Advanced Loot System

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by daknife56, Nov 22, 2017.

1. daknife56 Journeyman

Ok I've decided to bite the bullet and use the advanced loot system. But I can't get it to do what I want it to do. I always play in a boxed group so I would like to set it up so that I can designate certain loot to go to certain characters automatically. So once I encounter, say, a bear skin, my tailor will get that snake skin automatically without me having to do anything. This way eventually after I've set options for all the items that are likely to drop in a given zone, all the loot will just go to the characters that I want to have it and I won't need to ever (or hardly ever) look at a corpse. Is this doable? and if so how?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Just make your tailor character pick Always Need on bear skins and your other characters pick Never.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I'd actually recommend setting Need on the preferred toon and greed on the others - that's what I do. Just in case you're feeling lazy on a toon and didn't load it, it isnt available, died, whatever. That way if you get something rare it will still go somewhere. Better your 2nd preferred option then rotting on the ground for rare stuff. If its crap, sure, by all means. ;)
  4. daknife56 Journeyman

I set "never" on all my toons but 1 and I set "always" on that one. Even when I get a corpse that all items are accounted for the corpse opens up and makes me select which toon each item will go to. If I send it to a toon that has "always" checked he automatically loots it but I'm wanting the corpse to not open at all if all items on it are accounted for. Do I have a setting wrong?
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You need Apply Filters checked.

Under the Loot Settings button, you need to have Use Advanced Looting checked, Auto Loot All checked. Also the Auto Show Loot Window, if it is checked, you also want the Show on new items only, if you only want it to show for items you have not already made a decision on.
  6. daknife56 Journeyman

Thanks. I had all those checked. Also, a couple of other things I notice is that the "Loot all" button in he top right is grayed out, and after I loot a corpse the corpse doesn't disappear even though I have "/hidecorpse looted" set. Its all very frustrating.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Save your self some headache. Load one toon up with a bunch of bags, mark everything always need on them and turn filters off on the others - no need to adjust never on the others, just turn filters off and they'll never put in on stuff unless you specifically assign it to them. Rare stuff you don't want to auto loot just assign it manually.
    TS items stack to 1000 now, so no need to differentiate that much.
    Metanis likes this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I would ditch the hidecorpse looted macro when using advanced loot and use hidecorpse all instead. If a mob has all items you don't want and you don't loot anything the hidecorpse looted wont make it go away. I have it on a macro and keybound so every time I press a button all the corpses go away.

As far as the loot all button that only works if you are solo. Otherwise in a PUG who ever is the master looter could just take everything (which in reality they still can) but at least this way they cant say oops I accidently hit the loot all button and took everything.

Another option which is what I do is I have a house (well actually several houses) designated for each tradeskill. I send all loot to my main toon and once his bags are full he just drops the tailoring mats in the tailoring house, smithing mats in the smithing house and so forth. This will lessen the headache of trying to figure out what toon loots what. If you have the same toon deposit items into your house it will eliminate the stacking issues. If you are skeptical of using houses you could still do this in terms of having your main loot all, dump everything into one house and then have your individual toons pull the items out right away. With a campfire and housing anchors you can offload your bags pretty fast and get back to the grind.
  9. daknife56 Journeyman

Thanks for the input, I see now that the loot all button is in the personal loot box. Do you have any suggestions as to how I might get the loot to be distributed when its been designated without the loot window opening?
  10. Bigstomp Augur

There is a button where it will not even show the loot window (I believe this is default now) if you either have filters off, or have designated an always need/never/ect.
    So once you've chosen how to deal with a loot item you'll never see the loot window again until something new shows up.
    moogs likes this.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

I minimize my loot window and open it once I have cleared a camp and just distribute the loot. This way it is not blocking my screen while I am in battle but at the same time I can see what items I have gotten after battle. I like doing it this way especially when doing quests that require specific item drops and I need to give all my toon an item or items. You probably don't want your toons rolling on quest items and have one toon win an item they don't need while one of your other toons still needs one for example. If you are not questing what you can do what bigstomp suggested so you only have the window pop up when you encounter a new item.
  12. Nolrog Augur

/hidecorpse always

As soon as they die, the corpses disappear. N o need for the macro.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

the corpses don't disappear if they have loot left on them specifically if a mob has all items that you have selected never loot. They only disappear if you take loot off of them or if they never had loot on them to begin with.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

oh nm I misread what you typed with the always part. Sorry getting a bit late and eyes are getting heavy. This is a good macro also except in the case when you accidently leave stuff on corpses you did not intend to which is why I keep it on a macro. Once I have finished looted I then hide the corpses.
  15. Nolrog Augur

No worries.

With the advanced looting system, the occasions that I leave something on the corpse that I wanted are very rare. Most of the time, loot is automatically dealt with, keeping what I want, leaving what I am not interested in. But if I do that, I can just /hidecorpse none and everything comes back, and then I fish for what I missed.
  16. Burpo the Clown New Member

Or, you could use /hidecorpse listed . . . which was created expressly for use with the advanced loot window.