EQ UI

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danladil, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Danladil Elder

Just wondering if you could change a UI window in EQ which would you change and answer these questions-
    Why-
    What Change-
    How would you want it-
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The identify window for items:

Show how much plat it sells for, and how much tribute it's worth.

The identify window for spells:

Lots more info, it hardly shows anything.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This was me, trying to help my son play the game. When he was solo it wasn't so bad, but when trying to group with friends I found there were many things I had to adjust and configure to make it work. Like he couldn't read group chat because it scrolled by too fast. Setting up multiple chat windows and filtering everything takes a while.
  4. smash Augur

My first wish would be to change the EQ button thing, which has the markedsplace thing in, as it is only in way, and having it there, does not make me buy anything, quite the opposite (As I am a grumpy middle age man)
    Second wish would be the Player information, so it would include mana/endurance, hps in numbers, resists, ac/atk

Third would be the ability of seperating the spell bar into 2-4 seperate Windows, so can have spell 1-4 on left bottom side of screen, 5-8 on right bottomg and so on. Would better give me way to set up my screen.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

There are plenty of custom UI setups available, visit EQInterface. It would be nice if EQ came with extra UI options included, but there are some legal issues. The artwork and layout of more successful UIs is their creator's IP, and raises questions of royalties and support.
  6. Caell Augur

Still no reason for the default UI layout to be such a jumbled mess on a user's first login. It's seriously shameful. The default UI could be arranged and setup much better than it is.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. smash Augur

Beside, if able to use the standard UI, there should not be any problems having one that suddenly is bugged.
  8. Scorrpio Augur

Agreed. A better default layout can go a long way. I personally like Drakah Krome integrated UI, though I lay it out a bit different.
    [IMG]
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Raccoo Augur

I'd like to have a miniature map that always shows, in the corner of my screen, showing what is near me (so I can see if group members are within range really). And still be able to bring up the big map to see the full zone when traveling around.
  10. moogs Augur

I would like to have a popup box inform players that they have been invited to join a group. So much time wasted because "Sorry, I didn't see the invite." Something like the Raid invite confirmation would work. Right now there is an easily missed switch from Invite to Follow button in the group window and maybe a text notification that can easily be lost in battle spam. I don't need this because I know what I'm doing, so I would disable it, but it's frustrating dealing with new players and people who are just unable to process very much information at once. If it has an audio alert, that's even better.
    Zardifo Stonefist, Metanis and Fanra like this.
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I would add into this that if you invite Randomnoob_02 and he has his merc out, the merc gets suspended if there isnt room to join. Or in the popup window it says to stow the merc.
    moogs likes this.
  12. moogs Augur

While we're at it, an animated guide called "The Lost Art of /LFG" autolaunching at the beginning of every single play session until people get the point would be great. "I spammed general chat 54x in a row but nobody invited me so I'm quitting this effing game" should be a thing of the past.
  13. moogs Augur

Same for raid and expedition invites, if this is not already the case. Auto-suspending mercs is so much better than having to ask the raid leader to send another invitation. (I'm guilty of this.) I don't know if this is implemented already; I am not playing EQ at the moment due to time constraints. I do know that auto-suspending mercenaries is already supported because this happens when zoning into certain areas.