What are the worse alternate abilities?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

... to being the best AA in the game like Act of Valor is, naturally.
    Sheex likes this.
  2. Numiko Augur

with everyone running around with nothing but 100% WR bags now Packrat is pretty useless.
  3. Kyzvs Augur

Serisouly, no-one is mentioning Bandage Wounds? :p
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. moogs Augur

Shared Camouflage. I have rank 1/2.

The in-game description does not mention any benefits for purchasing a second rank, so I never have. What will I get for those 12 points?
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

This thread should really be the second worst AA, since obviously nothing can be worse than act of valor by a long shot (hint - it auto kills you)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. mackal Augur

That's why it's getting an upgrade!
  8. fransisco Augur

I wonder if its getting an upgrade cause its not used. Are they trying to trick more paladins into pushing it?
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I see you do not understand the freedom and liberty Act of Valor grants you by allowing you to kill yourself at any time for any reason.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Not sure if this is the worst or not, but I can say it should make the top five at worst...

When Empires of Kunark was released a year ago, magicians received 44 ranks of endurance regeneration. Because, you know, reasons...
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Dude, you can JUMP MOAR!!! :p
  12. fransisco Augur

except it doesn't increase endurance regen, it increases the amount of endurance regen your gear can give you (for all that end regen on caster gear....) lol
  13. Vlerg Augur

What about the class with the largest amount of useless AA?

Wizards have a large amount of threat-reduction AA that appear to have been abandonned years ago, yet still get upgrades every now and then just because (dimensional shield, instability...)

Mana burn was abonned at lvl 70, saw a rebirth for TBM and appear to be slowly getting neglected again.

Call of xuzl?

I'm still not sure what the higher level of abscond do

Nexus gate?

Either mass teleport to bind or mass teleport to anchor or mass teleport to secondary anchor... I mean, odds are these bind point 1 zone away from eachother.

Secondary forte?

and of course all the focus AA for spell we never use.
  14. kizant Augur

Dimensional shield can save your life and it's fun! Instability is bad though. That's a candidate for most useless for sure.

Mana burn is now pretty good and was updated in RoS.

Everyone gets a useless AA swarm pet. Although, the wizard version actually procs a nice effect if you're lucky enough to be casting the right spell when it goes off.

Abscond I has a 3.5 second cast time and Abscond II has 1.5 second. It's so you can escape faster...

We got it when Nexus was useful. That doesn't make it bad now. Plus Nexus gate is good in emergencies when stein/evac are down.

Secondary forte lets you specialize in a second skill. So if you like reduced mana cost on some spells it's not the worst thing in the world.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its a great ability, but the mana-cost is in the high end, I think being able to cast lesser versions would be great for lesser geared wizards.
    I know some wizards who avoids manaburn simply because of the high mana-cost, even though it is mana-efficient(when it gives full damage, counter-effect included)...they just don't have the mana for it. Not sure how to handle it though, a separate hotkey for each rank?
  16. Vlerg Augur

Yes, mana burn saw a rebirth in TBM but used to be totally useless from... Secret of faydwer up to TDS? (assuming it was even used after the luclin nerf).

I know what secondary forte allow me... it just that slightly reducing the mana cost of my runes (about the only spell we cast that's not evocation -> our primary forte) got to be pretty low on the AA list.

Dimensionnal shield...If, after silent casting, hole in space, mind crash and concussive intuition I still have aggro issues, it's probably because the tanks are dead... at which point dimensional shield/instability/arcane whisper won't really help...

Do the swarm pet AA need to actually hit the target in order to proc the buff? I'll have to retest it, but from memory the wizard pet swarm AA where so weak they couldn't actually hit even-con mob (keep missing over and over).

Nexus gate... One of the several line of AA that were usefull 15 years ago but lost relevance today. Well, If you really need a group-evac twice within 10 minute it's usefull I guess.
  17. kizant Augur

It would be nice to have options with that. They managed to have an on/off toggle for some abilities. It might not be too bad to have a toggle between 3 or more states. Maybe if there's a few abilities that would benefit they'd look at it some time.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I use Dimensional shield when AoE'ing a stun bubble(sarnaks in lcea-raid), it keeps me alive at the cost of loosing my aim. It has its uses, against mobs that oneshots you...very situational though...

Nexus-gate is self-only, so it does not really replace group-evac(unless you molo/solo), I use it when Im too cheap to buy via parcels in /baz :p
  19. Diani Augur

But, but, but...Act of Valor is so useful. Maybe we should rename it to its true name "Heal the wizard".
  20. Vanlaven Elder

Didn't read the whole thread but I'd vote Reluctant Benevolence in its current form as most useless, right up there with Hcharisma