Cleric at 90, Molo questions

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Dave, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Dave New Member

Hi all,

When I first played EQ I played cleric in a full time raiding guild until burnout around 2007. I came back and have 3 boxed some toons on and off since.

I fancy playing my cleric again and ultimately raiding if I can.

The challenge is I dont want to drag the cleric as part of a 2 or 3 box. I want to molo him and try to learn what all of these spells do out in the field.

I have had a peek on this forum and cant see exactly what I am looking for.

At level 90 with 2007 gear what are my best options to molo him up? I am guessing initially it would be to pair him with a burn merc? What are the better zones to try at lvl 90 for him? Should I stay on light blue then try blue mobs? Are their any particular expansions I should not bother with?

Cheers in advance for any mini pointers
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I can't offer much advice yet, as I've only molo'd my level 85 Heroic Cleric with a Tank merc in light blue content, but I'm going to play around with him more soon. Will try a damage merc and a tank merc and see what works. At 90 you will probably want to be somewhere in the House of Thule expansion, as you're a few levels too low to really tear up Veil of Alaris yet. There aren't a lot of good options and they're all slow, but you should be able to make steady progress.
  3. Brohg Augur

Fair warning - active group clericking, especially moloing, has approximately fuckall to do with how raid clericking goes.
  4. Gundolin Augur

Clerics are not a great molo class but if you are going to try it I'd suggest house of Thule Lower Floors, or The Feerrott (the dream). Lots of undead. Before heading there I'd suggest buying upgrades to all your gear from the Bazaar, it should be relatively cheap for level 90 gear and will probably be a big improvement. At level 90 and 91 you might be stuck with House of Thule gear you will be farming soon enough, but its much easier to farm it if you already have it. :)

Probably the easiest would be to go into the river in Feerrott at one end or the other and just work your way along it. Almost all that agroes if you stay under water will be undead, and not very hard to pull single or double.

After about level 94/95 there are some really easy areas to pull in Erudin Burning, down in the Southern section. The only problem is getting down into the southern section is a little bit of a pain. The easiest way is if you can get up on the ledge on the eastern wall, you will be able to bypass most of the mobs until you get near the entrance to the tunnel to the south. But the entrance might be a bit tricky to clear molo depending on your experience/gear.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's definitely going to be a more fun experience if you put in the extra time to identify undead camps and stick to them. Anything we can nuke efficiently will speed up the process considerably. Running with a tank merc against normal mobs is really slow, like twice as slow as you'd imagine.

Last night I decided to try the J5 Merc quest in The Dream moloing with my J1 tank merc. The mobs were blue, some were "weak" cons, but not all. The merc held up okay against one mob at a time, with sporadic healing, but adds made it fall apart quickly. There just isn't the damage output there to deal with two or more, and the merc tends to switch when the new mob comes, so every add resets the time to kill one off. So it's really important to get single pulls and stay away from adds. Even if you use root to CC you can't guarantee your merc will fight the one you intend. And I found with adds that the damage comes in too fast to play with CC anyway.

I ran out of time to finish the quest, will probably do that tonight. I think the whole thing can be done molo with the J1 tank. That Ashenbone Drake fight might take a week though. Once I have the J5 tank I'll test again and see how things are different. Will also test against a normal mob from the zone as I think these quest mobs are tuned down even though some are not "weak."
  6. Brohg Augur

I've done the No Heroism Without Fear task on every class as a starting Heroic character, with no assistance besides the Apprentice 2 mercenary. All the enemies involved are super weak, on purpose, to allow that.

On cleric,
    If you're not using all of:
    Aweshake
    Yaulp
    Holy Intervention
    Sound of Reverberance
    Glorious Denunciation
    Holy Contravention

then you should be.

also there's Reprehend to cast if you're getting bored waiting for the above to refresh, but it's not good. Too slow casting. Chromassail is trash.

Heals: Glorious into Intra, Contra > Frenetic > Devout Light. Remedy line becomes a thing at 96. Don't try to follow high level guides until you have the high level spells.

As you level up, new stuns replace old stuns, but new Glorious & Intra/Contra get used right along with the old ones.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Thanks, that's very helpful. Intra/Contra are great and I didn't even know they were a thing. I finished the quest, and the Ashenbone Drake fight is actually easy, because undead. I was surprised how tough some of the fights were with the J1 merc though, I'd think the A2 would barely cut it. Things are much better now with the J5, although if I didn't have some plat banked I'd be worried about killing fast enough to pay for the upkeep. Going to have to go farm some light blues for plat in SoD Blackburrow or something to see if that's even possible.
    Gundolin likes this.
  8. Gundolin Augur

The "relatively weak" cons in Feerrott are very easy and often drop Diamonds, good for farming as well.