[SHD] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gr8fuldave Augur

That's why I thought it would be nice to get a temporary increase to Bash damage. Something we could pair with Unholy Guardian to increase self healing for a short time.
  2. Grissa New Member

I really like the idea of an HHE click or lower the reuse time of Lacerating Blades...

Some wild ideas...with BP clicks all being on a 10min reuses...

Bloodthirsty Thorns:
    "You sprout bloodthirsty thorns which absorb the blood of your attacker for every hit you take"
    -Increases your damage shield by 5,000 and turns yours total dmg shield amount to heal you for every hit you take for a short amount of time for "x" amount of hits and "x" amount of time. (30seconds?)

Dark Embrace: probably better off as an AA abilitiy.
    "You embrace the dark, boosting your offensive powers"
    -Decrease weapon delay by 40%, increase critical hit damage by 300% of base damage for a short amount of time. (1min?)

Dark Blades:
    "Your blades darken"
    -Decrease the reuse time of Lacerating Blades by 46 seconds for a short amount of time. (40seconds?)
    This will make Lacerating Blades down to a 2 sec reuse timer for a short time.

Dark Thoughts:
    "Your mind is filled with dark thoughts"
    -Increases the base damage of all buff proc spells by 30,000(?) for "x" amount of time while increasing your proc rate by 400% for a short amount of time (45sec?)
    -This only effects: Shroud of the Doomscale, Vizat's Horror, Mental Dread, and Touch of the Cursed
    Kravn likes this.
  3. Kravn Augur

Grissa... I think those are great ideas for SKs but not sure if any would make it to a BP click. Awesome ideas overall though... a couple of those would make great discs for us in coming expansion.

*Hint Hint*
  4. Dardo Journeyman

This is great, thank you for opening this line of communication!

>Focus Effect< I agree with the need for the current Deflection boost to remain the same. (Would love a boost to Repel, ie an additional attack. Yes, I know this is already available, but who would not want more?)

>Click Effect< The sword was useful awhile ago. It is barely worth the space on a hotkey at this point and detrimental to group/raid situations. I really enjoy the effects we are seeing on some of the EoK items. The tendon slice proc off the belt, added damage from Driven Dragon Belt, etc.
    IDEA #1 My thought is to provide an old school "Yaulp" type effect. Something with a short timespan (3-4 ticks) that dramatically increases our accuracy + melee damage + crit chance. It could be along the lines of how lacerating blades has an accuracy mod with a pre set dmg that is affected by use of discs, AAs.
    IDEA #2 One word - STUN. Add a stun (4-8 sec, suggestions?) as an effect triggered on all spear and or tap spells. Perhaps as a trigger from repel usage.... lot of options imho. I would prefer to see this as a 100% but limited to ? as opposed to a proc (reliability).

Thank you again for the thread and feedback. Keep up the great work!
  5. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

Mark of the Vampire:
    Places a debuff on the target that turns targets target melee into lifetap.
  6. Terminate Journeyman

Maybe an effect that has a chance to proc leech effects off more than your target? Possibly add counters to minimize, that lasts 45s-1min?
  7. Zarzac Augur

If it is a straight number item only.

A simple Iifetap proc for the defined amount is good for me.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Okay. Focus: Keep.
    Click:
    I like the idea of : Bloodthirsty Thorns:
    "You sprout bloodthirsty thorns which absorb the blood of your attacker for every hit you take"
    -Increases your damage shield by 5,000 and turns yours total dmg shield amount to heal you for every hit you take for a short amount of time for "x" amount of hits and "x" amount of time. (30seconds?)
    I might have to get creative to make it work. Like... instead of an actual damage shiedl, its a defensive proc that procs a Lifetap of X damage for Y counters doing a total of Z damage. Reasonably equivalent right? does 5000 damage you heal 5000 damage. Only because I'm not sure I can actually heal the damage a Damage shield does. (I could be wrong, but I don't remember anything like this)

The other ideas all have some sortof percentage effect on the amount of damage you do, through various means, so not happening.

Lifetap or DD of Bash... works

I can of, of course, simple lifetap proc. (X damage Y count for z total still) if it's preferred.
  9. Zarzac Augur

A lifetap that would proc off of a defensive check, or proc when you got hit, that lasted for X counters would be better than proc from an offensive DD or Bash.

The damage shield idea also cool, but I don't think there is a current SPA for that function.
  10. Blackburrow23 Elder

I like this idea but please really consider what you are about to create. I don't see how the changes to most shadowknight abilities (epic and such) to not allow a proc on repo hits on npcs that are not your target could happen and for the dev team to make an item that procs a heal in every incoming hit. I'd rather not have a nerf 6 months in. I dislike the sword pet... I do like the proc breastplates... Unless the proc limit is like 48 or maybe it doesn't proc on hits lower than x amount (get hit for a 2k bash? No proc). 110% I believe for better or worse that much of the SK mitigation should be lifetaps rather than straight defense. I remember my first tormax tank and was like.... How do I tank this without tapping it.
  11. Xanathol Augur

The cleric Mark line is somewhat like this (does not heal for the total damage shield but the value it alone provides and affects all who attack the mob, etc).

SKs already have had defensive lifetap procs, both in clicks and disciplines. Such procs usually have stacking issues (ex. old bp click conflicts with skin proc) and add nothing when not tanking, so not very attractive.

A straight additional offensive lifetap proc that stacks with existing buffs would be better than either of these ideas. Given the state of the game though, who really cares.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for the feedback.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.