long spiral staircase room to the lobby, something like Tower of Rot top to bottom x 5, at the top of it is a Jester of Bristlebane - Anyone who is stagnant in the Lobby for 15 mins or more gets Summoned by the Jester who then proceeds to spam you with EQ Dad jokes.
    Call of the Hero and Teleports don't work in the Jester's room, only way out is the torturous run down the staircase, first time you escape you get an achievement and 1AA.
    Ryanxp likes this.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The solution would be to move the landing place from zoning out of the guild hall to being in the center room rather than in the hall right in front of the magus.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Some day, a patch with Rampage enabled in PoK would be highly entertaining. Lag pile turns into corpse pile
    Bigstomp likes this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

There has been some pretty nifty Virus DoT's that turned the lag pile into corpse piles =)