First post!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fanipak frootsnak, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Fanipak frootsnak New Member

Posting this from the phone so I apologize in advance. Man it's great to be back! I played EQ originally from 2000 till a little after luclin came out the first time and this is my first time back! I'm enjoying the hell out of my little frog monk on bristlebane server so I guess this post will be about him. I've currently leveled to 92 and gotten a pretty serious full gear upgrade and started farming in valley of lunanyn, and I guess I'm just wondering what the best leveling path from here would be. I've been doing dh heroics and dailies up until now almost soley, but the xp in valley coupled with the speed at which my little monk dispatches mobs has got me wondering if even should bother doing those anymore.
    The next question is pretty simple. Are monk viable to molo with after 100? I've got a fairly steady group of people I can pick up with every now and then but it's a rather small group. I really want to get to end game fast so I can gear up and see what end game offers (as well as begin to level up my chanter and druid..... But those are for another post). I always remember how much I enjoyed the community in EQ and how good the people were in it, and still are! Thank you for any advice and maybe I'll see ya in game yea? Cheers!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. moogs Augur

Welcome back. Task experience (from heroic adventures, etc.) appears to have been broken by the most recent patch and should be fixed after the holiday break. That might explain why you're not getting much out of them right now. Since you have a somewhat steady group of people (yay Bristlebane) they can show you some more challenging zones. Valley of Lunanyn is a Tier 1/2 Veil of Alaris zone, with the mobs in the north side of the zone much weaker than the mobs in the south side. You could step it up to something like Sarith (Tier 4 zone) or go on to the next expansion with somewhere like Shard's Landing for more xp and better quality loot for level 92.

Try to do the start of The Broken Mirror progression with your group if you have not already. You can buy gear that you will continue to grow into. The group mission (Into the Temple) should scale to your level but still provide a worthy challenge.

https://tbm.eqresource.com/progression.php
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Couple questions that weren’t answered, are you all access, 24/24 for expansions?

Is yes to both, then I would definitely get into TBM asap for gear, collect all the 100 lvl loot as its good stuff!

As for monk molo, if you have abover average gear for your level then yes you can if you play smart and know what mobs to look for. I would 100% tackle the 85/90/95 teek kill dailes and get a group for the two daily HA’s once the exp is fixed. ( dont know anything about that atm ). Coupld the daily ha’s with lesson of the devoted and that should net you a big chunk of exp every day! Right now there should be plenty of folks burning lessons in deads at gribble getting there aa’s! Even at 92, you are better than a dps merc to a group of 105+.
  4. Fanipak frootsnak New Member

I am all access and I have all expansions thank y'all for the information! The xp in ha's isn't bad, it just feels like it's less than what it was literally a level ago. These definitely help though. I'll start researching tbm and getting ready to work through that. I'm in a guild with 3 other people so it's an extremely small group for group play, that's why I was wondering about my molo capabilities. I never thought though to see about grouping up with higher level people, I mostly just solo ha's if no one from the guild is on. Thanks again for the info and ideas!
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Some people will box together, making up for the small number of players.