Please Remove Level Cap From Druid 2.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

In terms of balance for Shaman Epic, it remains undeterred by the years. The Cleric Epic scales with hit points for all eternity. So for class balance reasons, the scaling on the epic doesn't hold as a focus.

Relative to this was the change done to the various Circles of Mana clicks that had their level cap focus removed. The druid epic is more similar to the Circle of Mana line of clicks for the capacity to increase dps and to bring that portion of class balance more in line with the other two epic 2.0's for priest.

Thoughts?
  2. moogs Augur

Long overdue, but this shouldn't be done before necromancer epics are addressed. I'm saying this as a druid.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Asking for something to be buffed is just going to result in other things getting nerfed instead. It's the natural order of things.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  4. Imak Augur

Someone decided many, many years ago that the druid 2.0 would not be one of the select few epics that had a perpetually useful clicky effect. Druids campaigned for an uncapped effect for many years and were thoroughly ignored for their efforts.

Perhaps those precious few elite epics will get nerfed someday, but I don't expect to ever see any sort of increase in power to the other dozen crappy epic weapons.
  5. fransisco Augur

I think the epic 2.0s were made by different devs. So some made them crazy overpowered and scaling (sk, necro, shaman, cleric), some mediocre (ranger, monk, beastlord), and some downright terrible (enchanter, druid).
    It sucks, but I doubt its gonna change after 10 years.
  6. Talonthalis Elder

I'd love to see Druid Epic changes to make them more relevant but after the DOT tuneups and new xpac, is it even worth it anymore? Aren't their better weapons Druids should focus on instead?
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The epic clicky can be used from in your bag. So druids can continue to use a better weapon but have a nice bonus clicky. That is, if the level cap is removed.
  8. Quazie Elder

We asked (and got) Season's Wrath from Elidroth a few years ago specifically as a compromise on this issue.
  9. mackal Augur

Necro was actually changed during DoD to dot crit instead of hate focus :p
  10. Talonthalis Elder

So would a reasonable trade off be; make it like the Necro epic? Must be worn but level cap removed?
  11. mackal Augur

You can not do that. Making it must equip to cast isn't even close to the same trade off.
  12. Blackburrow23 Elder

I might be wrong I am seeing it as a 1% increase to incoming DMG? Just change the level limit. This really doesn't seem like that big of a problem. If worried about the overall increase because this seems very adps when casted on a mob, change the effect to land on your group and increase group by 1%.
  13. mackal Augur

It's 1 to 50%, some site are really bad at parsing spell file.
    gotwar likes this.
  14. fransisco Augur

What should really happen is just lvl cap ALL epics 2.0s
    Lvl 75 for worn focus (all but 1 have this) and a lvl cap for the clicks too.
    Its ridiculous how a 12year old piece of gear can be required for a class (sk, necro).
    noclue likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or, conversely, it's nice that there's old content which is still useful to do. At least for some classes.
    Chatoyan, gotwar and UncleUms like this.
  16. fransisco Augur

I think old content should be useful. It adds flavor.
    But I do not think the class should be balanced around having a specific item, when the entire theme of the game is replacing gear.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Fair enough. So, useful old content, but not TOO useful ;)
  18. mackal Augur

All the focus effects are level capped. Necro isn't a focus ;)
  19. Blackburrow23 Elder

I think its fun that epics can still have a use after all these years. Epic weapons are the only thing left that classic EQ affects on my characters. They are EQ history, if there is a way to get more classes to do their epics than the better. However forcing the class to wear them really sucks aka necro epic. They should just make it a type 3 Aug or put that effect on every necro BP. Side note, stuff like this is why they don't want to use % increases when discussion the new BPs in beta. A % effect can last a very long time.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, I didn't know (or remember) this. Season's Wrath is a pretty good compromise. It is a shame we don't have a use for our epic anymore besides the ornament, but I guess it is one less thing we have to carry around at least.