No XP back from rez at 110

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by isabot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Moege Augur

Easy fix, he gives out no xp while you have any corpses. Any other reasons you can think up ?
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Which would take coding/dev time, that they probably didn't want to waste. That fact remains they choose to remove the XP penalty as they figured it was the easiest solution to the problem they wanted to fix. The chances of this bug repeating in another expansion is probably pretty slim now that they know what caused it to begin with, and probably already added a fix that would be good for several more lvl increases.
  3. Concertino New Member

It actually makes sense for beta testers to be max level since much of the content should be tuned for players max level. And further more, its beta which only lasts for 4 weeks before going away and if somebody took advantage of a mechanic that won't be included when it goes live to level, who cares. Its beta!
    Hiladdar likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Exactly, we won't see this bug again for another 18 years ;)
  5. Tucoh Augur

Yep, and I'm sure that EQ is one of the scarier code bases out there. Here's an behind the scenes look at one of their core developers fixing a really simple bug.
    [IMG]
    Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  6. Derd Augur

Don't breathe, don't talk don't move...
  7. svann Augur

Im pretty sure you are mistaken. There is betabuff on beta and there is an npc that gives out free aa, but there is/was no npc that gives out free level xp. It was asked in general enough times that I am 99% certain there is no way to level on beta besides /betabuff, and that only works for L1 players.

Since you are remembering wrong about there being a free xp npc, is it also possible that you are wrong about their reasons for not allowing resses?

edit: perhaps you are thinking of the gm? We went on his raid to help test and he granted us all 110 plus 99%. That wouldnt have created a problem for resses though, aside from revealing the res bug before it went live.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'm pretty sure the NPC that gives out the AA's also gives out lvl XP, but like I said not above the previous lvl cap. I could be wrong, but I know for sure people did the mass death's/Expedient trick so I'm guessing I'm right about him giving lvl XP otherwise people would of never done it to begin with.
  9. Hiladdar Augur

Mehdisin
    In response to your comment, this thread does not need to die. What I experienced was being given a 4 hour 50% experience potion. That potion is only enough to compensate for about 20-25% of the lost experience. Three more identical potions would be needed to make up for the lost experience. What will not be made by the potions, the one week delay in actively playing in RoS for risk of making the experience bug worst.

Although the bug is fixed, those affected by the bug had to waste time re-earning experience, and were not able to fully experience RoS content due to learning new content being much riskier then old content. Because of the bug, I am about one week behind where I should be in in RoS. Based on how this issue was handled with me I am extremely dissatisfied.

Consider this, from all those affected, how many did not file a petition, and are irate at having lost experience or had to change what they wanted to do having to regrind experience, or avoid riskier content?
  10. Warpeace Augur

They didn't give me jack.
  11. Warpeace Augur

So some that petitioned the rez bug and were loosing xp were given and XP potion ands others were not?

Sounds about right.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have done about half of the RoS progression so far, and I have yet to find anything where being level 110, was a strict requirement. There is plenty of content you can do in RoS as a level 109.

We can all agree that it was a very annoying bug, but I don't understand how it can enforce a 1 week delay in experiencing the new content? :confused:
  13. smash Augur

Gotta agree on that, it is also pretty good done, being 7 days behind Schedule on an expansion that has been 8 days out.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I sent in a petition and here is the response from them.

“The patch this morning has addressed the issue and characters should be receiving the correct xp for resurrections going forward. DBC spent on xp potions since expansion launch has been refunded.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-notes-december-19-2017.245996/#post-3611003

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.”

Seems as if you saved potions form the last gew months, plus the 6th anniversary one, you get squat. If you bought some thru the store you get a refund...

Honestly I dont give three gnome craps, but some sort of script could be ran that can tell them whom lost exp, and just reward us the lost exp.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Yep exact same reply. Guess because you found a fix days later its all cool. Maybe I should try that with someone one day and see what happens.

Xp potion is an XP potion still takes time to go out and grind xp. If you have to grind XP non stop because of a Bug and cant work AA you were disadvantaged. Apparently that's too difficult to understand. But why expect crap to change with the customer service here right?
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think some people need to readjust their expectations. We're playing an 18 year old MMO that is basically run by a skeleton crew. They barely have any GMs or Guides. They keep enough CS people to provide a bare minimum level of support. When incidents happen that may require extra CS involvement, they can't just ramp up and bring in more people to go to every corner of Norrath to ensure that no player who was slighted goes without full reimbursement.

It was one week, and most people who even hit 110 to experience this bug didn't do so right away. The amount of times this could have happened to a player is minimal. Once you knew it was happening and continued to level to 110, knowing you were going to die again eventually, that's on you. It would be nice if they could reimburse any xp potion you used during that time, but maybe they can't, or maybe they didn't think of that. Either way, this is 1 out of 52 weeks or so that you'll have to play this expansion. Probably 1 of many more than 52 weeks that 110 will be the max level in this game. This is minor in the grand scheme of things.

Sure it would be nice if the bug didn't happen in the first place, but it did. They fixed it as quickly as they could with the proper testing. Their reimbursement choice is sub-optimal, but it's likely they don't have a way to know how much exp you lost so they can't reimburse it directly. We'll all have forgotten about this in a month anyway, only to bring it up from time to time when somebody else complains about CS.
    Tarvas, Tsavo and Thrillho like this.
  17. Moldar Augur

I know on my Ranger I easily had farmed enough EXP in order to cap the reg EXP bar in 110, except with the bug I am still 109 on my ranger, while all of my friends/guild members not affected by the bug are off doing progression/AA i have been forced to scrape by any EXP i can in order to raid and not loose the 110 level (which i still lost anyways).

Most of the problem stems from working (however hard) to farm EXP into 110 only to have lost somewhere between 6-12% EXP because of an oops factor. By however hard I mean EXP - time spent grinding. If you have say a killer group with 0 boxed toons killings NPCS in say Howling Stones in ~10-15 seconds, EXP is "fast" and not a problem; however, we all at one point or another have been in a group that takes approx ~1-2 minutes to kill something, and thus EXP is "slow" and is a problem.

I think most of the reason folks are disgruntled (to say the least) is that Daybreak is In direct comparison like your employer making an "oops factor" in their accounting and taking 6-12% of your paycheck every time you "mess up/fail" at work that you do not receive any compensation for other than he offers you extra working hours to get back some money at time and half pay (or in some cases not even that)... I can understand how some folks can be pissed off.

I know despite the fact i am one of the folks who has not received an EXP potion or any form of compensation other than the fact it is now ok to die and i should regain my EXP back the normal way, Which i can and will do one way or another.

Is it going to kill me? NO!

Am irritated (to say the least) about it? SURE! Who isn't?

Would i like compensation? NO, rather i would love to make sure the next time there is an expansion release that increases folks levels lets make sure there isn't some bug with EXP caps / whatever caused the various bug.

Bug is over now get out and level and have fun
  18. Hiladdar Augur

For me earning experience is fairly easy.

I am irate at how this whole matter was handled by DBG, from setting the beta environment to not capture this bug, to allowing it to get to live servers, to how long it took to fix it on live servers, and how CS handled it both in the amount of time it took to address it and how it was addressed.

In my opinion this is an text book example of "How to Irritate Your Clients and Alienate Future Customers."
  19. Jetslam Augur

So I can understand the bug since I don't play a hybrid...When you ding 110 and then die, the 9-10% xp that you lose isn't granted back and thus you're down to 109. At 109 rezzes are working still?

I get it's annoying, but I don't see how this prevented you from joining your friends to do progression or AA. You have to buy the first few ranks of an AA in order to buy the ones you'd have access to at 110 anyway.
    Niskin likes this.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Beta was setup to accommodate testing, this situation only matters on level increasing expansions which are every 4th one or so. It made it to live servers because it wasn't testable in beta. Oversight? Yes. Annoying? Sure. But it happens, and it's not a serious bug like something where tons of people lose their gear or their characters.

It took some time to get reported, because it only happened at 110 and it takes time for people to level and experience the bug. Once it was reported, the fix was developed right away and put on test. Then it was deployed at the next available time for patching. It was fixed exactly one week after release, very few people experienced it, and it was only a few days turnaround from report to deploy. I think you just have unrealistic expectations.

As for the way they are handling it after the fact, there is some room for improvement there, but they are probably limited in what they can determine about those who experienced the bug. That limits their reimbursement options. I'm sorry you lost exp, but you seem excessively irritated over a minor issue that only existed for a short time.
    Tarvas likes this.