trio with EQ newbs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by select20, Dec 14, 2017.

1. select20 Journeyman

I played back in '99-02 and have dabble a bit since the TLP's released. I'm coming back but I have 2 others that have limited MMO experience and have never played EQ. I'm wanting to roll a class I can kind of steer the group with if that makes sense. A class that can pick up the slack in different areas while they are learning.

My first thought is a healer of some kind or tank. Bard maybe, I dont' know. They'll be playing monks, zerk or BL's. Also which server? TLPs? or Live server would be best?

Thanks
  2. Zalamyr Augur

From a live server perspective, I'd vote SK. They can tank, pull, self heal, and dps decently. They're pretty much the ultimate carry class. Only downside is the obvious gear dependence.

Enchanter would probably be my second vote for a non-tank carry class. They can trivialize most situations with control.
    moogs likes this.
  3. select20 Journeyman

Awesome thanks, will do
  4. moogs Augur

You're fortunate that you have a couple of people open to playing such an old game with you. That's awesome. A tank would be the obvious choice, since you already know a bit about the concept of aggro and how to manage it. The next most responsible person should ideally be your group's healer, but it looks like they have other plans (and of course that's fine). I've carried many, many groups as the healer and puller. An enchanter main is another great pick, as Zalamyr noted. They make excellent pullers and can get some otherwise wild situations in control.

Since you already have a group, go with a live server. You can use mercenaries to fill your group and you can get out there and see the content from the 20+ expansions you haven't experienced before. Luclin-Stromm is a pretty good one; if you go with that one send me a message here on the forums. I can log in to craft some bags, buff the group, and so on.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Rember to look up how to block slow heal spells on your mercenary healer