Hunter Achievements: SoV, SoL, PoP, LoY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoldenFrog, Jun 22, 2017.

1. GoldenFrog Augur

Lost track of exact start time - as different characters have filled in the role. but just about ending 3rd week straight now. 24/7 - only the patch was uncovered time. Ow.

It'll happen.... I assume...
  2. Uuvin Augur

a destructive thought leech in The Deep. Been after it for 5 days. would anyone confirm a location for me? also The Sleepwalker in povalor - I know where it spawns, just don't know what the trigger mechanism is. Have cleared the inner cave maybe 40 times and left a toon there overnight killing for 4 nights. While you are reading, how about the meeda hune warlord and grol baku warlord in tenebrous? They have not spawned for me - all I do is kill meeda hune npcs ( there are just 2) and all the grol bakus on track. Are the phs something else?
  3. Uuvin Augur

For Queen Raltaas, you guys do know spawn pattern? There is a single ph which has a spawn timer of 30 - 37 hours. If you kill it, you need to wait that long for it to repop. you should not kill it, since any spider can despawn and respawn and that one can show up as Queen any time. I posted all my info on Queen from 2+ years ago as Shuraz on Zam http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6502 so good luck on it.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  4. Bobsmith Augur

*tips hat* hello enjo!
  5. Catty Lorekeeper

Thank you for your posts on ZAM. I did read them all but honestly not sure I understand. Like others here we have spent a lot of time after the Queen. Some of it killing all and some just sitting back and watching.

Four straight days were not killing but watching and when afk had a key clicker hitting F8 and 'C' (con) with an Audio Trigger looking for the Queen's name so if she popped we would get a loud notification.

Just over a week so far half killing and half not.
  6. Uuvin Augur

Ok. There is 1 ph for queen. It has a 30 - 37 hour repop timer from my experience. So If you kill it, you have to wait 30 - 37 hours till you get a chance for queen to spawn. Thats standard for pretty much any regular name (kill ph, wait for repop). The ph can and does despawn at random intervals if you don't kill it. and every time it repops ( approx. 4 minutes later), it can be the queen. so over a 30 hour period, it may despawn and repop 7 times ( or 4 times or 10 times). that's many more chances at queen in the same time period.
  7. Paladin Augur

A number of us on Bertox have essentially been doing these non-stop (24/7) since they came out.

We are down to just a few LDoN named to finish up.

While we may have gotten lucky on certain spawns, off the top of my head, the ones that were the most evasive for us (as in weeks to months passed) were:

Oculys
    Petrifin
    Jerg Oakenfist
    King Xorbb
    Grimtooth
    Barnacle Bones
    Spinflint
    Yymp the Infernal
    Tisella
    Dunedigger
    Old Dimshimmer
    Synger Foxfyre
    Narra Tanith
    Burynai Cutter
    Carrion Queen
    Iksar Dakoit
    Scourgetail Scoprion
    Scaled Prowler
    Vaniki
    Fungus Covered Shroom

Anyway --

While the implementation has been problematic, these old school Hunters, I think, were a fun addition to the game. Nostalgic, not hard core, guild actually helping each other across the board...

Despite the old school hunters being essentially no risk -- why don't they award anything other than Achievement Points?

These old Hunters, ARE in fact, an ACTUAL CHALLENGE to get done. You have to figure out spawn cycles (not PH's). Some are so rare you have to camp them for months! You have to complete a quest series to spawn some (i.e. Narandi). There is no XP! The drops are suck, except for the rare ones that have a level of entertainment value or a cool click effect. You have to catch targets up who have multi-day +/- respawn timers. And so forth!

Obviously, awarding a Hunters bag is not the way to go, as the bag would have to be less than the ones that come later, and would be of no desire or use.

Instead, how about this?

1 AA per Group Hunter
    5 AA per Raid Hunter
    5AA for a Group Theme Hunter (i.e. LDoN Them such as Rujarkian Hills)
    10 AA, a Title/Suffix and a Portal Click Item for Completing an Expansion (both Group & Raid)

The item?

How about a Plane of Tranquility portal (from PoP Hunter), which would be nice (it would help folks get to the Hate/Fear raids faster). Or a Dulak's Harbor click for LoY? A Katta Castellum click for SoL? And so forth. Just don't send us to zones we have clicks for all ready.
  8. GoldenFrog Augur

Don't forget that these are live on progression servers where it very much isn't grey mobs, there is XP, and the drops don't always suck.

It's actually possible that TLP servers were the reason these were even created.
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Sleepwalker was a 3 day spawn...so clearing the caves etc does nothing. However, the last patch they increased his spawn rate.. I don't know what the new rate is but I suspect it's probably something like once every 24 hours. He spawns on top of the rock in the middle of the two guards in that back cave.
  10. GoldenFrog Augur

So I'm at a bit of a loss - the new (last patch) mob "a burdened bloodtusk" is failing to let me find and kill him.

Any specific sightings of him to share?

He doesn't appear to spawn or wander through the area Magelo (and Good's map with a ?) marks him at. I've cleared the northern caves of all piggies for quite some time.

Sure I'm just missing something but not sure yet what it is.
  11. menown Augur

It does roam the northern caves. However, it despawns after it gets done roaming its path. I don't think this named has a PH, which makes him tricky to find up. It is easier to just have a tracker parked in zone to find when he is up. Seems like a long time between spawns too.
  12. Siny Augur

vaniki dead 00:07 on AB just around the corner from Zlandicars lair..yay for the zone resets earlier today ! :)))
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Dolshak the Ornery cant get to pop have killed ph some 50 times now. even killed all giants in fort and nada. maybe just real bad luck? pretty lame with the slow repop time :(

Andarriel
  14. GoldenFrog Augur

I got him to pop by just killing the entire giant fort and stuff around it. I assumed there's also an X-Day Respawn timer in the mix requiring you to do it multiple times until he appears.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea I finally got him to spawn. I didn't know there was 5-6 giants outside of fort by some rocks. killing those activated a raid target inside which I killed and he spawned very quickly. I was so bored I went around the whole zone killing raid mobs and found some I couldn't target til I kill all giants in the same area and that's when I ran into some mobs by the rocks. Well least I got 2 achievement in that zone now hunter and conquerer. sucks that I did some 50 phs and all the time I needed to kill some giants outside lol.

Andarriel
  16. Morgen Elder

Does anyone know if Melalafen in WW still spawns, especially on TLP? Never see this one and seems to be a bit different than the other wandering dragons.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Melalafen should begin spawning once servers reach Luclin.
  18. Morgen Elder

Has anyone on Phinigel/Ragefire/Lockjaw actually seen Melalafen? I've checked the zone many times and he's never up.
  19. Ishtass Augur

Anyone have tips on getting Narandi? Do you have to do the whole ring quest or is there another way to get him? MM maybe or Giants Giants Giants, something?
  20. Kempel Journeyman

I had to do the whole ring quest. Wasn't bad, didn't take too long and you get other mobs on your list, but that last one was the only way I could get Narandi credit.
    Ishtass likes this.