Hello, I'm mad.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NimsalChaosbane, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Silinius Augur

I give this troll thread a 0/10 stars. People aren't biting. You may wish to try a different topic such as which server rule-set you want to see next.
  2. NimsalChaosbane New Member

It's not a troll thread, but thank you for the input.
  3. Darchias Augur

Yes, to echo what was said above if you have 500+ AAs than you should definitely stop buying AAs until you level cap. That's plenty for minimum expectations. You should at least be level 66 before trying to enter a current, top tier raiding guild, and even then expect your application to be declined unless you can hit 70. Working on your AAs is a poor use of your limited time.

You also haven't shared what class you are.We may be able to give you better advice if you did! Some classes, like Beastlord, Druid, Shadowknight, or Paladin, aren't needed in great numbers, and if you play one of those than it will be difficult to enter a top-tier raiding guild who already have those classes overstrength.
  4. Eldrian Augur

You sound like a casual player, and there is nothing at all wrong with that. The problem is that you joined a race server where casuals fall to the side since they can not keep up with the pace. You are currently behind, chances are you will always be so and likely slip even further. This is not a jibe on you it's just nature of the beast on a server with such a fast pace. My best advice to you would be to reroll on one of the other, more casual, TLP servers. Ragefire, Lockjaw, even Agnarr would be better suited to your available play time so that you could experience the game as you progress.
    snailish likes this.
  5. NimsalChaosbane New Member

I am a necromancer.
  6. Zapsos Augur

If you are serious, stop AA'ing and get to 70.
    snailish likes this.
  7. Tinytinker Augur

snailish likes this.
  8. snailish Augur

I'll bite, but the OP really does read as trolling:

1-2 hours a night on a necro you should be able to get to level cap. Level cap @ 70 is a nice power increase, and lots of stuff to go solo for AA still. Being a necro you can set up camp for weeks on end and save lots of travel time.

[my limited playtime on Phinny as a rogue and Agnarr as a monk has shown the travel & mostly inefficient soloing really drag you down if you are in a rush to catch people and don't have time for the 4+ hour group grinds in good zones]

Then you have to assess your situation: raiding isn't a 1-2 hour a night thing unless you perfectly fit the raid window of an efficient force. You'd be better off playing half as many nights for twice as long...
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Nolrog like this.
  9. Machentoo Augur

If you are not trolling, you are wasting your time working on those aa's instead of leveling. All the luclin aa's (IE the ones you can actually buy at your level) are going to be autogranted in two months. You should be leveling to 70. You will get aa's faster than you are currently just by being level 70 and attending raids.

Also, FYI every class has at least a thousand aa's to buy at this point.
  10. tofu stir fry Augur

11. Raltar Augur

World of Warcraft might be a bit more your speed.
    Chatoyan and Nolrog like this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

It has nothing to do with being unfair. Can you help those guilds in any way during the raids? No. Heck, you couldn't even join the raids they are doing now anyway (Tacvi I think needs 65, Anguish 69). You probably don't meet the requirements for hard core raiding guilds, and there is no unfairness in that at all.

But that doesn't mean you can't raid. There are other guilds out there that take more casual people and raid. Phoenix Emerging (PE) is one such guild (in fact, they just started trying to help people returning from Agnar or looking to move from live servers, which sounds perfect for you.)

Note, I'm not in PE, but I have a good friend that is and I've run into people from them here and there, so I'm aware of what they are up to.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Also, he can't even equip the gear dropped by raids, going back as far as PoTime. Really, if he wants a guild raiding content appropriate to his level, he needs to find a guild that's still doing Luclin content.
    Nolrog likes this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Good point. Didn't even think of that . . . . bottom line, get to 70 ASAP.
  15. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

As an officer in a raiding guild that finished Anguish before OGC , I can say with certainty that you never applied to our guild.
  16. Gio1999 Augur

I feel like this is a troll thread or someone who is really entitled.

There's a few of them out there.....ones that just got PLed by friends and show up to raid half naked... "Link your current item" and they say "nothing".
  17. Bigstomp Augur

1. No, you havn't been playing long.
    2. Git gud.
    3. Others can afford more krono's, git gud.
  18. Tinytinker Augur

At level 61 you would be holding people back if you tried to raid current content. You don't have the spells, levels, or gear (necro epic) to put out dps and you would die to AE's on the boss fights. The healers would be constantly rezzing you and rebuffing you. The only contribution you would be able to make would be twitching a cleric and you'd have to be able to stay alive and have mana to do that.

It also wouldn't be fair to the officers to put a level 61 toon in the raid if lots of full members are showing up. It wouldn't be nice to bench a full member for an app who doesn't have the right levels.

My suggestion would be get to level 70 asap. If you plan on raiding Anguish you can grind out the levels in Omens of War zones. This will be a good way to get faction for the gear and also make friends with people in OOW guilds you may want to apply to. Some of them will be working on OOW stuff as well. It will be easier to get into a raiding guild if people have positive experiences with you.
  19. Mwapo Augur

I'm going to suggest that you delete your character. Necromancers are really bad anyways.
  20. Pictarous Augur

How do you all keep falling for New Member trolling accounts?