my second character :)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thomasofold, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Thomasofold Elder

Hey everyone I think Im to the point I might try multiboxing (but only a second character). To start with I have a level 52 barb warrior.

As far as I know on my server its ok. What do you guys think? What should I be. Right now I think magicain, Beast tamer or maybe shaman.

I would be moloing with the ccharacter for awhile (Until I catch up to my level 50 warrior) but might try some team stuff with him on the way. (Like dark tower and the queen bee)

If I do choose a magicain or 'caster' what race should I be choosing?

Basicaly I want my 2nd character to be in the background while my warrior is at the head. I would have choosen a ranger but having to manually click ranged attack everytime wouldnt work with how I want to box (I guess a spell caster isnt much better lol)

Someone that buffs, has a pet and is easy to box is ideal. Im just not sure where to go.

Also some side questions if you dont mind.

1. is having that race (forget which one...gnome?) that tinkers worth it?
    2. My guy learned experiment at lvl 15, whats that for?
    3. Anywhere to buy level 50+ rings and earrings other than PoK? Or should I just buy those ones?
    4. Should I be more worried about gear with more AC/HP/ or Atk? I usually go for more hp (20 or more) in gavor of losing a few AC, but as for items with ATK, is losing a few AC/HP worth getting 1 or more ATK?

Thanks everyone. And if your on Cazic Thule and want to group Im game for anything in the first 3 areas :)
  2. Ryino Elder

My main is a mage and I enjoy boxing it with a tank. the abilities it brings (Damage shield, CoTH, invis, backup tank pet) mesh pretty well. The longer casting spells also make tabbing between windows a little easier.

1. If you are going to do trade skills then sure. Although if you are then at some point you will probably want to make an enchanter.

2. I can't remember what that does

3. You can camp them or buy them. One nice thing about being lower level on a live server is a lot of the gear is really cheap. (if you can find it)

4. A real tank main would have to answer this. I know different people value AC vs HP differently (some 10 hp = 1ac, other 15-20 hps = 1 ac) and I think it depends on softcaps as well. I don't think attack is a major concern as you will be boxing a DPS and probably have 1 DPS merc as well. Being able to tank the content better will probably help more then a slight DPS increase.

I am on Cazic as well so feel free to hit me up in game if you need a hand. If you do decide to go with a mage I can help you out with it.
    moogs and Thomasofold like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You don't have to hit range attack every time you shoot when your a ranger. You can hot key "auto fire" . Target the mob, click auto fire one time and your ranger will shoot till his arrows run out or when you get the AA endless quiver then the arrows never run out and you will shoot till mob is dead.
    Gnomes are the only ones that can tinker right now in the game. Most are short and useless outside of that but a wizzy gnome would be good for some ports and extra damage. Just be careful you don't step on it with your warrior.
    There is some jewelry that is compartmentalized and player made. It has no level requirement and can hold 3 augs, a type 11, type 10 and a type 7 (I think). I made a bunch for my lower alts and if you do it right you can get 100 or more hp plus with each ring x 2 and earring x 2 and necklace. I can't find my link I had that explains how to make it, very easy, but I am sure someone else can advise.
  4. Sagarmatha Augur

I have two boxed a Warrior/Druid for many years, and still can't believe what I've been able to accomplish. I do have a Shaman that rolls with my Warrior, as they are amazing for melee buffs, but I simply can NOT live without SNARE. I like to crawl through zones (dungeons, especially), and snare is incredibly crucial for my playing style. My Druid is my Warrior's right hand. I have her built for healing because they keep two DPS mercs readily available, but also have two healer mercs and a DPS macro on the Druid for longer/named fights.

Druid is crazy easy to box if she's not the main healer. I looove to run, Warrior/healer merc/Druid get nasty. My Druid macro is surprisingly not about DoTs.
    Osu112401, moogs and Thomasofold like this.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Later in levels, having a character to slow the mob is very helpful.

Warrior/dps merc and Shaman/healer merc can do quite alot!

Slow, buffs, haste, invis, lev, back up heals or prime healer, dots, debuffs. Ports/snare/track are super handy but they arent needed with potions, PoK, guild hall ports, travel to just about any zone is easy.

I run Paladin/Shaman/Druid. Both with dots and dd’s can do a metric boatload of dps, both have macros set for spam heals and ae root!

Druid or Shaman are great for what you are looking for. Bard would be ok also, only it’s more of a pull singles with bard have em slowed/debuffed/snared then as warrior beats on em tab back for haste song or melody it all.
  6. Bikk Journeyman

If you like the idea of ranger I'd go with that. You don't have to switch screens and click ranged attach every few seconds. Rangers are the only class that can make use of /autofire, which when used just shoots off arrows until you press it again, or the mob dies. Also at the higher levels if you dont have something that can CC, youre going to need something to at least pull single mobs. Rangers can do both.

Like others have said, you cant go wrong with a shaman. I am currently boxxing a Shaman/Monk around level 90. Nameds are very challenging but other than that I feel like I'm always on cruise control pulling singles and slowing punching them down.

The next duo I'm fixing to level is a Ranger/Tank since I'm always hearing you need some type of tank to do anything fun at endgame. If my monk is already having issues at 90 I can only imagine how squishy I'll be later.
  7. Thomasofold Elder

Nice thanks guys :)

currently thinking about a woof elf ranger. Just reading into some things and other classes.

____Edit1

Ok looked into it and am now thinking of a druid over the ranger.
    1. Should I still use a bow? Or is that going to give my character to much 'pull'? (Just concentrate on spells?)
    2. Whats a good combat capable race with mana? Im still thinking wood elf for invrasion/forage

____Edit 2

...or a shaman lol
  8. Thomasofold Elder

Final thought (I think) Ogre shamam (Mostly for stun res)

Mostly for the buffs and healing (as well as back up spells) but appearently they are the best molo'ers. Well everyone wish me luck :)
  9. Bikk Journeyman

You cant go wrong with a shaman. It seems like everyone you come across has a boxxed shaman and for good reason.

GL!
  10. moogs Augur

http://www.kyros.info/Tradeskills/JC-Calc/
    Felicite likes this.
  11. Scorrpio Augur

Shaman is good companion for a melee. Though I personally think druid brings far greater utility.

Gnomes/tinkering: it is an awfully expensive skill to develop past 100. And in my overall trip to 300 on all TS + research and Eron/Grimel quests I probably needed a high end tinker only 4-5 times (crab cracker, laminator, corking device, wind bow cams). I do have a gnome alt to tinker battle bow cams for treant fletching.
    If anything, make him a chanter to enchant metals/clay and make mana vials. Oh and gnomes need to hit lvl 16 before they can advance tinkering past their starting 50.

Experiment? Only experiment I know is a button in tradeskill containers. It is a mode where you don't select a known recipe, but put stuff in manually and see if it works.

For tanks, I keep hearing that AC is king. Ability to take less damage generally trumps ability to soak more of it. But let actual tanks weigh in on that.
    Osu112401 likes this.
  12. Thomasofold Elder

I dont know but for both my warrior barbs at about lvl 15 (I think) I got the your better at experimenting message and showed it at level 1. I dont think its actually listed in my skills though, and I had experimented with banking and smithing prior, so I dont think that has anything to do with it.

-Also like I said got the message at a level up (Ding!) :)
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

14. Thomasofold Elder