Ninja patch?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fnyanea, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Fnyanea Augur

Mid raid patch! only 25 mins warning?

How long?
  2. Warpeace Augur

O....what gives?

Not seeing any notes. Log into the Server is coming down in X minutes message.

Edit

So servers go down and now this is poster at the top of the forums

Status: 11/28/2017 3:25 PST - We are currently investigating a potential issue with servers: Bertoxxulous, Firiona Vie, The Rathe, Tunare
  3. Fnyanea Augur

LOL, shut them down.... then call it a potential issue?
  4. Sigpa0s Journeyman

Not seeing a status message, but servers appear to be back up already.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

This seems to be a regular thing. Not sure if its related to the upcoming ROS launch or not but Tunare went down twice last week plus the announced patch. Both times were around 3am PST. No notice until the emote that servers would be coming down in xx minutes. No information regarding the servers coming down. I am the first to defend patches and such but a little communication would be nice. Not everyone has the time to log in their paid accounts every day just to make sure their traders or barters are still in game. Its rather annoying to have paid accounts with buyers and sellers attached to them logged out of the game instead of buying and selling crap. It would be nice if they at least put an announcement up some place every time a server comes down so people can get their economic toons back up and running when they have time.
  6. Roxxlyy Augur

For some context here, we've had this happen a handful of times over the last few weeks; there's a certain issue that pops us that leads to us having to bounce the server. When this happens, we usually do the restarts around 3:30 AM PT, and the downtime only lasts about 15 minutes or so.

Messaging is usually put out when the issue surfaces itself, but there's no saying when this will happen or if it will happen to multiple servers per day, etc. It's a bit finicky.
  7. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I love the Technical term "certain issue" doesn't speak highly of communication team at all.
  8. Roxxlyy Augur

Has to do with some sort of load increase on the worlds - I am in no way involved with the technical ops side of things, so I don't try to disseminate auxiliary information that I'm not particularly knowledgeable about.
    Ishtass, Elricvonclief, Brohg and 7 others like this.
  9. fransisco Augur

Must be hard being a dev sometimes. It can be like fox news in here - everyone assumes you are out to get them.
  10. Bigfan Augur

Well then, for your information bertox has a raid guild that raids at 3:30 am, so maybe give a little more warning?
  11. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Basically, each instanced created on TLP's has an id added, and whenever the id reaches 16385, it does a rollback to -16384 and crashes the server where the last instance was created, and they haven't gotten around to use unsigned integers yet.

Do note that i am pulling this out of my though :p
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Would there be a way to put something in the threads when a server goes down? I know that 15 mins is not a long down time but for those of us with traders and barters it removes us from the game. Some of us work long hours and don't have time to log all our toons in every day just to see if they have been removed from the game. Checking the forums daily after work or on a break to see if our barters and traders are still in game seems reasonable. If there was some notification we could at least try to make time to log them back in instead of logging all our paid accounts in daily just in case our server came down. The incentive to run accounts mostly for trader purposes diminishes if they are booted from the game and are not buying or selling things on a regular basis.
  13. Roxxlyy Augur

Yup yup, the goal is to put a heads up in the News & Announcements forums (which means it will also hit the game launcher). I've done this a few times in the past, though admittedly I know the other day's downtimes were missed due to the lateness of it all. Can and will definitely work on improving that process as much as I have the ability to in the future.
    Fanra likes this.