[ENC] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriadoc Elder

Just to add one more thought to the conversation, irrespective of anything that's been discussed thus far:

I've always liked the idea of the AC debuff on Noctambulate (formerly known as Stasis). Unfortunately, it's largely worthless as an AA, since the mez portion won't land on mamed mobs and the recast makes it worthless for routine group use. But an AC debuff of that magnitude that is a standalone 10-minute click would be useful on named and raid bosses without being overpowered. As an alternative, perhaps the accuracy debuff that accompanies our Beam of Slumber, but again, separate from the mez so it can be cast on bosses.

The current clicky is weak, but a good idea. The Unity focus is just a tick shy of worthless.
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

I think we're overwhelmingly in favor of the Illusions of Grandeur duration focus.

There's already a similar effect present on the Druid breastplate for a very similar skill with identical base duration and similar benefits, so it has a design precedent.

It's beneficial to both raiders and groupers.

It doesn't have any of the pesky future scaling issues you'd prefer to avoid.

It's fairly future proof, and can likely be copy/pasted onto future breastplates without modification.

It fits perfectly into the design niche of Enchanters as the premiere caster ADPS class.

As far as I can tell, it ticks all the boxes on the Ngreth item checklist, and most of the player boxes as well. It's not our ideal/first choice, but is still pretty decent and the best of the available options. Unless someone has a radical idea everyone is in love with, OR we get some awesome new AA that is a candidate for BP focus (this could very well happen, Enchanter AA's not on Beta yet), the Illusions duration extension is a good option.

I know you're not going to commit to or release any specific numbers, but I think giving the same duration extension or greater than the Druid BP is appropriate. 2 ticks group 3 ticks raid seems like a fair minimum, but you could even make arguments for as many as 5 ticks on the raid BP.

Let us know what you decide!
  3. Eriadoc Elder

What's the recast timer on Black Wolf?
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

5. Brohg Augur

Group Spirit of the Black Wolf has half uptime. 3.8m duration, 7.5m cool down
  6. fransisco Augur

Changing IoG uptime from a 2min0sec per 12minutes to 2min18sec per 12min is a waste of a focus.
    Its not even noticeable outside of raids when your burning.
    This would be of very little to no assistance to a non raiding enchanter.
    Eriadoc likes this.
  7. Eriadoc Elder

That's true. I never go duration on IoG when killing group level named in EoK dungeons.
  8. gotwar Gotcharms

Just saw this from Wizzy thread:

Can we just get this for the Enchanter BP on our newest Mindblade nuke?

Exact name escapes me right now but it's the "New Mindsunder"

I had thought this was off the table for all classes (a robe foci on SPA 302 that stacks with eyes of life and decay) but if that's not the case, I think this was our first choice by far when we were originally having this discussion.
    Sindaiann, Sancus and menown like this.
  9. kizant Augur

All our wizard robes have had a damage focus for the Ethereal Fire line since TSS. Wizards have a legacy to maintain ya know.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for the feedback folks! And yes 302 is okay.
    gotwar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.