Bypassing Security Lock - Ban

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cstoner187, Nov 29, 2017.

1. oldandnasty Augur

I feel bad for the 1 person, customer service dept., who handles CS for all DB games.
  2. Blackburrow23 Elder

Don't feel bad for Remdawg or what ever it is. He is a terrible customer service rep. Everquest has Customer Police Reps who only enforce rules but don't provide any support.
  3. moogs Augur

I don't. The policies are stupid. If you are not trusted to use your brain at your job, you should find a new one.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No that is not what I am saying. Anything you use to cheat with is against the EULA.
  5. phaeril Augur

That's an awful lot of faith you're putting in their automated systems.

I got my accounts all sorted out over the weekend. Given that the accounts have always been mine and I've never cheated or bought/sold accounts it took all of about an hour to have the accounts back once they responded to the ticket. Three of the four people I know that were hit with this have had all their accounts restored already, and it's been the same thing for all of them. One or more accounts were flagged as suspicious but they never put 2FA on the account because they never needed to make changes to them (what with being the original owners with no intention of trying to sell) and thought nothing of it. Once they had put in a petition, they unlocked the account enough to put 2FA on and then unbanned the account from EQ.

Sometimes people are just being honest. This was a stupid situation where people were banned for either not knowing they had to put 2FA on, or not realizing that it actually mattered since they never had to make account changes. Who knows exactly what triggered "suspicious" as they never comment on that? One person here mentioned using a VPN, one of my friends had definitely played the flagged account while travelling over the summer, my guess is that people just petitioned me. Boxing on agnarr really gets people's rage all inflamed and everyone assumes you cheat (even in a thread with people commenting on what happened and daybreak's response you jumped to that) but it's all good.

My whole objection isn't that I have to have 2FA on my account, it's that their only attempt at communicating that to me was to ban accounts that didn't do it. The customer service people that handled my ticket were polite and quick about it once it started getting handled, would have been nice to have it handled like that 6 months ago instead of out of the blue being banned on a Friday afternoon and having to wait a week for all the H1Z1 hacker tickets to make their way through the queue to get my accounts back.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

You could be right, I am possibly just jaded due to all the cheating I do see.

I am glad you got it sorted out.
    svann likes this.
  7. Thomasofold Elder

I thought angar was one of ther servers you are NOT allowed to box on?
  8. mackal Augur

You're allowed to box on truebox servers, you just need multiple computers to box.
  9. Thomasofold Elder

That seems weird. So poor people cant box and rich people can?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. moogs Augur

The intent is that they do not want you to multibox on the server at all, but they also do not want to stop players behind the same router - such as a family in a single house - from playing together.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

You don't have to be rich. A $150 used laptop will run EQ just fine.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

or just play on normal servers and box your little heart out on one computer.