[WIZ] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brohg Augur

Vanquisher of the Return of King Xorbb achievement to unlock Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye on the RoF Tier2 raid merchant; once unlocked, it costs 840 tier2 bits, acquired 10 at a time from each run at Evantil, Grelleth, Chapterhouse, the two Breeding Grounds events, and the three Xorbb raids for a maximum of 80/week(ish) if very dedicated. Just get that. :p
    fransisco likes this.
  2. Arkanny Augur

tought we were all under the agreement that EQ takes dedication =)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

eq does, but earning that sounds like tradeskills - which takes psychosis.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Sadly, I don't think that idea will be accepted...

They probably want something that will be easy to balance, necros got a scaleable effect on their epic2, and that didn't work out well for them...because of that, necros have very limited weapon-choices atm...
  6. Reht The Dude abides...

Just a random thought, I know spell haste is capped at 50%, but what about a click effect that makes the next X (3-4) number of spells instant cast (can cast time be completely overridden in some other fashion other than via spell haste?).
  7. Brohg Augur

That effect does not have a stable output, it is not interesting to Ngreth in this context.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

Neither is your comment. I asked about feasibility. It meets the basic requirements he set forth on the last page: it's not % based and has a "set amount of....whatever".
  9. Sancus Augur

While I think it's a cool idea, it definitely doesn't meet Ngreth's specifications. He may not have laid them out clearly, but he wants an exact damage amount rather than something that varies or scales. Having no cast time absolutely varies/scales, since the net damage is based on the spells you cast, abilities you have running, etc, etc. He literally wants the clicks to do exactly X damage (e.g. the current 240k flat damage) every time you click it.

No idea if it's possible with code, but if it was it could make for a cool AA.
    Brohg likes this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No. This idea gets brought up again and again and again. This type of effect doesn't exist in EQ. There is no "Make the next spell instant cast" effect in EQ.

Note that it doesn't make it a /bad/ idea, for some unspecified point in the future. I am only saying that it doesn't currently exist now so they can't do it. After all, Twincast didn't exist in EQ until it was added in SoD.

It's a code thing, not a design thing. They have to add it to the game before it can be used in the game.
  11. Biltene Kingslayer

We used to get clicky nukes, and while it might be more fun to be an out of the box idea, what if we returned to that, but with some changes. Instead of making it an existing spell, make it a spell specifically designed for the robe, that way we can alter it a bit. IIRC clickies don't focus or crit, so to make this worthwhile it would have to be a substantial amount. Let's say 50k (not looking for OP, just something that we'll think is worth casting). Also, make it an instant, or .5s cast time, with somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1-5min recast. This way we could click it during the cool down when all 3 forces are down, and give us something more attractive than Banestrike.

This way it doesn't scale with level/power, it fills a niche, and it's got a bit of old timey nostalgia for clicky nukes.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

i like the twin cast but limit spells 105 and below. But only if the new expansion is going to be higher lvl spells. and EQ may never get a new level increase going forward. not enough Devs and time.
  13. Zipon New Member

For clicky, a DD/Mana back Combo maybe with a counter/timed or what we really need is to lower are cast times and make are spells almost instant or instant for a short time. Maybe mix all 3 into clicky Mana back per cast more dd per cast and lower cast times 3 in one.

For focus, lower cast times on some spells or all 1.9 cast time we can not keep up with melee at all. Triple cast proc would be nice )

Over all lower cast times on are big dd would be great.
  14. kizant Augur

This will probably come back up soon. I think our best option is to basically keep the robe as it is with a few caveats.

1. Upgrade the mana return if possible. 3k or so is probably fine. Mana has certainly become more of an issue and if you think otherwise than I'm pretty sure you're in the minority.

2. Switch the SPA on the damage focus. Personally, I'd prefer 302 even if it's nowhere near as good as 461. I say this because I have a hard time imagining that 461 isn't in for a fix/nerf at some point.

Then for reference here's Skyfire's average critical damage for a raid gear wizard, 2k spell damage, rk3 Skyfire, and using all the standard wizard/enchanter/druid abilities for ADPS. The only things I left out are chromatic haze procs and synergies and maybe a small debuff or two that I'm not thinking of. But I even included a wizard alliance, enchanter dicho, and season's wrath to cover as much as practical. Oh and of course I'm missing the type 3 damage augs since they're not on beta yet. Still, I think this is perfectly fair amount to look at.

No Focus: 941,529
    413 @ 7%: 988,223
    461 @ 5%: 986,199
    461 @ 6%: 995,133
    461 @ 7%: 1,004,067
    302 @ 7%: 978,254
    302 @ 8%: 983,503
    302 @ 9%: 988,751

Here's without the crazy amount of ADPS. Just plain raid gear.

No Focus: 344,618
    413 @ 7%: 364,406
    461 @ 5%: 361,848
    461 @ 6%: 365,295
    461 @ 7%: 368,741
    302 @ 7%: 362,800
    302 @ 8%: 365,398
    302 @ 9%: 367,991

So, 8% 302 seems sensible, 9% if we're OK with getting a small upgrade. If you go 461 then it probably should be bumped down to 5% or 6%. That's just how broken it is. And I know that you know it's not doing what it's supposed to but I never get the impression that you know just how much it's not doing what it's supposed to.

Granted, IMO Wizards got a very average increase in RoS so far and some classes have gotten pretty good increases. (yes others we dont usually compete with got some deceases so im not counting them). Although, I'll admit the increased crit rate was a surprised and does help sustained DPS a little bit. But anyway I think to keep us relevant it's fair to ask for an increase here. 10% 302 or something would be nice.
    Sancus and Brohg like this.
  15. Glooping Elder

Would that make it also stack with eyes of life and decay??? or would that still be an issue.. Because if a 302 would make the eyes stack with our robe focus I'm all for it.. Also.. What's the current robe SPA?? I never know where to find that crap out.. also.. with the mana in ROS beta being a huge issue (maybe not huge but its more noticeable than before) I'm all for a new mana clicky.. that would be awesome.. Maybe if it wasn't a higher amount of mana increase per tick.. maybe more ticks?? ie instead of 30 do like 48?
  16. kizant Augur

Yeah, 302 would stack with it. Assuming there's not some other technical reason why it couldn't be used. Sancus has brought it up before in other conversations and there always seemed like some reason why it would be a problem.

The current robe is 413. If you search for the Velazul robe on eq resource and click on the effect you'll get this page:
    https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=47238

See how it says slot 1 is the one that increases damage by 7%? Then click on 'raw data' and scroll down to spell effects. You'll see it says 413 in the slot 1 section. Relying on eqresource is probably the simplest way to get started if you want to get used to looking this stuff up. Others can probably link better threads and resources.

Generally for caster stuff as long as slots are different the same SPA will stack. And then there's the whole worn/spell/AA thing to consider. Like for SPA 124 that your sleeves use for fire focus. It's the same SPA that Improved Familiar and for Destructive Adept AA use. Even though they're all slot 1 and the same SPA they stack because they're applied differently based on whether it's a worn item, a spell, or from an AA.

The important thing with the SPAs above is that when damage is calculated applying 413 (effectiveness) is first. Then 302 is add on top of that result. Then that number is used to figure out the crit damage. That's why 413 has more of an impact than 302. I don't even want to get into 461 but hope that made some sense!
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes. We do plan to use 302. The exact numbers TBD.

The basics seem to be same robe, replace the current focus with the equivalent using 302 (Maybe all 3 (I doubt this... but will at least be current)) And up the click numbers (would have happened anyway)
    Axxius, Sancus and kizant like this.
  18. kizant Augur

Focusing all 3 ethereals would be neat but we don't use the spells equally. It's more like a 70/29/1 split and that's being generous to the other spells. So, as long as the effect isn't just cut by 1/3 it could be ok. Like it would need 65% of its strength at least.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Can we have the selrach and velazul(and maybe the hh-seb-robe) worn focus work on the level 110 fire etheral, to ease the levelling transition?

All other worn foci works on level 110 spells. :)
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for the feedback.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.