New looking for mentor

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by TDz86, Dec 25, 2017.

1. TDz86 New Member

Teach me the ways of Everquest.

Just started playing, looking for help.

This game is harder than dark souls.
  2. Rorce Augur

While I've never played Dark Souls, I will say that EverQuest is an extremely difficult game for a new player to begin.

The best advice I can give is to find a casual family style guild. There are usually always people in them willing to help get you up to speed, answer questions, and show you tips and tricks that make the game fun.
    moogs likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

I'd disagree and say that EQ today is pretty easy to get started on (on regular servers). You do have to stop and read things once in a while and even then not everything is documented. What hurts new players is the general lack of other new players to group with, so there is not the same hook and social bonds that the old timers experienced. The mechanics are quite well documented (by players such as Rorce) but it takes some effort from players to go out and get that information. You can't possibly be spoon fed everything you need to know.

OP, which server are you on? Which class are you playing? Have you played another MMO previously? What are you experiencing difficulty with, exactly? You've come to the right place, so there's that.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Also, did you play through the tutorial? Which resource sites do you use?
  5. Ryanxp Augur

Took me weeks to understand the game when I started in 2000!

Lot of buttons! Its not very user-friendly (and I played Rainbow 6 and Quake before starting EQ), but remembering all the key functions come with time.

I'd suggest going to your Options menu (Alt + O), changing A, S, D, W as Strafe Left, Back, Strafe Right, Forward, and setting a key function for Auto Run (I use " , ").

If you want to come to Zek, I can walk you through it ......