Viable Duo Options for a Wizard

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Pikaboom, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Pikaboom New Member

Hi,

I have been playing on the Agnarr server and having a good time, but I was also curious in getting back into playing on live servers. I have been two boxing on Agnarr and was looking to do the same on live and really wanted to have a wizard as one of the characters in the Duo even though I know they work better in a trio than as a duo.

What would be viable options with the Wizard? I was contemplating Beastlord/Wizard or Enchanter/Wizard. Would either of those two pairings be viable in a duo with mercs?

I know that Mages also work very well with Wizards, but I have done the Mage thing in the past and was looking to try something a little different. Any other duos that would work well that I have not considered above?
  2. moogs Augur

Enchanters have some abilities that work well with wizards. You could charm tank or use a tank merc. Druid and Wizard are pretty good.
    Jumbur likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I can't speak to how things will change in RoS, but in EoK at least, SK/warriors out-class merc/pet tanks so much that an sk/wiz or war/wiz is a very good option. Best of those two is sk/wiz because the SK can self-heal and split mobs.

Once your SK/war are geared/AA'd you'll be able to pull groups of mobs, keep them controlled by tanking them, do respectable damage with the tank, all while nuking the piss out of them with the wizard.
    moogs and Ryanxp like this.
  4. Ryanxp Augur

Follow Tucoh's advice

But, I personally enjoy contemplating my dream-team box set, and which class would pair best with its counterpart; moreso my twisted codependent team. Typically, I would add a Paladin over a Shd or War simply for their additional group heal option, And I will pick a class I main with its box partner being an enhancer more than anything else.
    Which is largely the reason I have over 3 bards across multiple servers. A bard is extremely helpful in so many situations, especially with caster classes, and I'd classify it as my first choice to box with a Wiz.
    However, a Bst or Enc both seem like good ideas , imo

Bst: Will add some regen, capable tank, slow
    Enc: Will add some regen, slow, auras, spell proc

But, follow Tucoh's advice if you seek to take on the toughest conflicts end-game scenarios without needing help outside of your box setup
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I completed most of EoK-progression as a wizard, playing with a chanter-friend, so wizard-chanter is definitely a viable option. Not sure if it is a boxer-friendly setup, but its a powerful combo with 2 mains playing.
    Ryanxp likes this.