End of Empire Group Mission.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Meatdohx, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Meatdohx New Member

How exactly are we supposed to live?

You get instant 3 x 70k spell damage when the event go live.

Did anyone beat this yet?

This must be a bug or ridiculous overtuned.

Please comment.
  2. Maedhros High King

You need to get up to the soldiers right away or you blow up.
  3. Meatdohx New Member

You mean the karzok soldier or my ally soldier?
  4. Riou EQResource

it is really overtuned of the 3 missions pre-VP, like everything in EQ though more DPS = easier time
  5. Duhbeast Augur

Are you taking the damage from not having essence of the dragon?
  6. Axxius Augur

You need to complete the EoK progression and obtain the AA Essence of the Dragon I. Doing this mission without it is almost impossible.

This issue was discussed, highlighted and brought to the devs' attention repeatedly during Beta.
  7. Meatdohx New Member

This was not about the Kar Zok AOE. If you dont stand with your ally like in the center you will get 3 x 70k breath on you. Then the karzok attack you and yes if you dont have the aoe blocker you are basically dead.
  8. Axxius Augur

'Breath' is another Kar'Zok AE. They have a frontal cone AE and a PBAE. The ones at the start aggro on the npc's and do the breath at them, you can avoid that. But it won't really save you when more of them come later.
  9. Hiladdar Augur

That is because I believe that RoS is really EoK ... part 2.

Had RoS been a stand along expansion, it would not of required EoK progression.
  10. Frogmancer Augur

Yeah, it definitely seems that way. It feels a lot like the team designed one Kunark expansion, then realized they wouldn’t be able to finish it all and split it into two.
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

Actually it doesn't feel like that at all.
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

Was in a group today that did this. Got it on our 3rd try. Took us a couple of tries to get everything planned or coordinated how to proceed successfully. Once you have the strategy down, it wasn't too bad. No mercs in group.
  13. Gumby Augur

This mission really needs to be toned down some, especially that final wave+boss.

Only top notch players stand a chance at beating this mission and you have to be a truly special kind of a group gear tank/healer to even have a prayer of surviving.

Having to tell your average to below average play friends that have always done all of the content that they just aren't good enough is quite depressing for a progression mission in the 3rd zone of the expansion.

Challenge is great and all, but having to exceed perfection in group gear to even have a prayer of surviving is too much.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It seemed hard-ish for a t1 mission but not impossible.

We did it on our second try last night with sk mnk clr dru and bst, all 110/EoK raid geared. All competent players except the bst who’s a massive tool of derp and had a pity invite. Sat my rogbox for a wiz merc so I could focus on tanking.

It helped a lot to buff up the friendly npcs. When adds stacked up a bit they were off tanking 1 of them almost constantly (they spam a taunt-like ability so I gave up on fighting them on 1 per wave). Burning at the right time (last add wave + boss spawn time) made a big difference, too, as did balancing the add waves down so we didn’t get overwhelmed with more than 4 or 5 up at a time.

The viral silence seemed kinda rough, got it once but the effected toon had a Gina trigger so they ran to prevent spread. Got 2/3 cheeves, has anyone gotten the 3rd one? The description says individual and has to do with the meteor blocking, and we blocked them all successfully it looked like but no one got anything for that one.

For the difficulty this should probably be a t2/end type mission, imo.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Jetslam Augur

I believe the mission is bugged to grant the raid version of this achievement. So if you guys were in the raid previously and blocked a meteor, then you would have already had it.
    Sheex likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That would make sense, and we haven’t even attempted the raid. We usually take it slow around the holidays and the rez bug made raiding not so appealing. Thanks!
  17. Natal Augur

If that were the case it would not be exponentially more difficult and 5 levels higher.

It may be set in Kunark, but there is no freaking way that it is EoK part 2. It is more accurate to describe it as a game breaker to kill off the server populations so they can shut the game down. The folk who enjoy walking 10 miles backwards uphill in the snow, and have friends to help them do it, may get some short term enjoyment, but the bulk of the player population is going to end up getting frustrated not being able to do anything meaningful for the most part. Unless you reliably have a full balanced group you are pretty much not going to be able to do much of significance and certainly will not be able to upgrade your character.
    Dyna likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The aura graphics could use some clean up imo, those flickering red half-circles makes it hard to guess where you are safe, I preferred the aura graphics from the EoK-vault raid.
  19. Maedhros High King

I would put the Tower of Rot mission ahead of this in terms of difficulty for its time and it was even more narrow in what class makeup could be successful.
    There is nothing that says every player will complete all content in an expansion.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Do make sure to bring a Ranger, Rogue or Zerker with you. All the mobs are blue con that aren't named and are humanoid so as long as they have trained Headshot, Assassinate and Decapitate ranks it eases the dps burn. Save burns for when the puppy dogs spawn so you can get on the the boss and get him to around 25% ASAP. That seals the win for you...as long as the tank doesn't die.