Ding 106 what will happen to scaling on existing HAs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogane, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Drogane Journeyman

So with the lvl cap increase, when you hit 106 plus do the mob lvls continue to scale up? There is a massive difference with scaled lvl 105 mobs from COTF HAs and lvl 105 mobs from recent content I’m curious since there are still a few named from those HAs I’d like to solo but if they are just gonna get a power gain when hitting 106 it may delay wanting to get the expansion.
  2. Riou EQResource

They should scale higher, yea, though cotf uses a weaker/easier scaler then tds and tbm HA iirc
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Bobsmith Augur

Ha on beta scale all the way to 110
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would expect TBM pohate/pofear to scale up as well. Including the raids, so that you will be able to enjoy level 110 raids for obsolete rewards...:p I expect TBM-pohate/pofear to be the least replayed raids in the future...:rolleyes:

Tbh, I think it should be an option for high levels to request content that isn't scaled up beyond its original level. It would make it easier to molo old progression, some of the upscaled cotf HAs are pretty difficult.
    The upscaling wrecks the risk vs. reward balance, imo.
  5. Rorce Augur

This could be ok, as long as the reward (xp given) is scaled down to match.
    Ishtass and Jumbur like this.
  6. fransisco Augur

I don't think reward should be scaled. Otherwise, why bother with new content
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Completely fair imo, If you choose an easier version then the reward should be smaller: I just like having options, and im not always doing content only for the xp.

Regarding the scale-able TBM-raids, which nobody does for xp(afaik). How should those be handled with a fair risk vs. reward balance, if players choose the level 110 version? Less trash clears? Added coin-reward? Cool title-reward?

Well, the HA's still works as a "daily-quest" for leveling players, I think its a nice option to "spread" the level-grind a little, across multiple expansions. :)
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

9. Scorrpio Augur

I thinj TBM raids should remain 105 capped, that can put thrm in range of more folks who don't usually raid. Though gotta say, TBM raid stuff can still be quite relevant. Not for tanks, maybe, but the focus effects on it work to 110 and are raid-quality. Like the 65-100% healing boost on my druid's neck piece. I doubt I will be replacing it with anything from RoS group stuff.
    Jumbur likes this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, I also think(?) the best bard instruments in game drop from maestro. and as you said caster-focus is also an important factor. If the raids don't scale above 105, they would be viable open-raid-targets(doable by inexperienced groupers :) ). But if they do scale up then it might be too hard for that, and seasoned raiders will obviously focus on EoK/RoS.

I don't really see what an upscaled version of pohate/fear-raid can offer the playerbase? unless they modify the reward too.