Help - no clue how to start after creating character

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Chingona, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Chingona New Member

I think I might have missed a tutorial. I created my character and hit PLAY, and now have zero idea what to do. Did I miss a tutorial? I don't know what to do with the emissary that I walked up to. Ack!
  2. code-zero Augur

Camp then push the Tutorial button from character select
  3. Chingona New Member

Awesome! Thank you - I will try that.
  4. moogs Augur

If you are creating a new character, in the character creation screen ensure that Tutorial is enabled (Yellow). Then be prepared to read some text.

If it's an existing character, then what code-zero said. Select the character and press the Enter Tutorial button in the menu on the left. I think you can only stay until about level 11 or 12 though.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I believe the term for this is "the classic experience" !
    Shanarias and moogs like this.
  6. Geroblue Augur

Get the quests from Arias by hailing him in the rebelling camp in the Glooming Deep mines.

Once you get the kobold skull charm from him, then click on him and '/say I am ready to leave.' in the chat window,

That will send you to the plane of knowledge.

The large building you see, the others are smaller, is the Library. Go up to the top most level of the library. Walk around the outside until you see a small rectangular pond. Behind it, on the building is a door, click on it. You may see other characters going in and out.

Go up to Vivian the True. She has several quests on getting aquainted on the layout of that zone. Get all of them, you have to Hail her for each one separately.

Use Find, ctrl-F, to locate each of them. You generally only have to hail them. When you are done with all of them, go back to her and hail her again.

This will give your character experience, and you will now know where the bank is, where characters are that can give you quests starting at level 10, the bank, etc.

Ask in POK, plane of knowledge, for Temperance and Resist poison.

After you get them, camp, go back to character select, select the same character, then go back into the mines. Temperance will give you an extra 800 hit points, better than the buff you get from the NPC in the rebel camp..Resist Cold can help in the battle with Spider Tamer Gugan.

Do more of the quests, Alt-Q to see the quest menu, in the glooming deep mines. Some require a group.

Then you can exit out the tunnel, behind/near the water fall in the rebel camp, and go to Crescent Reach. There are lots of quests there.

When you get to 20th level, exit there and go out to Blightfire moors and continue quests and adventuring there.