Warning, DON'T CHANGE ANY ACCOUNT INFO or you will get BANNED

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by OGRanger, Dec 1, 2017.

1. OGRanger New Member

This is just a warning, apparently if you change email or password on an account there is a HIGH chance you will be banned.

I moved from another state a few months ago and separated from my psychotic wife. Once I got to my new state to live with my brother for a little while I changed the info on everything I had including everquest stuff because my ex is very vindictive.

A GM is now telling me that my accounts "changed hands" and they banned them and wont un ban them because this information changed.

Thanks a lot guys, really needed this added onto my plate right now.

Let this be a warning to others.
    Cazmac likes this.
  2. Geroblue Augur

I moved 3 years ago and that didn't happen to me. Have you gone through tech support ? You will need to coonvince them its you on the account. CD/DVD license key, last address, last email address, credit/debit numbers, etc. card
  3. Thomasofold Elder

That seems unusual. Why didnt you just change the email password and then the everquest password?

I would submit a ticket maybe. And be clear that its your account and always has been that you simply had to change emails.
  4. svann Augur

1. A single incident is not enough for you to claim there is a HIGH chance of it happening.
    2. Could this have had something to do with your ex? Was the account being paid on a CC with her name on it maybe? If she has the cc she could have called support and claimed she got hacked and they would help her recover the account.
  5. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Thank your ex, she probably already took care of this for you.
  6. Donutsz12 Elder

actually he is right.... Sorry to say.

I changed my email because I changed ISP because I moved. Comcast to a gmail because I got tired of switching email accounts when I moved and ISP was no longer there. Next day it was banned.

I put in a petition for it and they told me it was banned due to changing hands and that was a final decision. Never shared my account with anyone and all I did was change my email because I moved. I followed up with another petition because they closed it and they said after reviewing the account and notes the decision was final and they were not going to reverse it and gave me the TOS about account sharing.
  7. Nightmares Augur

Did all the info on your account change? I mean just Email change? or did you also change CC info, password, etc.?
    Changing your email while keeping your CC info and password intact shouldn't cause this. I would think if everything was changed at once it would look suspicious to them and as a result this could happen.
    Personally I would contact CS via petition before doing any changes and inform them you would like to, and the reason why. If divorce and all that(even though they as a company shouldn't require that evidence) offer to furbish proof of your statements, all prior CC numbers, addresses and whatnot. Overkill I know, but it's a way to protect yourself from this happening. These days they seem to really be cracking down on account sharing, stealing, and anything else against their EULA. So take the time to review everything, contact them and give them advanced notice. See what they say, They might be able to inform you in advance of any particular procedure you might need to follow with them as a precautionary measure to avoid misunderstandings.

And just as a side note I would ask the GMs to reply to this thread and give us a heads up if any such procedures or restrictions are in play that we should be aware of so no one else has this happen to them.
    There are many reasons why an Email address may need to be changed, or want to be changed by the owner of the account. and Honestly there should be a way for the customer / or the company to contact each other in regards to this. People change their phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses and Credit card companies for accounts other than in EQ all the time and for many reasons. And in the great majority of these cases, they are fully legitimate reasons, and no " changing hands" of accounts are going on.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmmm yesterday in forum about some random accounts getting banned OGRANGER writes:
    "I use gift cards for all my online purchases with made up information to prevent companies like daybreak from exposing my information to others. "

So as customer service is working on correcting these random bans that happened over the last week - which even Roxxly says they are not sure why some accounts got banned and others did not - they come up to your account and your 3 day old petition and notice all this made up info does not match this:

"Once I got to my new state to live with my brother for a little while I changed the info on everything I had including everquest stuff because my ex is very vindictive."

Makes you wonder.
    Miss_Jackie and Ghubuk like this.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

It's no wonder that many of us see these posts and have a hard time swallowing the story.
  10. Donutsz12 Elder

I only changed the email. Everything else stayed the same. CC was still valid, still had 6 months of the year membership on the account, Phone number was added for 2fa. after 3 weeks of a petition I gave up. This game is not worth the hassle if staff decides to yank an account from someone with no shear evidence that there was wrong doing.

With everything going on with the 2fa it just shocks me that there is no manager verification before banning an account.
  11. Thomasofold Elder

I agree, stuff like this makes me nervous. Im going to read their rules a little better lol.
    ----
    Where might I find all the rules? had a quick look and couldnt find them
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service
    Keep in mind that most of the time its just common sense in how you play the game and very few people get banned due to totally innocent reasons. Although it could happen it seems there is always an under story that is not told in the forums.
  13. Thomasofold Elder

I didnt know you werent allowed to play everquest on personal servers or anything. I thought I have heard people talking about doing that though?

I also found the rule they are accussing OP of breaking allthough it doesnt go into much details and doesnt help OP.
    "7 Rules of conduct (7.1)
    • Attempt to disable or circumvent any measures that we use to prevent or restrict access to our accounts, servers, databases, data, computers, and networks."
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah prob playing on a VPN that EQ knows about and is sniffing out.