[BER] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.
    - Also, can you make a good argument for your focus becoming an AA, and coming up with a new focus if that happened?

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [37855] BER Brutal Discipline Reuse Time 28%
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Reduce Timer by 7m
    2: Limit Spells: Brutal Discipline
    Decreases the reuse time of Brutal Discipline by 28%.

Current clicky:
    [47271] Vicious Axes
    Max Hits: 16 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Vicious Axe Strike on Spell Use (32000% Chance)
    2: Limit Type: Include Combat Skills
    5: Limit Casting Skill: Throwing
    Text: You channel your rage into your throwing arm.
    By focusing your rage, you cause your axe throwing disciplines to inflict 12500 additional damage.

[47272] Vicious Axe Strike
    1: Decrease Current HP by 15000
    Text: You are struck by a brutal axe.
    Deals #1 damage to your target.
  2. Brohg Augur

the Axe procs should be range skill hits
  3. Behelit Augur

BP Focus -
    Extended Battle Focus Disc: 2 tic on grp, 3 tic on raid
    or
    Extended Reckless Disc: 1 tic on grp, 2 tic on raid

Not alot of options here given a limited spell selection and most of those spells are already tied to AA such that hastening them isnt going to be even considered. We're probably best off mirroring the tank focuses and extending either Battle Focus or Reckless, with BF being more likely since its purely defensive and won't help swarming.

BP Click -
    Increased Frenzy Bonus Damage by X : a return to the HoT/VoA era click, this isnt that hard to scale to a set amount of damage since our Frenzy attempts/hits are consistent with no means of increasing attempts.
    or
    Decrease Frenzy Timer by 10sec: if we actually have the option of moving away from the cookie-cutter rigidity that we've seen then I'd like to see something interesting that lets us spam Frenzy more. This is beyond unlikely though.
    Brohg likes this.
  4. Behelit Augur

we definitely want to swap to a defensive focus, either Battle Focus or Reckless.

and for the click here are a couple more, using the current 240k total value as placeholders:

Reaping Strikes
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3m (30 ticks) Song, Extendable: No
    Max Hits: 20 Offensive Proc Casts
    2. Add melee proc Reaping Strike with 400% rate mod (SPA 419)
    Reaping Strike
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Magic -500
    Reflectable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 8000
    2: Return 50% of Damage as HP

^Simple "lifetap" proc, was originally requested for Berserkers but then Chandrok gave it to Rogues in CotF. 180k Dmg + 60k healing, so whatever the new total is supposed to be it should be 2/3rds Dmg and 1/3rd healing.

Shield of Blood
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: Absorb Melee Damage: 40%, Max Per Hit: 5000, Total: 240000

^Mini-version of Uncanny Resilience, we havent had a defensive click since CotF and even that was just an endurance return vs. an actual defensive option. Meanwhile Rogues and Warriors have been able to swap between offensive/defensive clicks.
  5. Behelit Augur

^sorry this should say 160k dmg, 80k healing. dyslexia ftw

Although really the Return % could be tweaked down a bit, as long as its kept in the 35-50% range.
  6. Behelit Augur

I know its just me and Brohg in here but we feel left out =(

lonely.... so lonely...
    gotwar and Sancus like this.
  7. Tanols Augur

I suppose a HH on par with Ruuabri's would be too much to ask for, eh ?
  8. Watajoke Journeyman

Focus: Hastened Demolishing Frenzy line (Timer 11) by 40%

Click:
    Berserker's Second Wind
    1: Purify Resurrection Sickness
    2: Increase Current Endurance by 9000 per tick for 6 ticks.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Please don't use abbreviations. They don't translate. Whats "HH on par with Ruuabri's" ? Assume I don't know your spells or AA's :)

Do you dislike the current Focus? Do you want a change?

I always have to consult, but don't seem out of bounds. Actual numbers To be decided and not necessarilly matching above values.
    Maybe on the first if I can do a scalar amount
    The second is in no way scalar.

Maybe? Lifetap is a bit off target for a berserker, but not wholly unreasonable. Something that feels more berserker... what if it was a mix idea...
    (keeping with the 240k jsut for example sake)
    What if it did proc damage for total 160000 damage, and absorbed melee damage total of 80000 damage. So it is a "Rage" of sorts where you do extra damage and instead of healing the damage, you prevent some damage through the power of your rage? (Skin becomes tough, blood causes it to fall off... whichever.) While I see the difference in use between a heal and a prevent damage in the high concept view... they are the same thing... some amount of damage done to the berserker is "canceled". Yes... healing has the potential to save when you are low where a shield is less likely to do that, thgouh it can still help... maybe that damage you prevent is enough for a healer's heal to come in.. or you kill off the mob.
    Probably not. I see it's value, but...
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

??????
  11. Derresh Augur

That person is asking for a "Decrease Weapon Delay by 33.8%" click, which is probably an instant no.

All of the suggestions posted were before the berserker nerf happened. While I cant speak for every berserker I would assume that most probably dont want a Focus change post-nerf now that brutal disc is back in the disc lineup, although an increase from 28% to 30% on the raid bp would make Brutal disc a 10min reuse instead of 10min30sec reuse. Which is a personal OCD annoyance of mine.

As for the click, if the "static" damage amounts these clicks are forced into arent being increased dramatically it doesnt really matter what kind of 160k or 240k dmg thing they do as that is a very small drop in the bucket of what dps classes put out these days. With that said, a defensive or utility click becomes much more valuable. Making the "Shield of Blood" suggestion the best one that isnt overpowered in nature, IMO.

For Reference:

Shield of Blood

12. Behelit Augur

As Derresh pointed out, these ideas were generated while Disconcerting had 100% uptime but with the current nerfs in place we unfortunately once again need the Brutal Discipline Hastening. As much as I'd love a new focus, particularly geared to a defensive disc, I dont think its in the class' best interest at this time.

Well the problem in my mind with tying a rune/mitigation effect to a proc is that in all likely-hood each successive proc will just overwrite the previous defensive benefit, without it being fully used. Meaning the actual defensive value will be much lower than whatever value its set at spell data wise.

This could be somewhat skirted by having the defensive portion be a recoursed at the end of using all counters on the proc, allowing it to then fade or be consumed on its own merits... but then you have the issue of it being a defensive ability with no "on-demand" timing which is pretty useless.

Lifetaps dont have the downside of the proc/rune since we're doing a pretty consistent amount of self-inflicted damage to ourselves. If lifetaps are off the table, I'd like to avoid procs entirely and stick with a strictly defensive click.

Shield of Blood

or alternatively

Cloak of Blood
    1: Absorb Spell Damage: 40%, Max Per Hit: 10000, Total: 240000
    As always values are just for representation sake, the key point being any spell mitigation effect should have a stronger Max Per Hit (Base2) than its melee mitigation counterpart as incoming spell damage in both the group and raid game is much higher on a per hit basis than melee.
  13. Mortium Elder

Feel free to add immunity to root and blindness as a bonus feature on the BP.
  14. Angre Augur

I hope you senior Zerkers come up with a good idea for the effect on the new breastplate. I doubt I can add anything worthwhile to this thread, but I am tired of all the BP's with Axe Weapon throwing benefits. I know throwing axes, even up close and personal to the mob (which I never understood how that is possible), is a part of being a berserker, but Its like giving a sucker to an enraged gorilla to calm him down. lol ??? I don't why I said that...

The last great Breastplate was the Lucid Rageblade Coat that had an awesome Benefit and Focus for its era. Something along that line would be nice.

Personally, I am for any Effect that decreases the reuse timer for Brutal Discipline. I don' think Mangling Discipline was meant to replace Brutal Discipline or it would have the same effects and timer, just more damage output to keep in line with the hp's of RoS Mobs.

25 Minute Refresh? Come on? Some raids only last 20 minutes. However, I am certain that you evil Developers :) have new raids that will go well beyond 20 minutes lol. The endurance costs are outrageous for Mangling Discipline, btw.

So how about a breastplate that cuts Brutal Discipline down to 10 minute reuse so the effect can be used 2-3 times during a raid?

It will be awhile before I ever see a RoS raid breastplate, but it seemed like a good idea if you would include this effect in the RoS T2 Group Breastplate :). I will still use Brutal, even though the discipline is 10 levels below current intended content, it's still fine, useful discipline. I want to Thank You for giving them separate timers. That is great!

Can't wait for the expansion to go live!

As far as being rooted and blinded... meh I don't mind. Just use /stopdisc in a hot button or Drawn to Blood and all your worries fade away....
  15. Tanols Augur

Personally Im hoping that Mangling is the upgrade to Brutal and it is due to discs not being complete that hastened AA don't apply to its re use timer.
    Most if not all of our discs as seen on Beta looked unfinished to me. Re use timers, base damage etc., I was also hoping for far more AA. One to hasten Cleaving.

As far as the OP goes I'd prefer a dps increase click, hastened ability click vs a defensive vs an endurance regen click.
    More damage is always desired, faster re use on discs, AA, abilities is frequently desired, defensive is sometimes desired, more endurance is rarely desired but that could change if costs are drastically increased and Sapping strikes benefit reduced or reuse lengthened.
    drizerker likes this.
  16. Brudal Augur

Really hope discs are unfinished:

from the 11/23 beta file

Timer 20 puts it on the same timer as disconcerting and the stacking "Frenzy Strikes 7" is in the wrong place unless they want to lockout the Augmented/Amplified

17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for the feedback. I'll think a bit on the click, and go for [37855] BER Brutal Discipline Reuse Time 28% on the focus (numbers may change)
  18. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Shouldn't we be bothered by the fact that the best focus we can get is for a disc several expansions and 10 levels ago?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.