The dark tower:Lord of the tower

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thomasofold, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Thomasofold Elder

Oh sorry I didnt realise. I do find it strange how much plat you make in the tutorial compared to the first area (Even the highest lvl mobs)

:)
  2. Gialana Augur

I've always found TSS expansion early zones to drop items that vendor for a lot of pp. The farmer's hoes and such sell for 5-6 pp (drop in Crescent Reach). Shiny puma/bear teeth sell for 10s of pp. This is a lot different than the starting areas in the classic era where mobs rarely dropped anything worth more than a few silver.
  3. moogs Augur

I thought I had hit the jackpot when a skeleton dropped a Cracked Staff and I vendored it for over a full 1 platinum piece...That was not to last either.
  4. Judor Journeyman

For bank bags - and a weight reducing bag - do the quest from Secalna Galnor, just across from the Crescent Reach stone in POK - she's the Tutorials NPC there. Takes about 5 or 10 minutes, and you get a 10 slot, 50% or 80% reducing bag, plus a free trader's satchel. Put the trader's satchel in the bank, since it's heavy, and I always fill the rest of my bank slots with trader's satchels which can be bought from merchant tekrama in the bazaar for about 1 plat each - 30 plat will buy all 27 bags with a bit left over, that covers trade slots as well. Smithy Bronson in Crescent reach will award you a weight reduction bag, 10 slots, for doing his gnollish tools quest, available at lvl 15, just need to collect 4 each of the hammers and picks the gnolls drop in blightfire.
  5. Judor Journeyman

Actually, you can make even more in CR and Blightfire - just keep an eye out for items used in tradeskills like Fresh meat, Steel Ingots, etc. These sell to vendors for 1s or so, but depending on the item, may sell in barter to a player for 100s of platinum. Also, most of the gear items that are dropped by named mobs that are tradeable will sell to vendors for far more than you might expect.
    moogs likes this.
  6. Thomasofold Elder

Yeah just realised the other day. (Im originaly from takanaon where nothing sells on barter) I found 2 fresh meats from gators. They are about 1600 Plat each on barter lol.
  7. moogs Augur

That's the stuff. Way to go.
  8. Thomasofold Elder

Welp here we go again...

Well Its been quite a ride getting to lvl 48. I have been selling and buying a fair amount of stuff through barter and bazaar. Even buying things from merchants and selling to players at some serious plat. (After spending 1000's on gear I still have over 5k plat left)

So Stone hive wasn't to bad and I did pretty good. Up until the boss (She devastated me). No big deal I thought surely now I can kill Defan...Wrong he wiped the floor with me still...

I managed to get him to the top of the tower where it wont even take my torches (it just drops them on the ground) He summons so many monsters that I die before I can do much of anything. (Even at lvl 48 and some seriously good weapon and armor, bought on bazaar)

As much as I like this game it sadens me that I cant fight any of the 'bosses' and also I feel like there isnt much in game direction now. (Im in that place north of the blight moor) the guildstone thing quest sent me there. But whats the order to go through the game? Is there one?

Also have some questions.

1. How do I buy with out using parcels when Im in the bazaar? I cant seem to get it, parcels are expensive...

2. I might just start boxing. This requires different accounts?
    a) Is it against the rules?
    b) What should I be? Im hoping for something that can summon and buff my warrior. Possibly even add healing :)
  9. moogs Augur

0. The game is open, but there are 20+ expansions. With each expansion release, things get more and more difficult (for the most part). So it helps to become familiar with the order in which expansions have been released, when the level caps were raised, and which zones belong to which expansions. You don't necessarily need to do all of that research. Almar's EQ Leveling Guides are kind of the cliff's notes. Or you can use the Zone Guide feature in the game (it's part of your map) to find level-appropriate zones. You can also make use of the /general and /newplayers chat channels for this, since you might have the bonus of making a new friend.

1. Right-click the name of the trader selling the item. It will show a path to the trader and you can interact with him as with any NPC merchant. This only works when you are in the bazaar, so it takes some running around but it can save you some plat if you have a couple of minutes to spare.

2. Yes, it requires different accounts.
    2a. No, not on your server.
    2b. A shaman would be a pretty good companion, but you probably can't make one on a F2P account (if you don't want to pay for the second account). You could go with a bard and have healer and wizard mercenaries, then you wouldn't have to deal with fighting everything all at once. Plus it makes getting around a little more speedy. You could do something like a wizard or magician and they would be very simple to box (just set up a couple of simple macros to cast spells while you're focused on your warrior). I would advise against trying to box two melee characters if you're new to multiboxing because dealing with constant repositioning during a fight is kind of a pain.
  10. Thomasofold Elder

Ok kool. I like the idea of quicker movement with the bard. He has healing and buff spells also?

Any other classes offer increased speed/buffs? I want a 2nd character more for back up.
  11. moogs Augur

Druids and Rangers get a combination run speed / levitation / see invisible buff called Spirit of Eagle (Flight of Eagles for the group version). It's not quite as fast as bard speed, but it's pretty good. Various other classes get Spirit of Wolf or some version of it, which is slower and doesn't have levitation or the other benefits: Shaman, Druid, Ranger, Beastlord. Additionally the Druid and Wizard can teleport your group to various zones. Magician can summon you to where he is standing as long as you are in the same zone.

The bard is extremely unique; it's not like playing any other class. The buffs are provided by songs and they can "twist" up to about 4 songs at a time. They are very short duration and the range isn't huge, but the bard can provide all kinds of different buffs. The shaman is the best class for boosting melee classes. The cleric and druid have some pretty good buffs too. Various other classes have a couple of buffs that they can cast on you, but those are the big ones.