Goodbye to those who still know me

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Imrahil, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Imrahil Augur

Hello everyone,

as I used to be known a bit across the community as guildleader of Raging Fury (during those 9 years we have been among the top 5 serverwide for at least 3 years in a row), a regular visitor of the fan faires (still miss those) and as a community representant I thought it would be justified to post this here.

I have finally decided to retire from EQ after 16 years, but will always cherish the friendships I have made and the cool people I have met from across the world through this brilliant time-consuming hobby.

No, you can't have my stuff, it's all MINE :p

PS: If you want to read details, visit http://www.raging-fury.org/?news=169.

All the best to everyone out there, enjoy the game and the new expansion :)
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sad day, enjoy your retirement. May you one day return to Norrath.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Imrahil like this.
  3. Adroxia Elder

Take care out there Imrahil, we're not so different and should have spent more time talking over the years :)

AB is not what it used to be but I hope we can rebuild some of the server spirit again and recapture those times you described. This past year has been terrible for everyone on the server.

But enjoy yourself in the real world, and I will remember you fondly in spite of you being the wrong race and the wrong class :p
    Imrahil likes this.
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I have many memories of racing with Darkwind and Raging Fury over the years in various eras. I have a good deal of respect for anyone who chooses to carry the mantle of guild leadership for so long. Rest well and enjoy your retirement, and while I'm sure you will miss your guild and EQ, I'm hoping your full re-entry into the real world goes smoothly and happily.
    Imrahil likes this.
  5. Zaph Augur

I never got to know you, but I knew of you.

Good luck in your future away from EQ, enjoy life from what you can get from it.
    Imrahil likes this.
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

Take care and good luck!
    Imrahil likes this.
  7. Geroblue Augur

I don't thinkI know you, but good luck out there !
    Imrahil likes this.
  8. Snowman Augur

Hey Imrahil, Take and Good Luck out there beyond EQ bro - If we go back a few years ... when me and you both joined Darkwind the same week

Myzr Snowman/Snowzz
    Imrahil likes this.
  9. shiftie Augur

/salute
    Imrahil likes this.
  10. Pootle Elder

Safe Travels Imrahil, wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    Imrahil likes this.
  11. Herf Augur

12. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Sad to see you go Imra. Have had great memories being a RF member in the past and enjoyed chatting with you. Wish you all the best and hope you chime in from time to time.
    /Caziku (retired monk), nowadays playing as my Warrior Thoxsel in SoD.
    Imrahil likes this.
  13. zhay Journeyman

sad to see you go imrahil - had alot of good memories from my time in raging fury

zhay
    Imrahil likes this.
  14. Imrahil Augur

Thanks all for the kind words and also Herf for the comic, I remember reading it back when 75 was actually the max but back then the reference to Bladerunner totally eluded me :)
  15. Maesin_FV New Member

Take care Imrahil. My RF days were among the best, best wishes to you.

Maesin
    Imrahil likes this.
  16. Jyve Augur

See you for beers one day.
    Imrahil likes this.
  17. Midasa Elder

It was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out at a few of the Fan Faires. I miss them too. Farewell. /salute
    Imrahil likes this.
  18. Lailah New Member

Sorry to see you go Imrah was a pleasure talking to you. Take care :)
    Imrahil likes this.
  19. slayerofbats Augur

Also are you still going to play other games?
  20. Imrahil Augur

Nothing even in the same ball park as EQ. I might dabble a bit again with SWTOR and probably will have a look into Pantheon (if it ever comes out), but currently I enjoy being able to spend my time unrestricted from having to be online at a specific time ;)
    Yinla likes this.