Question on HP totals...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

You speak as a max-level character that ALSO has EoK AAs.
    "Into the temple (b)" has certainly NOT been "solo-material" when TBM was current and your gear wasn't TBM raid.
    The OP has posted the kind of gear he has - USE that info, before posting such , damn it!
    Thrillho likes this.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Wut?
    More info on this "calculation" for PS-usage please, else i'd say "go back to school and learn about percentages again".
  3. HeatherPurrs Augur

I was soling it in TDS gear at release. Do you EQ?
  4. Brohg Augur

50*8 is 400? That's more "basic arithmatic" than what I'd call a calculation...
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

mhm... but 8 times 50% still doesn't make 400%... Back to school then it is i guess!
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes i do.
    And, for example, there were two max-level WARs with mercs that without the help of my (then-level 80!) ENC would NEVER have made that mission during TBM times. Granted, not the best Warriors, but so ka.
    I found this mission hard to do, even hard to box for a quite a while until i had caught up lot after my break.
    I can long since "solo" it too. but i certainly couldn't early on when it was current.
    Grats if YOU could solo it in TDS gear right at release.
    That doesn't mean everyone can though, much less someone in RoF/CotF gear as the OP.

As i said:
    USE the info given before posting such !
    Noone is really interested if YOU can do something unless YOU were the universal law in a Kant's sense. Which you aren't, thankfully.
  7. Brohg Augur

yyyyyes it does. Don't really know what else to write here. No snark or anything, just a mathematical truth. 8 halves is 4.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Many thanks to all of you for the great info in the thread. And also, MANY thanks to Venau, who did help me with the TBM mission, allowing me to spend my RoTs, and adding much more to the total of RoTs I have. Kudos to you, Venau :)
    moogs and Thrillho like this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Spread the knowledge in game. We have tons of people who can provide good info but we're bad at distilling it to one place. So pass on as you can.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

It's really simple. Gear improves. i recall the most crazy good tank gear I could get having 150 hp. Other than special items, assuming you have some friends,you will catch up fast.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

RE: powersources. I noticed on my Raidloot profile, it shows 300HP from the powersource (I briefly tried it in game last night after upgrading 9 slots). I did get ~320 HPs from it. That's for all 8 pieces with 50 purity. Per this web page (http://www.eqwiki.net/wiki/Combine_Power_Sources), you get 37 HP/50 purity. 8 * 37 = 296, with AA mods and such, it's about 320.

So, back when I had ~45K HP, it was less than 1% difference, and now it's way less. Per comments above, I'll get a new powersource from TDS, and I assume it will make a big difference. Does anyone know of a similar web reference page for the new powersources?

PS - Upgraded 9 slots with the RoTs from last night, have added 17K HPs just from that (91K -> 108K self-buffed) https://www.raidloot.com/Profile.aspx?id=3893

Also added about 15-16K mana. One really nice part of bigger pools (after survivability, of course) is that OOC regen is a constant 3.33% per tick regen, so the bigger the pool, the more HP/mana you're getting back each tick :)
  12. Thrillho Augur

50 purity? You're bit light I think. You need to get some purity augs to amp up your PS's effectiveness. Search for a Stone of Tranquility. They drop like candy and should be relatively cheap. They go unused because they only add 25 purity whereas the newest purity augs add 35. I never loot these anymore because I had so many to begin with. I had a bag full of them. I'm sure you'll have no issues finding these, even if you do a WTB in General.

Make sure you're using the correct powersource for your class (which class are you again?). The TDS ones are significantly better than the player-made ones, they just need to be farmed. Some classes are luckier than others. From least progression to most:
    • Healer PS drops in Caverns
    • Caster PS drops in Degmar
    • Melee PS drops in Thuliasaur
    • Tank PS drops in Combine (melee use this one often. I rarely use the melee PS in favour of this one)
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, thanks, I know all that. Per earlier posts in the thread. The point was, when PSs came out, they didn't do much to add to HPs. Even with 25 Purity augs (I have a bag-full in the bank), the total would be 480 HPs instead of 320. When I had 45K HPs, that was barely 1%. Now, it's less than 0.5%. For an item which is used up, didn't seem like it was even worth pursuing.

People pointed out the new TDS PSs add much more, and my own search showed they add several mod2 type stats as well. Getting one is already on my list of things to do.