Why DB using port 22

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Malbrowncoat, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Malbrowncoat Elder

Hi, My little ranger is running around doing the Postmaster quest for the Daft illusion and I got repeated errors getting into Kaladim. Checked router logs and found this:

TCP 192.168.1.2:13288->69.174.201.140:22 on eth0

Looked up the IP and eqzone-13.everquest.com. The IP number is in San Diego, United States. It is hosted by Switch Communications.

Please explain to me why this happened. Thank you
  2. Malbrowncoat Elder

Additional: Entry just prior to DB port 22 entry is from an IP trying to hit me on port 22. 213.236.38.194 and 1.195.155.11. Im not a techie. These are 2 separate instances.
  3. Kyzvs Augur

22 is the standard SSH port - they can't be using that all the time or I'd not be able to connect (I redirect incoming 22 to my SSH server) - odd one.
  4. Malbrowncoat Elder

Just tried to log him in again. Still not letting me. Will "Return Home" next time. Something fishy ,<-tech term, going on. GL and enjoy the game folks !
  5. HeatherPurrs Augur

22 is FTP... Why wouldn't DB use 22 when transferring files?
  6. Malbrowncoat Elder

7. Talonthalis Elder

8. Malbrowncoat Elder

Still not working
  9. Malbrowncoat Elder

Now my raid toon cannot get into the guild hall. I haven't changed my networking setup. What are you, DB, doing differently ? What ports or external domains operating under your IP or activeX or Java, etc. have you started using that my router is not allowing ? I have restarted my router, checked its rules, allowed domains, etc. I have double-checked my side ! Please answer my request ! Personal note, email, however you like. Thank You
  10. Donutsz12 Elder

They are always watching.... Every Key Stroke....Files....Email....They can see you!!!

=)
  11. Malbrowncoat Elder

The port 22 thing has stopped. My raid toon can get into the GGH IF I allow access to port 2048 (NFS) to some DB IPs. Why does DB use ports that weaken security of their users ? /sigh On a side note. Do you have a regulatory requirement to provide support to data collection on ALL of the US citizens that play your games ? GL and enjoy the game !