Pretty much a new player...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by RavPreach, Dec 4, 2017.

1. RavPreach New Member

Hey all,

So it has been 14 years since I played EQ, I stopped playing when SWG came out and have been playing WoW since 2005. Recently I have been hit with the nostalgia bug and have been looking into possibly spending some time in Norrath. I know loads has changed, and I can't imagine it is nearly the same game that I left.

I have been looking at possible playing on Agnar or one of the other time locked servers. Is this a good option for a player returning after 14 years away.

Also how is the community? Is it easy to find groups and such, make in-game friends and join a guild. Or will I have to try and convince my friends they should try playing? None of my IRL friends have ever played EQ.

Thanks guys!
  2. moogs Augur

Welcome back.

Try to get your old account restored if you have not already. A TLP server is going to offer an experience that is more like what you remember. The leveling progress is normal (slow) and you have to rely on grouping to make progress. You'll have to drag corpses when you die, that sort of thing.

The normal servers allow you to just log in and play even if you don't want to commit to paying a subscription. You would have access to all of the quality of life improvements and hundreds of zones. Leveling progress is extremely fast and you can use mercenaries to help you solo when you can't find a group. For a low level player it is a lonely experience if you do not hook up with likeminded folks (some can surely be found right here on this forum), but you won't be low level for very long.

The community is mature and welcoming to new and returning players provided they do their part to fit in.
  3. Yruc Augur

Welcome back. As moogs said, try and get your old account back if you can, the rewards will be worth it.

Liver servers - from 1-85 will be on your own for the most part. You might find someone leveling an alt or a guild that will help new and returning players but since the majority of the population are at max level very little low level action going on.

Agnarr - this is the newest TLP server. Currently high population, groups available at all levels - Sever will only advance to LDoN expansion and then no longer unlock any other expansions. Currently in the Velious expansion.

Phinigel - 2nd newest TLP server - Currently high population, groups available at most levels, getting a little harder to find groups for the low levels but they can still be had. Server will advance through all expansions and is currently on Omens of War
  4. Yruc Augur

Welcome back. As moogs said, try and get your old account back if you can, the rewards will be worth it.

Liver servers - from 1-85 will be on your own for the most part. You might find someone leveling an alt or a guild that will help new and returning players but since the majority of the population are at max level very little low level action going on.

Agnarr - this is the newest TLP server. Currently high population, groups available at all levels - Sever will only advance to LDoN expansion and then no longer unlock any other expansions. Currently in the Velious expansion.

Phinigel - 2nd newest TLP server - Currently high population, groups available at most levels, getting a little harder to find groups for the low levels but they can still be had. Server will advance through all expansions and is currently on Omens of War
  5. Eldrian Augur

The other options for TLP servers that always fail to get mentioned are Lockjaw and Ragefire. Both are currently in LDoN looking to unlock Gates in January. The populations are lower but the communities are better for it. New players are welcomed and will be very easy to find a guild to help get you caught up to current.