Black Friday/Cyber Monday Expansion Discounts/Sale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AlmarsGuides, Nov 22, 2017.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

Pretty pretty please with sugar on top? I have 12 more copies I want to buy and I would consider buying the Collector's Edition for the guild portal on one if there was a planned discount for the holidays! <3
    Gyurika Godofwar and Aurastrider like this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

This might convince me to buy the expansion since I am still on the fence but we both know the odds of a discount are slim to none.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Indeed, the closest and sweetest deal we ever got from Daybreak imo was when they let us buy TBM with Daybreak cash for two weeks. I don't think that was a Black Friday thing though... Shoot, I would be happy with that for Black Friday - No discount and instead just pay with Daybreak Cash. It would still cost me well over a hundred but it would certainly be a discount =P
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

My favorite was when they put the LON boxes in the market place for like 33 bucks instead of 100. They got me for more money on that sale than any person should spend on virtual items. I think after that sale is when they introduced the prize packs and then I believe there was a sale on those as well. They also had xp pots in the market for like a buck or something crazy around this time. That was the last good sale I have seen. Ever since the sales have not even been worth looking at and they have removed so much stuff from the market place its silly. Mounts, illusions, ornaments all taken out and this silly rotating prize pack system have caused me to spend nothing in the store since they started doing this. I went from spending tons of real money in the market place to spending absolutely nothing because there has been nothing worth spending my own money on.

Add this very odd expansion system they are introducing making me go farm EOK gear so I can use ROS gear and having to avoid specific mobs in ROS unless I do progression in EOK and I went from being excited about buying 11 expansion upgrades to unsure if I want to buy a single expansion. I really hope they never introduce another expansion requiring previous expansion farming and questing again.
  5. fransisco Augur

There is no way the brand new expansion will be on sale.
    Everyone is gonna buy it anyways. Not only is it a lvl increase, but alot of people skipped EoK (And they will want to catch up).
    Xnao and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

According to https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content the Collector's Edition does not have the guild port item. Only the Premium Edition does.

The Collector's and Premium Editions have the Gorowyn Express Beacon, which is a personal teleport (item owner only) to Skyfire, near Gorowyn. Only the Premium Edition has the Gorowyn Express Lantern, which is a house or guild hall item (anyone who can enter the house or guild hall) for teleport to Skyfire, near Gorowyn.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't see this happening. DBG would be admitting failure in regards to presells for RoS.
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

You are more likely to see a krono bundle sale or a station cash sale or nothing.
  9. Numiko Augur

Seems like when they have a marketplace sale they take 25-40% off everything *except* expansions and Krono.
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

Thanks for letting me know now! I probably would have double checked before clicking buy and then grunted for an hour at the huge cost of the Premium Edition over the Collectors.

That's an interesting way of looking at it! I never knew putting a product on sale was admitting failure.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That's an interesting way of looking at it! I never knew putting a product on sale was admitting" failure."

Are you mad? Or do you know absolutely nothing about basics of business? This game is a for profit business. Selling anything at a loss before your product is released is absolutely throwing in the towel, we failed. This is especially so when it comes to developing client software on any scale
  12. Blackburrow23 Elder

They can exclude expansion and krono sales from marketplace discounts. They could just discount items bought on the ingame market with daybreak cash. Expacs, Krono, and Subs need to be purchased out of game with CC or Paypal. But I understand where your coming from OP was asking for a discount on Expacs. Still wish there was a sale today, i would buy so many exp potions for the upcoming ROS and i only have around 400 daybreak cash so i would have to load my ingame wallet.
  13. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Doesn't look like there is a black Friday or cyber Monday sale posted :(aside from the seasonal discounted items.
  14. Warlain Lorekeeper

really dissapointed daybreak didnt even at least discount station cash... jeese. I was thinking about getting a new herioc character up and running and was hoping for a little discount
  15. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I am too. No station cash sale, no subscription sale or krono sale. :(
  16. Andvarion New Member

Yep, I wanted another heroic as well.
  17. Numiko Augur

18. Grisnkh Lorekeeper

Lets go EQ I have cash to spend!
  19. Numiko Augur

Should we hope for something on Cyber Monday? or is EQ officially the forgotten game of the Daybreak marketing dept. :oops:
  20. Blackburrow23 Elder

Pretty disappointed there were no sales. Went ahead and spent my extra on a $60 PS4 game. Maybe next year for EQ.