Quests

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Emmylou, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Emmylou New Member

I love quests, tradeskills, and ticking off items on the achievement list. I mostly molo because I have some physical limitations when playing on the computer.

I have a baby druid and a necro. I love the druid, and she looks handy for tracking and teleporting all over, but, after reading some threads on this board, I'm wondering if I'll have a tough time at higher levels, The necro is awesome, but, of course, doesn't have tracking for those elusive quest mobs, although feign death is amazingly useful. Which of these two would be more fun at higher levels for quests and so on? I welcome any opinions, as my knowledge of EQ is very limited after level 50.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

level both up and have fun. But I think the necro can kill harder mobs.
  3. Gundolin Augur

What CrazyLarth said. Play and enjoy, the game is great and plenty to do. I don't think there are many who could molo current content quests on a druid, at least without a great deal of frustration, but there is so much to do questing that you can easily keep your druid busy at 105 or now 110 on older content and have a great time.

I personally really liked the quest lines in the House of Thule, and in CoTF, I think you will enjoy if you like quests. (Not that you would need to be 105+ to molo these, just that I liked the quests and there is a long line of them in both expansions, to molo through). :)
  4. Scorrpio Augur

I got a lvl 106 druid, they pack a lot of punch at higher levels. That said, necro is beter at solo/molo, Druid really works better in groups, IMHO.
  5. Kianara Lorekeeper

My main is a 108 druid, I absolutely love the class. Not a whole lot I can't handle solo (can't do EoK/RoS solo). If you're serious about tradeskilling, you're gonna have a MUCH easier time farming with the druid than the necro..
  6. Fluid Augur

Nothing beats a Druid for questing. Porting around, killing when you get to where you are going, hands down the fastest path to completing a quest. They even get a weak pet at 53<?> that makes resource gathering almost tolerable.

You might want to consider some form of Ranger . They get a similar spell line up, most of the perks, can use a bow, and are pretty survivable. I've found from about level 85 up to be almost equivalent to a Druid with respect to getting the job done on quests.
  7. Emmylou New Member

Thanks for the great advice! I do intend to play both, just wasn't sure which one to make my quester, as I don't want to do everything on both toons. I will try the ranger also, and I was thinking of a beastlord as well. I really enjoyed the mage, too, but the lack of snare made me a little paranoid in dungeons. I'm off to be a Druish princess :)
    moogs likes this.
  8. moogs Augur

My hair! He shot my hair!