Upcoming Surgery - need easy stuff to do

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kinadafz, Nov 27, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

I have a shoulder surgery coming up, so playing will be difficult while in a restrictive sling. However, I want to do some "boring" stuff while i'm in the sling like long camps, epics, etc.

What are some good things to do that I can do with one arm? And, it's the bad arm, not the dominant one. I have the following characters to do stuff for (all part of my box team in one way or another and lvl 105, bard is 103):
    Ranger
    War
    Monk
    Shaman
    Bezerker
    Bard
    Mag

I have the following epics done:
    2.0: Monk
    1.0: War, Shaman

What I'm thinking about some camps / things to do are the following:
    1) Finish Shaman 2.0 first, then the rest as I feel like it
    2) Camp a summon throwing item pouch for war fro Hildon Something in SSRA (monk has it already)
    3) I am now flagged for the Beltron raid event. I may try to box that for the overhaste item. If it is too hard, OMM should be easy while semi-crippled.
    4) maybe some hunter achievements? What give good rewards?

Any ideas are welcome and thanks!
  2. Thrillho Augur

• Shaman and Bard 2.0 for sure. Both are staples for melee groups.
    • Hunters all give bags. The higher in expansions you go the higher capacity the bag is. The triple Heart of Fear gives you a very nice Vault bag for your house / plot, if you need extra storage space. The EoK hunter gives you Heroic AAs, but I don't think those are on the easy side of one-armed things to do.
    • Tradeskills / Artisan's Prize / Shawl 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
    • DA clicky items
    • Grinding out EoK HAs for type 5 augs (again, not on the easier side of one-armed things to do)
  3. kinadafz Augur

I have my bard 2.0, I forgot to mention hat.

The shawl and Artisan's Prize are good ones to add to the list for sure!
  4. Thrillho Augur

• Anguish BP (monk one has a dispel click, not sure about the other classes)
    • Symphony of Battle click for bard (I think that's what it's called. Symphony of Destruction sounds right too, but that might be because it's a song by Megadeth)
    • Megadeath / other achievements for Slayer / Banestrike
    • Powersource farming in TDS (Combine = tank PS, Thuliasaur = melee, Degmar = caster, Caverns = healer)
    • PoWar stuff (progression, dodge aug, CoP4 click)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. DaciksBB Augur

You can also get 2 more dispel tunics for your monk. One is the Solteris chest by doing all of the Solteris raids and buying it (shares timer with modern chests though, only really use it in places like PoWar or when fighting sarnaks) and the T2 TSS group tunic. That last one has a weaker and has a longer cast/refresh than the others, but it doesn't share timers with anything. Until you get a better overhaste item (10+%), you can easily buy an 8% one from the TWK vendor.

And yes, it's Symphony of Battle, you can get one from Tacvi or PoTime. The Tacvi one seems to have a better drop rate
  6. Tucoh Augur

I don't have a recommendation on what to do, but I do have a recommendation of how to do it.

Check out the Logitech G600:
    https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Backlit-Programmable-Buttons/dp/B0086UK7IQ

It's got buttons for days. Including the G-Shift feature it's got like 40 buttons you can hit with your right hand. You could use it to cast all your spells, WASD movement, target any group member, activate a handful of hotbuttons etc.
  7. Roxxlyy Augur

I'll let everyone else do the recommending here, but I did want to take a moment to wish you the smoothest of operations and a speedy recovery!
  8. fransisco Augur

Are there some fun titles to earn? The sort of stuff that doesn't give power, but makes your toons funner?
  9. kinadafz Augur

Thanks for the recommendations, lots of great stuff!

I have Anguish BP's on most all toons, but I need to farm faction to be able to actually get them. That should be easy, so great recommendation!

I have 8% overhaste on all toons, so farming OMM and Beltron would be my next step for the 10 and 12% ones, which I do plan on doing. Thanks!

PoWar will be too difficult with one hand I'm sure, but it is on my to do list for sure.

I have al alerian tear, I could painfully try to work on that.

Thanks for the recommendation on the mouse. But, it is my right shoulder with the tear, not my left. So, I will be using my non dominant hand on a mouse with many buttons - I can just smell disaster there. But, I have a Corsair macro'd keyboard which I can utilize even more, i'll play around with some ideas there, thanks! On a side note, is there a command to target the next mob on the agro list? I can just hit a one button attack on my warrior instead of mousing over the list, selecting the name, then hitting attack, or f8 then attack. One button doing both would be ideal.

Powersource farming, great idea, easy to do.

Bard BP, awesome idea, i'll see how that goes boxing that raid. It seemed difficult at lvl 90 or so, but I was new to my box crew then and I've never done Tacvi before. PoTime I can always do I'm sure.

Thanks for the best wishes Roxxlyy!
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  10. Moosetache New Member

I did all of this with one hand earlier this year. Had a broken hand.

Farm clickies in TDS. Violet Conch of the Tempest drops off nameds in Tempest Temple. Overflowing Urn of Life drops off nameds in Katta Castrum: Deluge.

Do the progression up to Caverns of Endless Song and run the HAs for Pieces of Eight for the nice augs in Caverns.

Do the Gribble HA for Blood Drinker's Coating.

Get your box group keyed up for Plane of War and farm Sigil of Thokk, Stones of Judgement, and Rage of Rolfron. Only Rolfron Zek is hard to do.

Do LDoN runs for type 3 augs like Cold Slimestone of Fury.

Do the progression for SoD for Citadel of the Worldslayer. Do the first 4-5 events. Plenty of chances for Circle buffs and Ancient Memories 2-3 items.

Good luck and get well soon.
  11. Grove Augur

Develop shroud progression.
  12. Nniki Augur

Under Options > Keys > Target, there is a Cycle through Extended Targets and Cycle through nearest NPCs that you can set.
    Gyurika Godofwar and moogs like this.
  13. kinadafz Augur

Thanks everyone. Surgery went well and I’m better off then expected. I figured out parading and am working on shaman 1.5 now.
    moogs, Yinla, Sumonerr_Tunare and 2 others like this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Glad you're doing well :)
  15. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Glad your surgery went well!
  16. kinadafz Augur

Thanks! And parading = parsing lol. First day my entire arm was numb, left hand typing is difficult .
  17. Aurastrider Augur

Start gathering the mats for your Artisan's prize if you don't already have it. Tons and tons of foraging to be done and mindless farming of old content that you could easily do with one hand. Some fishing to be done also. I dusted off my ranger and put my sk on the bench for this one. I am about 100 hours into the farming of mats for 5 toons and still have a couple more items I need to go and farm before I start doing the combines. Even if you just put a forager on one of your accounts in a zone and click over every couple mins to forage it will lessen the burden once you are all healed up.

Explorer achievements should also be pretty easy.

Slayer achievements should be fairly easy also if you stick to older zones where reaction time wont matter much.

Become a bazaar rock star buying and selling crap.

Decorate a house or two.

Hero's journey achievements

Camping illusion clickies or doing illusion clickie quests

Try to get the invulnerable clickie
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Beltron isn't really hard just time consuming since only the debuff proc hurts him. As far as summon throwing item, you could always camp the mysterious belt of daggers. It's a lot better then the Ssra one, camp in Pillars of Alra and get a chance at the belt and Fragments for the Tear.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the clarification, I was stumped ;)