PSA - Race Change Scrolls

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aziuno, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Aziuno Augur

Race changed a Warrior to Vah Shir for sneak, and it shows up on your skill but does not work.

Main is a Rogue so I know how the mechanic works, and how you properly use sneak, and it shows 50 in the skill window, but when you go to a trainer, it doesn't even show up in the list of skills to train (I know you can't go above 50 from innate, just figured it would list it in guild master)

Apparently this has been reported already, awhile ago, so it may be public knowledge already?

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-976
  2. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

You are right, this bug has been brought up in the past, but I dont recall it ever being addressed in any capacity by the devs.
  3. Punchu Augur

I believe the same is true for Iksar forage when you race change from a class that didn't have forage. Probably true for all skill X that aren't shared between the race you changed from and the race you changed too.
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

My iksar took some time, but his forage skill goes up. Maybe it's different with Hide, but maybe you just have to practice it.
  5. Punchu Augur

When you buy the innate forage AA it 'resets' the skill to 1 if you were displaying 50. Makes me think it was never 50 in the first place.
  6. RandomStrategy Augur

Huh. I changed from Barbarian to Iksar, and while I have the skill, it started at 0. I think I have it to like 38 now (I don't forage as much as I should).
  7. Punchu Augur

I can't put my thumb on it just something I've always noticed on my monk when I race change from human to iksar. Something is clearly screwy with the way racial skills work on race changes.
  8. Darchias Augur

I don't think the system they us to race change can take existing skill into account, and in order to stop skill rollbacks it just doesn't give you extra skill points.

So I think (could be wrong) that it's possible to have a command set a skill to a certain value. This is shown when they added Kick to Bards and it was automatically max skill (so I'm told). I'm thinking the problem is that it can't detect what your skill was beforehand. So a Warrior race changing to Iksar would get the Forage skill, but it wouldn't have any points in it since it wouldn't be at 50... but his hard-earned Swimming skill of 257 isn't set back to 100 for the same reason. A Shaman switching to Vah Shir would have to get his Sneak skill and Safe Fall skill up the hard way, but the Rogue doing the same won't have his hard-earned Sneak points reset to 50. There's probably a way to fix this, but it most likely would have to have them redesign the race-change scroll's code from the ground up to take this into account. Not worth the time or effort, I think. I really don't think this problem is well known enough to impact the sales of race-change scrolls.