Frostfell quest - saving Santugg

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Malbro Augur

Is this quest broken? I've laid waist to Everfrost and Permafrost and no gifts have dropped. Add Blackburrow to the list.
    Cazmac likes this.
  2. Trilo New Member

I have experienced the same problem.
    Two days I've erased mobs from existence, without and gifts dropping.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Same thing happened to me last night. Decimated EF, PF and BB and no presents dropped. Tried respawns too thinking mobs may have had to repop to get the gifts and no dice.
  4. Dervanx New Member

Same problem
  5. Horyuken Augur

Sheex did you visit Halas while you where up north? I hear it's great this time of year.
    Cazmac likes this.
  6. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I have killed thousands in Everfrost, Blackburrow, and Permafrost. The Gifts are NOT dropping at all.
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Prathun Developer

Verified. Looking into a fix for this.
    Cazmac likes this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Thank you Prathun.
  9. Prathun Developer

I believe this is fixed internally.
    The drops were scripted to be seeded on NPC death in these zones and the script was looking for a server variable that indicates when Frostfell is active, but this won't work anymore because of the way Frostfell was revamped. I've moved the drop functionality to global loot which checks for the event running. This change addressed the problems with the gift drops in Blackburrow, Everfrost, and Permafrost for the Saving Santug quest as well as the fireworks for the Fireworks quests.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sheex like this.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Frostfell is saved!
  11. Brohg Augur

Next up, the mission with the bacon recipe?
    Cazmac and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Arendarr New Member

I'm still not getting the mobs to drop any gifts. My wife and I have laid waste to Blackburrow, Everfrost and Permafrost to no avail!
    Cazmac likes this.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I think Prathun was saying he thinks it was fixed internally, which means on Daybreak's private testing server. He is still testing the fix and he did not say when it will go to the live servers.

Since he last posted at 6:20pm his time, we don't know if he is staying even later at work or if he has to go home to sleep and come back tomorrow. I do expect all the Devs have been working long hours to prepare Ring of Scale for release.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cazmac like this.
  14. Cazmac Augur

Me too! Fed up!
  15. Cazmac Augur

Perhaps it was not very clever timing, having the new expansion looming, at the same time as the Frostfell quests?

By the way, Fanra, I LOVE your little EQ Wiki about Druids! :)
    Fanra likes this.
  16. Cazmac Augur

Blow RoS, I want my Santug! :D
  17. Bloodmoons New Member

18. Goodn Augur

Bloodmoons and Fanra like this.
  19. Malbro Augur

Yep, gifts still not dropping.
  20. Bloodmoons New Member

Thank you Goodn

guess I needed to read all of it..

Thanks