No XP back from rez at 110

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by isabot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Darktank New Member

Many in guild having this problem. Hybrids seem to be the one can you please to a hot fix on this when you find out what is wrong.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Vanrau Augur

Any GM's power leveling people to 109/110 on the test server to test the fix out?
  3. Duhbeast Augur

I had hit 110 just last night as a hybrid, and wasn't having any problems. I had died one time and then got rezed and was 3% back in.

[IMG]
  4. Eckish Lorekeeper

The issue is an overflow in the variable that holds lost exp. You need to have enough exp where the % lost is high enough to overflow. This will happen at different points for different classes. The fix has been reported to be on test and they want to test it longer before pushing it live.

So the work around for now is to simply stop leveling at a point where you can still get exp back from a rez and then switch to AA until the fix is pushed live.
  5. Parricidium New Member

That's not even a work around. I can't use 110 discs, I can't buy 110 AA, so basically I'm perma 109 until they can figure something out. Seems like a lot of speculation as to the why in this thread. If this were a problem, wouldn't it have manifested itself in every expansion that resulted in a level cap increase? Its silly and embarrassing that they have let this go on for so long.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  6. Eckish Lorekeeper

Yes, the work around is to be 109 until this is fixed. I'm not saying be happy about it, but at this point, the problem is known. Continuing to climb back to 110 is going to result in experience loss. You can keep frustrating yourself doing this over and over again all weekend, or focus on the things you can work on at 109. To each their own, I guess.

It isn't speculation. The devs posted the problem in the bug thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ate-bugs-12-12-17.245806/page-10#post-3609768

It hasn't been a problem before, likely because we've never had this much experience before. We are lucky that it is happening in the 110 range for most people and not in one of the lower levels. It wasn't caught in beta because beta players don't lose experience on death. That isn't an excuse, but everything makes sense in retrospect.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Where perma = a few days.

They've already patched test with the fix, as soon as they are confident they didn't screw anything else up, it'll go live.
  8. Zerku New Member

Ok im a Iksar monk (racial exp bonus) had exp bug, RC'd to Human, now fixed, so how hard can it be - and I will petition for 3,relevelings to 110, - that like 1k AA's , RC Scroll x 2 = 5000 DBGC.

Petition filed, i fixed the game for myself as you couldent, so apply that fix asap and reimbuse me for my work.

/Zerku AB
  9. DaciksBB Augur

If the problem is indeed overflow, a possible workaround would probably be only taking 90% rezzes until they fix it. I think I died a few times at 110 (and taking rez stick rezzes) and didn't delevel until i took a 96
    Metanis likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It’s pretty comical in a way that all these years later, Hybrids and Iksar Monks are paying an experience penalty like in the way back day lol
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. smash Augur

First of all, I do not care at all that i have to wait a day or 3 for the fix to be done when it is required, rather that than I suddenly find myself at level 1.

However something else bothers me a lot more, which is that there appears to be penalty in being hybrid/iksar? Since they the only ones that effected. I thought that years ago soe removed xp penalty from classes and races ?

From my point of view: Class A-Z, casters, melee, hybrids, healers, should all require X number of kills to level, ALL classes should do that. The old thing about some classes/races got a bonus is not valid anymore imo.
  12. Toomba Elder

Been doing a lot of research, and asking around. Found a solution to avoid the experience loss at 110.

Not dying.

Tested and confirmed
    Yinla and Metanis like this.
  13. Thraine Augur

thanks for all your extensive research
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Where's that dislike button....
    Hiladdar likes this.
  15. Thraine Augur

Tested this morning ... a 75% rez gives back 0 exp also. its not just 96% rezzes
    Hiladdar likes this.
  16. Marike Elder

90 percent also gives back 0. Tested for science. Also stupidity. I deserved it.
    Hiladdar and Metanis like this.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

Just think how many more bugs coding design decisions like this are still hidden in that 20 year old code? :)
  18. Hiladdar Augur

Death happens in this game.

I strongly recommend that if you die, and are ressed with a greater then 10% res, and get no experience back you petition. This is a well know documented bug where the game is not performing to standards, therefore it is a customer service issue.
  19. Derd Augur

Yes let's clog the system with petitions for something that at most should happen to you once. Hopefully many of you delevel dozens of times rather than just waiting till it's fixed.
  20. Issk Journeyman

Devs this is lame - you're poor quality control is impacting your paying customers...
    Hiladdar likes this.