Phinnyprogress.com | DoN Tracking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Miena, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Warriorphinny New Member

EoE beat Vish third, we beat Rikky and Kess first on the server immediately after our Vish kill. Not that it matters and I am far from bragging. Vish was the goal for anyone racing.
  2. Warriorphinny New Member

You should check your logs, EoE killed Vish then immediately killed Kess and Rikky after. Sorry to pop your weird fantasy of being number one. Grats Wild Treasures on Vish first, only thing that mattered anyways.
  3. Vanrau Augur

Ok great Vish should be weighted heavily for DoN in the rankings. That should have been communicated before the expansion launched, not afterwards. That's like deciding to not vote in an election and then afterwards that your opposing candidate won.

I would suggest that all future expansions be discussed way before hand with the site owner to figure out a system that all guilds are happy with.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

Just curious how you define finishing an expansion. Does Miena get to decide? I don't recall tracking the bridgekeeper in Omens. Why didn't we? I guess Miena didn't say so?

Luckily the majority of people in EQ have agreed upon a very simple way of determining when an expansion is finished. It's when the progression that was defined in the expansion has been completed. In DoN that means when Vish has been defeated.

Why Miena decided to add Tirranun, Rikkukin & Kessdona is something you would have to ask them. Why didn't they include Emoush or Valkara? Who knows.

The better question is why does Miena even track it at all. All they get is grief :p.
  5. Astley Augur

It's a long time ago, so some people may be forgetting the original rankings of Velious progression.

At the time it was released, Machen had filtered the Sleeper's Warders/Ancients to being the final mobs in progression list. Because it was keyed, because it was going to take awhile to get your guild in there. That was how it was filtered originally. Even though killing a Warder/Ancient wasn't nearly as hard as Vulak in-era. There was debate about it back then, but that's what was followed and the protocol was full completion, even of less difficult targets, was the crux of the argument. OGC used to be #2 back then on the chart and made their argument on that based on being the higher finish of the Warders over EoE.

Also, when IVAS, Resolute, and Caer Cadarns all made their Warders kills, they were ranked higher than other guilds who had NOT submitted Warder/Ancient kills but had beaten Vulak. This was done at the time for finishing the full chart in the 'race'.

Now, the way the expansions have worked out SINCE that point, the final raid has essentially needed completion of everything else prior to that, or has had enough time between launch and top raid kill to complete all the underling raids. And it seems Marcone may have reordered the chart a bit since then to sort by the last mob being listed.

But that's not the way it was being listed prior to the new site. I remember this because there was a time where the now defunct Kings Legion was ranked ahead of us in Velious because they had been placed on the list for having Sleeper's Ancient kills on the board prior to them getting in and killing Vulak after we did. At the time we were holding off on finishing the chart so we could key more members to come in for the FTK so we stayed below them for awhile even after the chart was re-ordered to list Vulak in the final column. It was still ranked/weighted by full completion date rather than final boss kill. And Machen's short-lived 'point-based' rankings for completion also favored completing targets in era by awarding more points for that as well.

All we're saying is we made our plan to the way it's been handled so far throughout the server tracking history.
  6. Kanamori Hitatomi New Member

The original EQ progress tracker had it on their site. That's they way it's been for the past 12 years or whatever it's been for tracking progression and everyone's had access to that info about what completes the expansion. That, and those mobs do have server-wides today. Most of the arguments about other "raid" mobs in previous expansions not being tracked did not have server-wides either.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=DoN

I do agree that running a tracker is a pain in the behind. No one will ever agree on what to track and what not to track. But, we do have historical tracking mobs that have been used in the past, and that's what he used this time. Mad props to running the tracker to him, it's a pretty thankless job and a lot of extra work on him so we can cheer on pixels.

Edit - saw that the site now has AoSWT and OGC up there. I'm cool with that as they did beat Vish ahead of us. But they still didn't beat the expansion before us (/nitpick)
  7. malaki Augur

Halls of Testing symbol dropping drakes had serverwides, I hope those were tracked also.
  8. Kanamori Hitatomi New Member

Mostly a moot point later on as all mobs will be required for actual progression in the expansions.
  9. Venalin Journeyman

I'm glad Tirranun is on the tracker, because it gave me just that small reason to use our extra post-vish time to chanter tank the coolest looking dragon in the expansion! Pants may have also been banned on said outing.

Hitting a piss easy target for the sake of fun and seeing the event once without other higher priority targets waiting for us was a great relaxing time! We enjoy coming up with strategies for racing expansions, and doing our best with those very limited numbers on in the middle of the day before standard raid time. We did pretty well in my opinion for having 10-15ish members online at expansion start, no official test runs etc. and have a lot of fun in the process, as that's the goal afterall!

Having these low tier targets on a tracker also helps track smaller or up and coming guilds' progress later down the road, not just the racing guilds on launch day.

I couldn't be happier with how busy Phinigel still is this far into the game's lifecycle, and I am a little giddy with the promising possibility of the server climate continuing through even more of my favorite expansions. I'm ranting, but having a total blast with the server, still glowing in seeing so many guilds beating expansions as far in as DoN on the first couple days of release.

Anyway - having a site to track the guilds of the server is super important in keeping the community together, it's a great tool to see how the guilds are doing, how populated the server is etc.. Seeing the race between AoS/OGC is always exciting, and leaves me wishing sharing the tactics used was less hush hush, as these sort of game mechanics are super intriguing to me. Well deserved wins, and I am more than honored to help my guild get #4 vish kill. The other targets were completed because we had the time, and enjoy seeing each encounter in an expansion at least once if we can!
  10. Astley Augur

And we at Cult of Chaos do love to point out the nitpicky ways our members are the best...

Nitpick Fact of the Day: I crafted the first Live pair of those golden, Wu's Fighting Pantaloons in-era...
  11. -wycca Augur

The thing you guys seem to be missing in this little fit of yours is that expansions that have been tracked orders it by the endboss when there is one (on machen's original site or the new one). There's no reason to discuss something because that's how it's been done. The only potential point of discussion is how to do TSS, since it has two endbosses (easy Answer = whomever kills both first).
  12. Warriorphinny New Member

The only potential point of discussion that matters is surviving to the true test, which is playing this agonizingly horrible game until Underfoot with the remaining rag tag pack of stragglers who are glutton's for punishment, and banging your head against the wall until you get to house of thule and realize its time to uninstall.
  13. Machentoo Augur

For what it's worth, whomever kills both first is how I'd do it if I were still doing it. First to kill final boss is the only thing that I ever cared about. Beltron is a joke, and Lethar is clearly "the" boss of the expansion, but if a guild skipped Beltron and just killed Lethar and tried to claim victory, I'd be laughing.
  14. NoWay Augur

Lol, CoC wants number 2 on the boards. Let them have it. Who cares we all know the expac race and the ranks
  15. Ohfuggle Elder

If you really want a big laugh, go to CoC's front page and read.

I almost spit out my drink laughing!

Grats on #1 lol. You uh, can have it?
  16. Somnium Wintersun New Member

Honestly who cares? Just kill dragons with your buddies as long as you can and enjoy. So much drama over this BS.
  17. Satriani New Member

Wild Treasures and OGC killed Vish 33 seconds apart. Grats Wild Treasures for 1st kill. If any rankings have any other guilds ahead of these 2 because of counting lessor dragons, its way off. None of the other guilds are even on same plane as WT and OGC.
    Guzzle likes this.
  18. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Sorry, but this game is what, 19 years old now? This content was beaten for the first time over a decade ago. There is no glory to be had anymore. Even the capacity for accomplishment that DID exist for it back in 2005 was minimal at best. Why, you ask? Because this is a video game. You sit, and you push buttons. If you're losing sleep over it, or using it as a means to define self-worth, sorry but you may be a loser.

Before GoD released I took a break from the game for a couple of months then went back to live because being constantly surrounded by personality complexes (in both guild and on the server in general) got old for me. And whether you're playing live or TLP one fact always rings true for this game; it's not really difficult, it's just a time sink. How "good" you are isn't about skill, it's about how much time is being dedicated. On live, ROI and CT hold the epeen crowns. On Phinny it's AOS/WT and OGC. There's a common denominator with these guilds. When it comes to this game, personal schedules go out the window, targets are downed, and lockouts are kept at all costs. "Skill" has very little to do with anything.

So if obsessively chasing an imaginary ranking in this dated (and in many ways, irrelevant) game is what validates you as a person, cool I guess? Just know that while you get publicly bent out of shape, you look pretty ridiculous. So try to have some real fun every once in a while. And no, no matter how much cognitive dissonance you conjure up, most reasonable can see that you're lying to yourselves when you insist that you're having fun while bickering and squabbling in your TLP cesspool of toxicity.

Lastly to my old comrades in CoC, I hope you're all doing well and not letting this game get the best of you. Feel free to send a tell to Drinal.Oakenblade we can catch up sometime.

Have fun, Phinny. You bunch of headcases.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Err, think what you want, but it takes tremendous skill, planning and execution to beat DoN in under four hours. If you've never been a part of one of these kinds of guilds, you really have no clue the level of planning, preparation and execution that goes into something like this.

It's a whole different level then just beating the content. Anyone can do that, you are right. Optimizing every single thing you can, to race against another guild that is doing the same thing, is another story altogether.

And you can't really make much of an argument that this requires some kind of slavish schedule and you can't have a personal life, when it took these guilds less time to beat the expansion than they spend on a normal raid night. Heck, the guild leader for OGC was on vacation for DON launch!
  20. malaki Augur

New expansion launch days on TLP is the best part of TLP!