Wiz/Mage DPS Web App

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Sep 12, 2017.

1. kizant Augur

Updates

1. Fixed a few issues. Timeline items weren't always taking into account the landing time of the spell. Abilities that run during GCD weren't taking into account casting time. Only really effect wiz AA nukes now spread out a little better.

2. Finally added Ranger Arrows to ADPS options.

I also don't plan on updating the regular version of the app anymore. Too close to release and the recent fixes haven't been that big of a deal.
  2. kizant Augur

I lied. It's too annoying trying to compare beta to current so I updated http://dps.kizant.net with the same fixes for GCD timing, spell cast times, and AA nuke/abilities to run during GCD timings.
    IblisTheMage and Brohg like this.
  3. kizant Augur

One more update to both applications:

1. Added a new 'Cast Time' to the stats section. It's based on the time between the first cast hitting and the last. Then that value is used to figure out DPS. This way the DPS shown is more consistent. Just changing the time interval of the timeline doesn't change DPS when it may not even update the number of spells cast. Plus it gives a number a little better to compare with Gamparse.

2. Fixed bug where AA nukes, firebound orb, etc couldn't be used on their own.

3. Minor timeline adjustments from doing some more testing.

Note that the the regular/EoK version is still behind in a few abilities that it supports. (ranger arrows for example). But it should have all the functional updates.
  4. kizant Augur

Well it looks like everyone is stealing the wizard robe focus so I updated it to work for Mages. Plus I changed the focus percent to 9% on the raid robe and 7% on the group. Since that was hinted at on one of the threads.

Now, if the new Mage focus works like the Wizard version usually does in that it also applies to previous versions of Spear then I really do have to change classes...
  5. fransisco Augur

Thanks again for all the work you're putting into this Kizant.
    You rock [IMG]
  6. kizant Augur

Thanks!

Updates:

Added the type 3 augs. They don't show up in that test/info page though just in the before crit add property of each spell. It's for performance reasons. There's already too much going on and as long as there's never a stacking issue it should be fine.

Also, added Skyblaze back to the wizard list for some comparisons I wanted to do.
  7. fransisco Augur

I thought you mentioned once you had thoughts about adding enchanters to the mix. Am I miss-remembering? Though I suppose that would definitely be a wishlist item on your mountain of work
  8. kizant Augur

Yeah, I was thinking about it and some encs weren't sure if they really needed it. The hard part for me is handling DoTs since they don't really fit in with the way I'm figuring out when to cast the next spell.

Although, if it's useful I could do a simple version with just the DD spells. That wouldn't take too long. But then DoTs would have to come later. Not really sure when I'd have time but it probably wouldn't be for a month or two.
  9. kizant Augur

Updates:

1. Updated robe focus to work for all Spear spells like today's update has it doing. It also looks like they do go with 7 and 9% which is cool.

2. Added Blistersteel back since it did just get that focus upgrade and looks way better than Bolt of Skyfire. What's the point of Bolt anyway?

3. Fix for FD being charged when it shouldn't if you add abilities in a certain order.
    fransisco and Sancus like this.
  10. Sancus Augur

I guess bolt is at least mana efficient? The % increase per level increase expansion has gotten lower over time, so older Spears are staying more relevant. The 101 Bolt was higher DPS than the 95 Spear, mainly because the % increase from VoA to RoF was quite large (~46% for Bolt, ~35% for Spear).

Also worth noting that spells >9 levels below the caster's level don't benefit from spell damage. That means that, at level 110, Spear of Blistersteel doesn't get the additional damage from Spell Damage.
    fransisco and gotwar like this.
  11. kizant Augur

Oooh ok I'll test that spell damage issue out. Never noticed that before.

Was also going to try the robe focuses but they don't appear to actually be on the robes yet. :(
  12. kizant Augur

Update:

1. Made the fix Sancus pointed out. Now it's pretty interesting. With 2k spell damage Bolt has higher DPS with all the other default settings. But if you lower it to 1k spell damage then Spear is a little better. -- Edit I had the RK 2 damage in there for testing but after fixing that Spear took the lead again for sure. Just not be a lot anymore.

I had also updated the default spell damage to 2000 since it seems like we get a decent amount more in RoS. Without a power source I got 2082 on beta.
  13. kizant Augur

Update:

1. Removed an adjustment I was making for the GCD time. It really didn't turn out to help and after re-running some tests I put it back to normal. If you're used to using 1.6 or whatever your value is and getting good results you'll want to increase it another 0.5 to 0.75. I don't know. After doing a few more parses for myself my time between casts comes to 1.755 when using a mouse that auto fires every 50ms. That auto fire rate is also the time increment that app is currently using. Now when if I set it to 1.755 it's giving a fairly close timeline for the 10 minute range. But that's also in an empty zone and pretty much no other sort of game lag going on.

2. Updated some item descriptions and removed a few items that are kinda pointless now. Nobody should be using 2h raid weapons from TBM anymore for one example.

My ping is also about 83ms after making all the networking adjustments on windows 10. I'm curious what other people measure for their GCD time. If anyone has numbers off hand. I wonder what numbers to devs use when doing their own calculations. I definitely know my spell lineup would change in RoS if it were closer to 1.5 seconds. It does throw things off quite a bit.
  14. mmats Augur

I think there is a bug with calculations on remorseless servant. It is being affected by ancient hedgewizard brew and mana reciprocation aura. I dont believe those abilities proc on RS?
  15. Sancus Augur

Yes they do.
  16. mmats Augur

My mistake
  17. kizant Augur

18. kizant Augur

Updates:

1. Added a basic mode for supporting Enchanter spells. It's not doing any DoTs yet and I just added some DDs I thought might be interesting. It's not tested a lot so if someone wants to check stuff out that would be good. Although, it's all rk3 beta stuff so it probably would have to be done there for a while.

2. Fixed some misc bugs but nothing that was probably noticed.

3. Oh and moved the class spell picked to the top so it's more out of the way. And now it needs to be a drop down since it's nice just toggling two classes.
  19. kizant Augur

New Update:

1. Added a Spell Rank dropdown. It lets you change the rank of all RoS spells. The only thing that really changes right now is base damage and spell name. For things like Reckless Servant the time to live is already configurable so that one doesn't matter. The only thing really missing is like wizard Claw spells proc syllables and the different ranks have slightly different values. Those are just doing the rank 3 values all the time. I'll fix that sometime this week I think.

It doesn't let you choose on a per spell basis either so it's all or nothing. So, it's not ideal but you could open up multiple browser windows and compare that way. I could add some more of the TDS spells back if it would be useful but I don't want to just do them all. Wizards have Skyblaze and Enc/Mage have previous versions of mindsunder/spear to compare to already. If there's one someone thinks is really useful let me know. I don't know myself, I'm still thinking about what I'd use. Wizards do need a non-fire lineup so there could be a few reasons for adding some older spells back.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

Update:

Fixed the issue with Claw so it now procs the correct rank for syllables. Plus added Ethereal Rimeblast back just cause.