Request: Cached copy of Ragefire Spells

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Dec 23, 2017.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'm curious if anyone out there has been able to save a copy of Ragefire Spells since it went down. The original site is here:

http://destef.dyndns.org/spells/

But the link is no longer working and I have found similar posts on google that say the same.

If you have a cached copy PLEASE PM it to me on the forums. I am looking to copy all the info and make my own spell lists for Classic, Kunark, Velious and Luclin since that website is now offline.

I'm currently working on a list of spells for PoP to give you an example of what I had in mind here: http://almarsguides.com/eq/quests/PoP/SpellRunes/

It's about 40% done - Once it's finished I plan to do something similar for OoW. I'd like to do earlier expansions too... It'll just be 100% more time consuming if no one has a cached copy of Ragefire Spells for me to use.
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S01uxlcS3SgTNDeUqm4t0HvEf94yiWVKe_hiUsjEmjY/edit?usp=sharing

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but during PoP I tried to identify what expansion each shaman spell through 65 was tied to. This was pretty much all original research using my personal logs from Phinny, RF, and Fippy, and I know this doesn't help with most other classes (except shared spells I guess), but you're welcome to this data if you find it helpful. Spells with unclear data are marked as such, usually because the spells hadn't come out yet or they had come out but were out of era spells accidentally released early.

I probably should go back and update this further; it's not on my sheets page but I'd like it to be eventually, just so much data you know.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Indeed I do know! It's quite time consuming making a guide for one class - it's even moreso doing it for all them!

Your info will help a little <3 -- Without RF spells though.... there's still about 2 weeks of work to do if I wanna document it for every class. I guess my next move will have to be contacting the guy who ran Ragefire spells if no one managed to pilfer the website before me. Or if I remember the specific URLs for each page I may be able to get a google cached copy myself - that's an alternative.

Or if anyone here can remember URLs for the website try them in this: http://cachedview.com

That will let you view a website even after it's taken down for a little while. If anyone can even so much as remember the URLs for the website I can probably still preserve the information.
  4. Vanrau Augur

The guy that ran that site still posts here. I believe Xanadas runs it?

I tried looking it up on the internet archive site but it seems all it saved was the background of the site.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

I messaged him with fingers crossed that he still has it/is willing to let me use it that way I can create my own guides
  6. Xanadas Augur

Penrilgone here. I'm out of town and the server must have gone offline. I'll investigate.

EDIT: Indeed, the server is inaccessible from where I am right now. I must have suffered a power outage (the server runs out of my home). My apologies. It will be up when I return home - possibly the 28th or 29th.
  7. Classified Journeyman

Almars you can find all the spell information by era now on Alakazams. Just go to their spell page and sort by class and era. It's now super simple to find them. They have them updated now for every era (I think)

PS - I love your guides.
  8. Guzzle Augur

Not only is the data seemingly incomplete (last time I tried to use it, anyways)... The website itself is a hot mess to browse without a very good ad blocker that updates constantly (uBlock Origin) or a premium subscription. Now, the subscription is cheap, but I don't think you should have to go down one of those routes to keep the website from crashing your browser / tab.

The site really has become trash in that regard lately.
    Xanadas likes this.
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

Allakhazam isn't the best for this type of stuff since you can't sort by era(only expansion) and it doesn't give you all the information you need on one page for each spell like Ragefire Spells does. Even though you can sort by expansion on Allakhazam too it's still not entirely accurate for TLPers since the site was built with live EQ in mind. Also like the above poster pointed out if you're using Google Chrome Allakhazam barely even functions now.

If Ragefire Spells was gone for good I would use Allakhazam to make my own guides (but it would be 1000x more time consuming than using Ragefire Spells to find the information i need; Xanadas did a fantastic job compiling it all for us on the TLPs).

It's actually Google Chrome that's having a compatibility issue with Allakhazam. It's gotten so bad that i can't even sign in to my premium account on Allakhazam anymore. It just reloads the page instead of signing me in or bringing me to the login screen.

Also last night before Allakhazam crashed on me, my Stands adblocker managed to block 18,000 ad pop ups from their website.

I couldn't agree more that Allahazam has really become trash recently. I've actually stopped linking to their website so much and I have started creating different pages on my website to link items/to show players how to reach certain zones so that they don't have to use Allakhazam as much anymore. ZAM got greedy and they're trying to milk whatever they can from the people who are required to use the EQ version of their website it seems.

They could throw up the most intrusive ads they want and it's not like we can stop using Allakhazam - it's basically one of the only good sources of information left for Everquest.
  10. Febb Augur

Sort by era? Do you mean expansions grouped together? That's pretty easy to search, just change the expansion on the spell search.

I don't have any issues with alla. I use firefox with an ad blocker and I don't see any ads at all and I'm not a premium member.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

Yes I mean sort by expansion groupings - it doesn't group expansions together properly. It also lists spells from out of era in some cases because they were patched in during a later expansion or added in during a later expansion (quite rare that it does this - but it still does and RF spells doesn't). Which that's good and all for live but doesn't help so much for the TLPS.

And yea the reason you have no issues with Allakhazam is because you use Firefox - like I said it's only a google chrome issue with the advertisements.

If we assumed Allakhazam worked great with Google Chrome & it listed all spells accurately by expansion/era it still wouldn't be as good of a source of information for finding TLP spells as Ragefire Spells is because you have to view multiple pages to get all the same information you'd get from Ragefire Spells by just viewing a single page. Also if you aren't a premium member Allakhazam is basically useless for this type of information since you can't view vendor listings on the website. So it will tell you everything you need to know about the spell except where to get it.... Which is the most important part for TLP players since they can't just hit up PoP's Library and buy all spells like the rest of us.

I'm not saying Allakhazams isnt a useful website or that it's unhelpful. I'm saying that if you use Allakhazam over Ragefire Spells for information on where to get spells on the TLP servers you're without a doubt wasting more of your time than if you were to just use Ragefire Spells for the info.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Having updated information for expansions for use on TLP servers is really helpful. I look for those guides all the time, for spells, tradeskill skill ups, AAs . . . I look at AAs all the time to see how many ranks of each, what the power is, etc. EQAAsearch.org was a great site, but it went off-line a bit ago, and with the AA consolidation, it was pretty outdated anyway.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to those.
  13. Wulvgeng New Member

Hey bud, hows it coming? Do you need help with anything to get this up and running?
  14. Xanadas Augur

Just got back home tonight. Back in business.
    AlmarsGuides and Troutfest like this.