Krono question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Telvanus, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Telvanus Journeyman

Is there any way I can lose a Krono someone else gave me? I saw some people talking about charge backing krono. Can someone pay me and charge back it causing me to lose it?
  2. moogs Augur

That could happen. The person that charges back the purchase will have their EQ account permanently banned with no recourse. Daybreak doesn't mess around when it comes to charge back nonsense. The associated krono(s) would go *poof*.

Consume the krono(s) for your game time or resell if you're that worried.
  3. Bikk Journeyman

Also dont worry about someone creating a free account and buying krono and doing a charge back. Daybreak bans any new accounts that buy Krono, I found that out the hard way.

Started up, leveled to 15 and bought a krono,.. banned the next day.
    Ryanxp likes this.
  4. Telvanus Journeyman

Ok, thanks for the info guys.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

I call bull. No matter how new an account is, it should not matter. If a day-old account holder wants to buy krono, it is entirely their right. Most likely, you used a method of payment that was declined, or turned out to be invalid.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. S33k3r Augur

Not the first time I have heard about new accounts banned for buying krono.

From https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116448-Krono

Restrictions and Limits

• Accounts must be 48 hours old to purchase.
    • Account limit of 9,999 Krono.
    • You may purchase 25 Krono in a 24 hour period.
    • Non Refundable.
    • Krono cannot be purchased with Station Cash
    • Krono can take up to 24 hours to appear on your account as your order is verified.
    • Once a Krono has been applied to an account, it cannot be transferred.
    Ryanxp, Gundolin and Rhaage like this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I've never seen a problem with Krono's. It may take some time to buy one as I've heard they're super worried about fraud so lots of checks before you may get them from buying. Once they're in game, they can be traded around easily.

I have never bought one, but once it was in game, I've never had a problem either using one or trading one to an alt or friend who needed one.
  8. Bikk Journeyman

Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not the case. You have to wait some time before you can safely buy a Krono without being banned. I still have the chat transcripts from support regarding the account ban. Once that account is banned they cant reopen either.
    Nolrog likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Seems really strange to me, if they have a rule about no Krono on an account less than 48 hours old (quoted above), then why not just disallow buying Krono on accounts less than 48 hours old?

Seems like a really crappy way to run things, DBG!
    moogs likes this.
  10. moogs Augur

Tatanka's post x1000.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Lag. Just like it sometimes takes 24 hours or longer the first time you purchase krono. Everything has to go thru fraud checks.
  12. Nolrog Augur

The problem is that this is a common exploit tactic, to start a new account and buy Krono, and it costs DBG money in the form of charge backs and penalties from the credit card company.
  13. Nolrog Augur

I'm confused by your question. It says (quoted above) that you cannot purchase them if your account is less than 48 hours old.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And yet, people posted about buying Krono on new accounts and then getting banned. If they do prevent you from buying Krono on new accounts, then how did these people get banned?

Somewhere, somebody's not reporting the facts correctly.
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Im betting its like this, make account, wait 48-72 hrs buy krono, krono gets issued to said toon. Then trans them to another account/toon so they can do chargeback. Accounts gets blocked/banned. Krono stay.

Least in my head that is how I think its done. I understand the reason behind krono and I bet there is a better way to keep it secure and safe. Just I dont know uet...
  16. moogs Augur

As I understand it, each Krono has a unique ID and the transactions between accounts can be fully traced.