RoS T1 raids [Seal of Charassis]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blitter, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Is the gear better? Then that is all the incentive that is required. Players who buy ROS still have access to all the group content that is available plus levels and AAs. For most players that is enough.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

We host casual open raids as well as our normal raid team. We understand how flags work (or don't work with a constant rotating cast of raiders)
  3. Xnao Augur

Lrn2 multi quote.

Where is reval when a casual needs teaching.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Them opening T1 raids was imo a good move.
    Them changing events to make them "easier" wouldn't be - again imo.
    Them not making the events harder over time as they use to do is what's needed instead imo.

One raid usually is easier to beat by a certain outfit than another - and there's 3opportunities now in RoS, compared to just 2 in EoK.
    An improvement imo.
    As are the backflags, if they remain the way we're being told above they are.

Raid-wise i think we're set, except for the tuning still to be done and of course the server/chat-lag that needs to be fixed for a proper "progression race".
  5. Inca Lorekeeper

Khatt's response was the only response necessary in this whole thread.

Real raiders raid...and then eventually win. It is not for everybody. Many can't hack it and will only exist as group players in group content.

Real raiders will have beat EoK already or are close to it. In that way, those that really want to raid will not be affected by these prelims to getting into RoS raids.

It is those people that just want an easy ride and free stuff that will complain about the prelims.
    Genoane and Xnao like this.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Except this isn't real life. It is a game that people pay for and in my opinion would have been a bad business decision to totally cut out every bit of raiding to those that are paying. It makes no sense to put the company in a position to lose sales because it might hurt the feelings of people that think others don't "deserve" to be raiding in ROS.
  7. Bobsmith Augur

So now this IS the "it's too hard thread" /sigh
    Thrillho likes this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is?
  9. Cleaver Augur

At what point does the content become too easy that they lose players because of that ?
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

at the point where they open tier 1 raids and tune them for people who couldn't even beat the previous (read: easier) content.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Except that everything I have read so far, it hasn't been tuned to be easier than previous content.
  12. Derd Augur

While we haven't beat many raids in eok, we do beat the ones we can. And we try others as we can. According to some of the elitist crowd we probably shouldn't have even been able to try till we beat last expansion. It must really do something painful to them that our little guild has beaten everything they have except 5 raids. I truly apologize that our successes harm your ability to be so superior. As an aside I'd like to praise the members and leaders one of the top guilds on our server for helping us with strats, helping us with your alts and even mains when possible, helping flag and get the blockers for some of our members and mostly for not being like some of the posters here.
  13. Xnao Augur

10 half guilds who cannot beak EoK, conservatively we can say 40 "raiders" each.

40 "raiders" times 10 guilds, 400 players who may not be able to "raid" RoS.

400 times 30 is $12,000.

So they could have potentially lost $12,000 if all the half guild "raiders" quit because they could not raid RoS.

Provided all 400 had temper tantrums, did not join real guilds and were not too addicted to keep playing.

I would guess maybe 100-200 "raiders" would have actually quit. $6000 is a drop in the bucket to a corporation that has an annual revenue of 90 million.

That "bad business decision" could have cost them one intern's salary. They would probably not even call it a bad business decision. The change was most likely made because of developers taking pity.

Just sayin.
  14. Blitter Elder

Lol, you sound like you are freaking out that casuals now have an opportunity to raid RoS.

Your comments are some of the funniest I've seen. Half raid guilds now with 40 raiders (?? how does that work?). So according to you, you are scared that these half raid guilds are going to beat the RoS T1 events and get some of the candy.
    What you say doesn't make any sense.
  15. Derd Augur

Except xnao once again it shows the end game member doesnt understand what guilds like ours works with. Over our last 3 raid nights we had 66 mains not 40 and none of us threatened to quit over this. We just wanted something that kept the game the same as its been. New expansion new reason to do progression and try new raids.
  16. Reval Augur

Xnao, my esteemed rival! I think we just have differing viewpoints on this situation.

In reality if 400 accounts quit, due to monthly subs, probably more like 60k a year that they got from your grim estimates by flipping a single bit. That's assuming none bought the bigger expacs, etc.. etc.. But I think that view misses the bigger picture.

You can't put a price tag on interest. It's shortsighted to do so.

Imagine if there were 2x the people playing eq and 2x the accounts. Think of the money that would bring in. I haven't mentioned this enough, but if they found some way to really advertise, that's the sort of thing that could happen. But they don't really.

Now imagine that only half the people playing eq were playing. 0.5x the accounts. If there were originally 100 people playing, you need another 100 to make your situation twice as good. But you only need to lose 50 to make your situation twice as bad. That's a reason you may agree with on why these guys are important. I try to treat them with respect because I've seen firsthand people that are not in guilds that are beating everything that are great people, add to the game with their presence, and seemed like pillars of their community within the game. I don't want those guys to have a bad time, I'd rather that they have a good time. It feels in these posts like the dynamic you guys view this as is a teeter totter, where only one side can win, but as I've illustrated over and over that's just not true.

I think at this point that they should add in time trials to raids, so that people that are in what is currently the higher tier are challenged. You know the interesting thing about time trials, you could probably add in 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 time trials per raid. Some guilds would be at the 3 mark, some guilds could be at the 4 mark. Maybe no guild has gotten to 5 yet. You can make it so that every single guild has a challenge, and if the rewards are good, they'll be going for that pretty hard. This is a simple, easy, obvious, stupidly obvious, unbelievably obvious, most obvious thing in the entire world, just obvious thing that could be done to satisfy people at the higher end to some degree. Their satisfaction shouldn't be "haha you didn't get to play the game". Talk about eating the hand that feeds you =P. Their satisfaction should be from their own achievements. It's not hard to add those in. I'm just sayin...
  17. Millianna Augur

DBG didn’t shoot them selves in foot with RoS - they strapped dynamite to their foot and lit the fuse. Good luck with next years pre orders.
  18. Bahdah Augur

This expansion is fun - Bye Felicia
    Bobsmith, Veloce and Warpeace like this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Some misconceptions have arose in this thread. My opinions to try and refute these misconceptions are...

1. High end guilds are concerned about their members and making sure their members are contributing to the success of their guild.

2. High end guilds are concerned about their direct competition to see who finishes raid content first (i.e. who wins the race)

3. High end guilds are concerned about raids being challenging, hard, and able to give a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when the raid is defeated.

It is one thing for ROS T1 raids to be opened up to everyone. It is another thing all together when, two weeks into the expansion, cries of "ROS T1 RAIDS ARE TOO HARD!!!" are commonplace and then a developer makes the raids easier, thus going against #3 above.

To me, as I have said before, the issue is that people want everything in the game. Unfortunately for a game like this, not everyone can have everything they want. And while some accept that, others are unhappy and upset and want to complain to change the game so that they can get everything they want. Which makes it unhappy for others, and starts a downhill snowball affect...
  20. Bahdah Augur

I think what he means is that now that RoS t1 is open to any guild, will we hear its too hard, and asked to tune it down MORE than it has been?
    Bobsmith and Cicelee like this.