Necro looking to add a tank

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Corrick, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Corrick New Member

I play a necro, I am looking to add a tank to my box group.
    Which of the three tanks would be best, SK, Pal or warrior.
    Thanks.
  2. Apollyon New Member

I play a necro with a warrior ...very good combination. Healer merc with warrior obvious choice. Wizard merc with necro. Basically pure Meat shield with good damage support.
  3. strongbus Augur

do you box anything else with the necro atm or want to start boxing? and do you plan to play the tank and box the necro or are you going play the necro and box the tank?

as a necro who boxes every time I tried to box a tank it just didn't work out. If I played the tank and boxed the nencro it worked fine and great. I find it to much a pita if you pull aggro off the tank to have to tab over to the tank and move it to and to get aggro back.

If you going main the tank I go sk. can pull/fd/snare

if you want a box tank that is better then your necro pet I go mage with its pet. at lest then if you pull agro just fd and the mage pet will grab it right back with out you having to tab over and move the mage round.
  4. Zalamyr Augur

Warrior probably requires the least screen time to play. All their aggro is instant, so it's a lot easier to upfront all your aggro right away and swap to another toon.
  5. Corrick New Member

I currently play a mage with the necro, I wanted to switch it up to a real tank, I haven't been successful with named mobs.
    I would main the tank, box the necro.
  6. Spellfire Augur

Warrior. Easier to box, better at handling oh sh**t moments.
  7. Parker Elder

Pally. Buddy of mine played necro pally and turned mobs into undead via the necro and well...yeah dps was good.