Ranger Class BP Discussion

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tadenea, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tadenea Augur

2. Tadenea Augur

Currently checking up on why Group BP focus does not cover same arrow spell lines as raid BP
  3. Thraine Augur

I personally still use my old CotF T2 raid BP for the mana regen clickie way more often than my current one. ill use the current one if im meleeing in a group or solo setting tho every once in a while
  4. Tadenea Augur

I know biggest issue I had with those BP is the dps loss
    Decreased Spell Damage by 25%
    Increases Melee Delay 25%

with best BP it gave 1500mana per tick for 5 ticks
    Thraine likes this.
  5. Thraine Augur

thats enough mana for another dicho cast :)
  6. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

I'm only disappointed that the focus and click effect on the BP's haven't changed since TDS. Raid BP's have 12,500 DD proc, 7% damage boost to Focused Arrowrain. I realized we also haven't received a level cap increase since TDS, but I mean come on... quit with the copy/paste each year. Some sort of differentiation between the expansions, be it +500 to the DD and/or +1% to the damage boost on the Focus each expansion, but something.

I don't mind the little bitty mana regen click either, but I pretty much only use that when I know I have 10 minutes before I'm gonna burn in raid setting. For raid purposes, I'd like to see us still get the DD proc, but up the damage already.
  7. Schadenfreude Augur

The current focus is fine and I wouldn't want to potentially risk getting something worse by changing it.
    I would use a mana regen click along the lines of what is on the older BPs if the melee slow and spell reduction was removed (since our mana regeneration is beyond terrible) but if that's not on the table then a hefty percentage upgrade to the current click would be acceptable bearing in mind how much of a bump weapon procs have had recently.
  8. Fintank Augur

I think changing the Focus from the Focused Arrowrain line spells to Summer's Cyclone line would be a nice change. Those are the only 2 spells to go between really, maybe Anticipated Shots with the new recast delay. Anything outside of those would be a terrible.

The clickie is fine, I'd personally like to see a de-agro added to the proc, right now it's got a decent amount of agro per proc on it. Would just be a nice tool to help on raids or in a group setting with a poor tank etc. The mana regen click would be nice, but if it in anyway impacts DPS negatively it's not worth it.
    fransisco and Tadenea like this.
  9. Null New Member

I like the current arrow focus, but wish the clicky was either stronger(double the charges or damage) or changed to a penalty-free mana recovery tool.

I recommend against it boosting summers instead of an arrow spell, because wizards have run into the problem of their BP +damage% focus not stacking with the Eyes of Life and Decay, both are on the same SPA.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Based on this, to avoid issues with stacking how about making the Focus effect both Anticipated Shots and Focused Arrowrain? "Focus Effect: Focus Arrow spells" to keep it from effecting AE Arrows (if this would be something the Devs would even care about). It's great that these can fire GoM now but I find myself skipping arrow nukes a lot and spamming Summer's to try to trigger Alliance where needed on raids. Any way of sweetening Arrow spells would be nice to keep the low mana cost spells going more.

I really like the more charges idea on the proc. I'm totally happy with the clicky being a proc. There's no stacking issues, it works with Melee and Bows - what more can we ask for? Maybe a boost to the proc damage would be nice being as weapons can proc for up to 8k nowadays.
  11. Karthos Augur

How about something completely different? What about a clickie group buff of ro's burning cloak or similar. I think the rune portion of ro's needs a major upgrade though.
  12. Avory Augur

Ooow, what if it did a melee only proc that give you mana! Like a lot of mana...
  13. Null New Member

as long as the proc also triggers on archery hits as the current one does.
  14. Derka Power Ranger

Something with mana regeneration should be on it. I strictly use the cotf BP as well for the utility aspect. Dichotomic produces more damage than the procs on the new bp. Keeping the slow is fine that is the sacfrice you have to make if using it in combat. Upgraded mana regeneration with a proc chance for 30 seconds no charges. Similar to anguish bp: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=35171 but more damage and regen.
  15. Avory Augur

Just a direction idea when looking at mana regen as for rangers mana is gone faster than any class in EQ =O.

What if one part of the BP click was to allow your next 2 spells to be mana free casts? Replacing the DD proc. Any ranger who push's it during raids see's how this could save on mana while it also would extend group DPS if you are consistently clicking. Neither I feel over do it, you can live without the click and parse generally the same, its simply mana management.

Basically at this point a weapon proc seems to add so little overall and I admit I don't know if it procs off archery, and if it does not then it's pretty near useless.
  16. Null New Member

17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So it looks like the focus is agreed on
    As for click - Everyone want's mana, but I doubt we'll be giving mana to any class that does not have mana on recent BP's. I won't reject it out of hand though.
    Outside of the desire for mana, I don't see much objection to the current click except for dissatisfaction with the damage.
    And yes, numbers are increasing definitely for the click, maybe for the focus.
    Tarvas and Tucoh like this.
  18. Randragon Augur

If you increase the damage done by the current click and add that to RoS BP then I hope you don't exponentially increase the hatred it would generate as well or it would be worthless.
    And lets be honest, even if our last BP had a mana clicky you probably wouldn't have given it to us anyways.
    The SCR nerf basically killed a lot of desire in the four classes effected. I am on the fence whether I want to waste my time with EQ anymore. It's sad. 18 years playing and its come down to a company seemingly by purpose trying to destroy the fun of the game by calling it balance.
    My dps on live has dropped significantly with the SCR nerf as it stands right now.
    Unless there are some new AA's on the way, I don't think I am long for this game as it stands.

Sad Ranger Indeed!
    Thraine, Dewhead and Avory like this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for the feedback.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.