Merc AA

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Naonak, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Naonak Journeyman

Having issues only on 1 character and its my main. All other toons seem to be unaffected.

Merc xp not moving. Scroll over xp bar, nothing lights up. Should bring up a %.

Log and reset, can earn some xp, but then when it should level the merc AA it resets back to zero%

Anyone else having this problem?
  2. Xegony Ranger New Member

I am having the same issue. I have had the merc AA reset to zero 4 times now. After it resets, it doesn't move for quite some time. I completed 4 tasks and nothing. After a while it begins to show movement, only to reset to zero once it reaches 100%
  3. Malbro Augur

It isn't just at 0, it is actually as much as 70% below zero. I've had mine go that deep and work its way back to 0 then start building positive AA exp.
  4. alanon Lorekeeper

Just spent about 4 hours killing in combine dredge my wars merc started with 38% into aa. after first kill it went to zero. After the remaining 4 hours he still has 0%. my druids merc however gained about 15% in those 4 hours.
  5. Jora New Member

I have the same problem on one of my toons (a magician level 108 with a healer mercenary). When the mercenary leveled, the experience bar does not show any experience nor does it show a percentage. The mercenary has 3 AA not spent and 236 AA spent. I have other toons that have mercenaries with more AA than this.

I ran a file scan to make sure that I did not have any corrupted files. I also renamed the file (fona_drinal) to make sure that the problem was not with a corrupted character file since the problem is only with one toon.

Please fix.
  6. Goneamuk Journeyman

I'm having a similar problem with my merc AAs and my regular xp. They both read 0% and have read 0% after killing about 500 mobs today. The player AAs seem to work fine. The interesting thing is, I died and got a merc rez and got my level back. It makes me think it's simply not displaying the right %s.
  7. Mannhec Lorekeeper

I tested Merc AA's last evening. My merc has 8 stored AA's. I am level 110 with a good buffer. was running AA XP at 90 percent and I noticed my merc was not getting new AA's. So, I ran a couple DH HA's. First run on every kill I could see his XP bar tick up. (the middle bar, would move noticeably on every kill) by the end of the first run he would have dinged a new AA point on hail. Well he went from almost full XP bar to 1+ full blue bubble in the next level of XP. However, he did not get an AA, he stayed at 8. So then I ran a couple more DH HA's and changed my normal XP to 100% percent just to see if it was toggling the AA percentage causing the issue. I got the same results. XP bar moves but no new AA's are granted he stayed at 8. On DH HA's normally in the past I would see a new AA granted for nearly every task I complete.
  8. Bolfo New Member

lala...an answer... why?
  9. TenkenTurtle Elder

This is happening to me as well. Merc stuck at 9 AA's Gets anywhere above 50% and a zone change camp out/in and merc resets to 0%. Lost about 5 Merc AA's now on 2 toons due to this issue
  10. Xeladom Augur

Same thing is happening to me
  11. Pin's New Member

This still happening to me also. Any word from the GM's on a fix
  12. Ultra New Member

Same thing happening on two of my accounts.
  13. Nuttann Elder

Note: This is touched on in another thread titled "Is there a problem with EXP", also in the Player Support forum. Some, but not all, of the posts there are about merc AA. In one of the posts, Zhaunil_AB points out that there are two different problems in that thread and happens to mention the following about merc AA.

I had /bug -ed when I first noticed issues on my one toon. It wasn't until later that I heard that others had the same issue.

HOPEFULLY, the about is correct and that they actually know what the issue is. Just in case they do not know, the following is some data that might help point to it.

As mentioned in an earlier post here, I have noticed that it seems to occur sometimes when zoning. For me, it shows a blank bar for a long time. Hovering over it I see "Mercenary AA Exp" pop up, instead of "Mercenary AA Exp <0%>" . So doesn't even show 0 that it does when you just earned one and are 0% into the next one. It just wipes all partial AA and stays that way for a long time. For me, it seemed it was happening when zoning with a mostly full AA bar. I think someone mention something like 80% before. Today, I had three toons grouped all with merc XP working at that time. (usually at least one is blanked out). I watched it carefully and stayed in SW killing giants to get more collection drops. I was able to push the high one to earn a new AA and it started over just fine after I finally earned an AA.

I ran an HA and got enough to finish an AA for each of the other two and push my mains up to maybe half. I then went back to SW and stayed there. At one point I recorded their % into the merc AA and then suspended and went to lobby. I then tried the bonus Degmar task for Jan 1. When I got into the instance I unsuspended my mercs. I finally remembered to check what they had and one was blank and not earning.

Before suspending and zoning:
    Toon 1 - 67%
    Toon 2 - 28%
    Toon 3 - 15%

After -> GL -> PoK -> Degmar -> Degmar Instance and unsuspending
    Toon 1 - BLANK
    Toon 2 - 28%
    Toon 3 - 15%

Completed the mission and checked without exiting zone.
    Toon 1 - BLANK
    Toon 2 - 79%
    Toon 3 - 66%

I then succor'ed just to see
    Toon 1 - BLANK
    Toon 2 - BLANK
    Toon 3 - 66%

Weird, 67 in SW went blank and 66 in Degmar stayed. Let's see, evac again. Stayed the same. Kill a couple more mobs until it went to 67% and evac again.

All three toons were now blank and not earning. This is very limited test so there may be other examples that don't match this, but in this limited test, 2/3 is where the zoning seemed to blank and lock the merc AA. It could just be coincidence.

Sometime after being locked out for a while I finally see it purple like it is about to start working and see a small thin line like it is moving. Usually after that it is working again for a little while.

Nuttann
  14. Superwisard New Member

I was hoping the Friday update would fix this, but I'm still losing merc AA gains when zoning out of missions. Also level 110 merc tank and healer still have no weapons. It would be good for the developers to let us know what was actually done for that game update - or is it a "try this and see if users still complain" kind of fix?.
  15. Sthrncowboy New Member

It needs to be noted to and by the devs that when this merc aa bug/glitch is fixed we need to be imburst or funded x amount of merc aa's. This is a serious issue for most of us that are dealing with it and a reg exp issue that seems to have cropped up in the mean time of this merc aa bug being around also ... i'd like to have a dev response to this ..instead of the blantant ignoring . ... we are due a goodly amount of merc aa's being funded to us.
  16. Bolfo New Member

Last answer i get : 2.1.18: This is GM xxxxxxxx. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. This is a known issue and should be resolved in a pending update. Please keep an eye on the update notes for further information on this issue: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!

for 2 days i see exp again on mercs-- and now my Alt get the same problem with "blank" exp bar. I dont count the lost exp, but in my feeling 15-20 Merc AA is not a small lost. on my main so far i get the exp...its a question of time till he get the same problem again.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I don't know if i am actually "loosing" Merc-XP or if that is merely a visual bug,
    but i noticed that the merc-XP gauge went to a semi-transparent purple again instead of the solid yellow.
    I DID get Merc-AAs (as posted elsewhere) and it could well be that i haven't done enough killing outside of raids to warrant more yet.

There's at least a visual bug though, still around.
  18. Bolfo New Member

Lost exp..ok think i get wrong words- if you have for example 5 AA banked...you do DH mission , the 3 fast one,first mission i get exp 25-30%....next mission same--(50-60% than), than--after i zoned in or out the 3 th mission-> exp bar ist @ Zero > NEVER i get that lost exp back, didnt know how many times i was short before "ding" in merc AA and lost on that way all the merc exp. with that bug...i never can get 10 AA for the next merc upgrade.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well..
    As i said i don't know about loosing merc-XP or not, but i think i can at least reassure you:
    [Sat Jan 06 21:34:25 2018] You have gained 1 mercenary ability point(s)! You now have 11 mercenary ability point(s).
    [Sat Jan 06 23:58:56 2018] You have gained 1 mercenary ability point(s)! You now have 12 mercenary ability point(s).
    [Fri Jan 12 21:53:07 2018] You have gained 1 mercenary ability point(s)! You now have 13 mercenary ability point(s).

If it's more than a visual bug, which is entirely possible since i do not keep close tabs on my XP, it's at least not a persistent one.
    Which might by itself make bugfixing some kind of an issue...