To: Forum Mods, Re: New progression server spam posts.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Meso_Phinny, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Meso_Phinny Journeyman

Those of us with sense know that Daybreak is not going to make a progression server based off of a magical idea they find in a random forum post. Would it be possible for forum moderators to make a stickied megathread that all posts in the vein of "I want X for the next TLP server and I want it NOW" go to? Other large message boards such as reddit do this with topics that are beaten to death, so it might work nicely.

I know this is a long shot, but we see like 8 of these posts a week. <3
    Chatoyan and snailish like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Nice joke.
  3. Meso_Phinny Journeyman

I'm all about the lulz today.
  4. snailish Augur

It's a good idea.

We've seen specific topic complaint threads get moved into each other in the past.

Next/new progression server idea omnibus thread
  5. Adonhiram Augur

Seriously though, the TLP forum perhpas needs sub-forums ; it has grown so big with the stream of returning players who restarted EQ between 2015 and 2017, that it has become a huge pot-pourri of threads/posts without overview.

A few subsections might be of help, maybe some global categories including a Servers subforum (this one is important because of different rulesets and pace through expansions)... and of course a Flame section which will have a brilliant future on its own... ;)
  6. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

Bobbybick you entertain me so much, ty! Happy Thanksgiving!
  7. Ming Tee Augur

Is the spam really that bad? I've literally never had to go to the second page of these forums. People complaining about pointless bs, that's what we need a sticky thread for.
  8. Nolrog Augur

It comes and goes. There were 3 or 4 "here's my idea for a progression server" posts in the last week. There's usually about a new one every week or so rehashing the same bad ideas.
  9. snailish Augur

I wouldn't sticky it... just keep dumping the threads into it as they appear in a given year. Start a new one up the next year.

If it is a hot topic, it will stay at the top. Nobody posts "new" ideas for a few days it drops off the radar.
  10. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Start a new progression server Mega thread and merge them all into it? :p
  11. Pictarous Augur

Banning Risiko would be the first place I’d start.

We get it, you are bored at work. Keep the constant diarrhea flow of “the next TLP ideas” in a journal, not every third post on the forum.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Is it sad that I now look fondly back on the era of Radarx and his heavy-handed moderation?
    Felicite and Bobbybick like this.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Felicite and Machentoo like this.
  14. Punchu Augur

Sony-Mod-04 and I had some serious friction.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Riskio self-banned about a month ago. He ragequit the forums and someone said he got guild kicked and ragequit EQ, too.