Divine intervention-like sk buff idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smak, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Smak Augur

Right now, 50 or 60 levels later, sks still do not have access to any of the necromancer spells that use essence emeralds. As much as I would like to be able to rez with my sk, I had an alternative idea:

Give sk a self buff that uses essence emerald as a spell component, such that if the shadowknight were to die, instead a comparable level necromancer pet would be summoned over the fallen shadowknight that automatically attacks anything within a short radius, or inherits the shadowknights agro list.

If the summoned undead survives and kills all of the enemies around it before the shadowknight releases corpse, then the shadowknight returns to life as if he had just been feign death, no exp loss or buff loss.

This would function as a self buff divine intervention type spell, of necromantic nature.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Sounds neat. But I imagine about 99% of SK's would choose something a little more useful if they had a vote.
  3. Smak Augur

O I could have said, why don't sk get a death touch ability that functions like a disintegrate that despawns any mob they have targeted. Of course rank two would despawn the entire zone, rank three would despawn the entire server, rank four would despawn every non player target across all servers, and rank five would parcel all of the items they would have dropped to the sk.

But then rogues would ask for an aa that lets them access any players bank or inventory as if it was an extension of their own.

I think what I suggested about avoiding death, would be useful to any player, and especially a tank, even if it would just be a % chance and the undead pet spawned on death would have to survive as well.

But hey its more useful to have an aa that lets you cast identify, because that's not on a droppable item from the second expansion that anyone can click unlimited right?

Oh and rangers would want an aa that lets them track their corpse too...
  4. TheStugots Augur

You need a new hobby.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

SKs don't have a spell that creates EEs, why would they have a spell to utilize them?

Not that lore matters, but it also seems like utilizing and creating EEs in itself is a way more arcany process than what a melee-type hybrid would be practicing.
  6. Smak Augur

Shadowknights are deadly opponents who use evil spells to slow and cripple their enemies. They steal the strength and life from their victims, using this stolen power to strengthen themselves and their allies. When needed, Shadowknights use their powerful harm touch ability to greatly damage their opponents.

Sounds exactly like using an essence emerald, but ok sk shouldn't cast spells because they are melee types right? Then I suppose gnomes should be only race that can use tinkered items, cuz gnome-like ability. And no jewelcrafters should use enchanted metals because that's too arcaney too right? Only enchanter-jewelcrafters.

I don't understand, one says not useful, when it obviously is. and another says its not fitting with sk lore when its in the class description.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It sounds like you don't actually want feedback, you just want a platform to post your thoughts.

Got it.
  8. Smak Augur

If its too underpowered, how would you modify it, if its too overpowered how would you modify it, if this ability is for a class unrelated to your own... Such as not a necro, sk, paladin, cleric, druid, or shaman (that use ee, rez, or would gain the spell) then I suppose all you could do is use this as a platform to post your thoughts.
  9. shiftie Augur

If your idea requires copious amounts of code/dev time don’t expect it to live outside of your wild fantasies.