Veeshan's Peak 3.0?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smak, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Smak Augur

If Phara Dar is returning in the new expansion does that mean a new Veeshan's Peak as well?

I had an idea for an artifact item(s) that could coincide with the new expansion, if each dragon in the new VP dropped an artifact item that allowed a player to turn them self into a dragon of the appearance of what dragon dropped it, and allowed that players group members to ride this dragon you become as a true flying mount, it would be cool.

But those artifacts should only drop once, in the first instance created of the new VP, and failing to clear it the first try would result in zero artifact drops for that server. What do you think?

Would it be too game breaking to have half a dozen or so dragon players flying their group anywhere in any zone on each server?

What are your random thoughts?
  2. Vlerg Augur

Flying isn't implemented in EQ (lceanium have a fixed, unchanging path...)
    Turning into a mount and allowing (multiple) people to ride on you isn't implemented in EQ
    Having to retexture all the zone to be 3D compatible isn't happening...
    Unique item that only drop once hasn't been in the spirit of the game since.... Kunark release?

overall... poorly tougth suggestion.
  3. Smak Augur

To have group members ride you as a mount, they would just have to despawn and respawn when you dismounted. no need to see them riding it. 3d movement has been in since kedge zone, original eq. So having the ability to move up down or any direction is possible, it would just be at a faster rate than 100 swim skill lets you move in kedge keep.

Mounts have been in since 3rd expansion, we are about 24 expansions in, and dragons have been in the game since original eq, so I think this would be in the spirit of the game...
  4. Heile Lorekeeper

Umm, yea that wording is just......i have no words
  5. Goodn Augur

I like ideas...

...but given the limited amount of time the Devs have to work on the game currently and the number of issues that need to be worked on, I'd prefer that the focus be on other things...especially when only the top 1-2 guilds on each server would even get a chance to get your items (not to mention the issues with implementing new effect/thingies/etc).

Except for very esoteric things like titles for server first, items implemented in game need the chance to be obtainable by all.

If something (scaled back...like just a VP dragon illusion clicky that might go through all the big ones) was given for the achievement of killing all the dragons in the new VP, that might be nice.
  6. Smak Augur

Nerfs are happening faster than time moves forwards, it doesn't even exist yet, or ever likely. Its fun to think about is all...

what if my suggestion was implemented fully. Yet each artifact had a lifespan of only 7 days /played? Then after a month of casual playing the item would poof, or become unclickable. Yet its not as if a raider(s) that achieved this feat would be a casual player at all, it could poof in just 1 or 2 weeks as /played on that character advanced.

Ps: return unholy aura disc to its original harm touch damage boosting state!

PPS: Give sks necro essence emerald type spells, its been... almost 60 levels now that sk are behind the necro on this power?