New spells... Do not auto remove from list when memmed

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arraden, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Arraden Augur

This is an issue - the other expansions would remove spells that had been memorised.

Currently seem that all spells appear in reclaim window even after memorising.
  2. Ryanxp Augur

From your bag?

What class are you having this issue with? This seems simple and should have been caught in beta.

Is the problem that you can't remove spells from your spellgem, or they aren't going away when choosing another spellset? But yes, this seems like a major issue.
  3. Arraden Augur

oh sorry! more specific.
    When you get a tablet drop - in the "select" pop-up, normally, spells you've already got will be removed.
    This isn't happening and the full list is still there. Also, normally you'd be able to "downgrade" the spell to a lower level, and this option isn't available anymore.

Could be intentional but feels silly?
  4. Moege Augur

Was the same with EoK spells, and TBM dico. Needing to check first what you already have is irritating.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

I simply do not understand what the poor performance is.
    1. the client knows which spells you have
    2. the client knows which spells you can claim as reward

Server can send list of available reward, client can filter it further, send back selection which is confirmed on server that it is valid.

Where does poor performance even enter this equation.

* Withhoding about where I think the poor performance really is.
    Arraden likes this.
  6. Grove Augur

I am going to describe what I think OP is reporting. In the past as I recall, player may have purchased a Rank I spell. Later player comes upon a token for Rank II of the same spell. Player redeems the token and receives the Rank II version of the same spell. Player scribes this Rank II spell in an empty slot in the spell book, likely poking at a spot near the original Rank I. In the past, rather than staying in this spot the icon representing Rank II would flip to the spot where Rank I had been, removing the Rank I.

I think the OP is reporting that in the spell book currently, the Rank II remains where player scribed it and so does the Rank I, back a few spaces.
  7. Derd Augur

No he is reporting what is happening when you click a spell fragment. And if you search the devpost you can find the reply where they are not going to have that feature anymore. You will have to remember what spells you have or check before you click.
    Arraden likes this.
  8. Arraden Augur

This. And, Sad times dot com :-(
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Candaan New Member

Rank 2 ROS spells were not removed from the Reward Window spell list after scribing them.

Today I attempted to do a claim of a rank 2 ROS spell. I had turned in a lvl 109 spell rune a couple days ago, and received group haste and Dizzying Wheel spells and scribed both spells. Today, a couple days after scribing and using the other spells, I got another Rank 2 lvl 109 ROS spell and claimed the spell rune. In the reward window, Group Haste and Dizzying Wheel were both still listed in the reward window as available spells (2 spells for 1 turn-in)
  10. Derd Augur

As I posted just above your post that is the way it works now and it is going to be that way in the future according to the Developers.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This is the same stupid behavior as with the EoK Rk3 spells.
    They too, do not disappear from the list.

So yes, better keep good track of what you already got.
    Until they finally see the wisdom in and find the time for such a "needless but customer-friendly" change.
    Currently, i am sure, "working as intended" - probably even the BST pet+heal spell showing up in other classes.
    No problem, just be careful what you click when you choose your reward...
    Caell and Arraden like this.