Question on HP totals...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I notice, when looking at some of the sigs on the forums, that some chars are approaching 200K HPs. I'm curious what it takes to do this, because it seems almost impossible.

My Raidloot profile shows I'm getting ~56K HPs from gear, and another ~4K HPs from augs, or about 60K total. When I have the basic CLR buffs, I'm usually coming in at ~100K HPs total. My H-STA is ~380, and I have all the auto-granted AAs which give more HPs, and a few others are purchased. There are more to go, but not a WHOLE lot of them.

Now, I know people have a lot more H-STA, but it doesn't seem like each point gives THAT many HPs, so even another 1500 would give, what, another 12,000 HPs. For the rest of the Planar Power AAs, maybe a similar amount, maybe. So, where does the other 76K HPs come from? There are 21 equipment slots, so 76/21 ~= 3500 HPs/slot. I'm averaging ~2500 now. So, do people really have ~6K HP/equipped slot? I don't see gear which goes that high, at least not through EoK.

Thanks for any insights you can give. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious which might boost my HPs a bit.

Tat
  2. Millianna Augur

If you’re talking about tanks, 200k is low raid buffed.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Most raid gear have 5500 hps or more per slot, and augs with 300 hp is not uncommon, and if you focus on Hsta with type 5-augs, then it should be possible. Clickies also add a little, AAs too, "natural durability" AA adds 18% hps and "general sturdiness" is 8K hps, and thats just for wizards, tanks probably get a bigger boost from AAs?.

My almost EoK raidgeared wizard can almost reach 200k hp raidbuffed.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Link your magelo so that we all can see and offer advice...
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

huh?
    200k is less than unbuffed and without a PS - for a tank, not hSTA tuned.

@OP:
    You did not mention your class. Neither did you state your level. or much about your AAs.
    Natural Durability was, iirc, just under 1k per rank for example.
    But since you are curious about reaching 200k i presume you don't play a plate class for which that is rather easy.
    Further, i hope you're speaking about unbuffed figures, since that's the only one that really counts.

The figures you give seem to all be rather low, even for EoK group gear.
    A TBM raid-geared leather class for example gets around 100k from items only, EoK around 20k more - compared to your 56k from gear.
    I don't have any actual figures, but from (roughly) comparing TBM raid to EoK group gear i'd expect you'd get around 80k from EoK group items alone.

In short:
    Not enough info to actually answer your question - other than perhaps to point you to Magelo to see what people of your class are wearing and doing.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

7. Brohg Augur

Let's do a quick example? as a warrior, my
    [IMG]

is auged with
    [IMG]

and
    [IMG]

its Purity stat is boosted by
    [IMG]

so that my power source contributes
    [IMG]

for a total of:
    [IMG]

That's one of my 21 items. Not a fancy one, just regular armor with broadly used augs. The rest you can see clicking on the profile linked in my .sig, if you like.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Zhaunil,

The question wasn't really specific to me, but more general. However: Druid, 105, 14,500 AAs, gear is 1 piece EoK T1 group (~3900 HPs), charm is that quest thing with the EoK ports, so also ~4K HPs, rest of it is RoF/CotF group gear, most of it ~2500 HPs. No magelo, but I do have a profile on raidloot, that's where I got those total figures from in my OP (https://www.raidloot.com/Profile.aspx?id=3893). Note that doesn't show the EoK group piece or a couple new augs (like Artisan's Prize, just realized). I'll try to get a new profile loaded within the next 30-40 minutes. My guess is I have about 85-87K HPs unbuffed, not sure, as I'm pretty much never unbuffed :)

When I looked at AAs, none seemed to add 1K per rank that I remember. Maybe I have too many ranks unbought yet? I have all auto-grant AAs, and not too many which are HP/AC related bought besides that. I also must have missed that Natural Durability adds 18% when maxed. See, those are the tips I was looking for. I'll work on getting those maxed, that should help a lot.

In short:
    You guys DID answer my question. I had no idea raid gear had 5500 HP/slot. Yeah, with everything maxed, that would get you to 200K. I don't raid, but wanted to find out what I was missing that would give me a boost, and I think the AAs are the key. The descriptions I read always made it sound much smaller of a boost that what you guys have said, so I'll look into that. Also will add newer gear as I can. I've been out for most of the last year, and hadn't had any luck progressing with TBM. I just got EoK a couple weeks ago, but hadn't done anything there til yesterday. The zones were empty on my server right after the pre-order came out (everyone on beta, I guess).

Thanks all :)
    Tat

Edit - powersources. I never bothered. Back when I had about 45K HPs, I equipped a powersource, and got about 320 more HPs. Less than 1% boost. So I never bothered looking at them again.

Edit 2 - Profile on raidloot is up to date. Note, artisan's prize is not shown right, I'm getting more from it than shows, not sure how to adjust that.
    Gyurika Godofwar, moogs and Jumbur like this.
  9. Brohg Augur

1% boosts are how to get there :)

Each aug is a drop in the bucket, each item, each power source or purity aug. Each step of +sta AA. Foods. Trophies, tributes. "Hero's Resolution" AAs. Each little bit, all of it. Adds up.
    Gyurika Godofwar and moogs like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

1% total, not per piece of purity gear.

What are "Hero's Resolution" AAs?
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Not sure if all classes get "Natural Durability" - if you have it, take it.
    Not as first choice perhaps as a DRU but well...

Also, the planar-power line goes up quite a bit, i think right into EoK too.
    And then there is the new line that is similar but only adds +2.
    As Thrillho would say, the small things add up.

The possibly quickest and easiest way to get anywhere near your "dream figure" would be to check general/ooc for EoK rot-loot-announcements.
    If you are too concerned atm, and have some alternate currency or pp to blow, you might perhaps want to take a look at TBM group gear which should already be pretty decent upgrades to RoF/CotF group gear - iirc to EoK group gear that is around 2k per slot already.

It much depends on which PS you use of course.
    We're not talking the early crafted ones, but the dropped one from TDS which, considering your gear is mostly from before that expansion might be "new" to you as well.
    In order to actually farm then though, you - to date - still need TDS progression done up to the zone where your class' PS drops.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The Hero's AAs (vitality/resolution/fortitude) are progression-related "AAs" (special tab iirc) that you get when reaching certain progression steps.

And yes, with the gear you listed, get your EoK T1 upgrades first - that should by itself boost you "bigly"...
    worry about the 1% upgrades later - just don't forget them either :)
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

More great info, Zhaunil :)

Planar Power! Forgot that one... there was some screwy refund last year, that's right, I lost several ranks of Stam. And at 35 AA/rank for the new one, it's a low priority compared to other AAs. But yeah, that's probably a bunch more HPs I can get there. Thanks!

EoK and rotting loot... that's how I got the one piece I have, yesterday. Someone was nice enough to announce it in general, and when I got there, someone had locked it for an alt. When I got there and asked if it was taken, he asked if it was for my main. Since it was, he let me have it! Still nice folks in EQ :)

TBM gear: Already have a load (1000s) of RoTs that I can't spend, cause I didn't know you have to complete Into the Temple (b) to unlock the vendor. Made one failed attempt last year, before life got in the way of EQ, with my 3-box. On my return, PC issues have prevented me boxing, so TBM is out for now. I don't really look to group, since I'm rusty, and not used to grouping, and the last couple times I tried to get a group, people didn't seem to have much patience, so I just avoid it.

Powersources: Didn't know there were new ones. Just remembered that the TBS (old) ones, you could only use the good ones if you had completed raids. Are the new (TDS) ones the same way, or is it just group progression which is needed?

Thanks for more great info :)

Tat
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Group progression to enter the zone, kill nameds there for the powersource (drops not every time but isn't uncommon either).
  15. Thrillho Augur

Which server are you on? If it's Povar, I'd be happy to run you through it.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Aren't they going to unlock zone-access when RoS is released anyway? :confused:
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Tunare, but thanks for the kind offer :)
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I was already a bit confused about that. I was in TDS recently, and was curious if I could get to Brother Island, because it's supposed to be good for druids to hunt there. I was under the impression it was locked til you completed Katta and Tempest progression, but it did let me zone there.

Once in Brother Island, I tried to zone to the next zone (forget the name... Thulisaur?), and it wouldn't even let me stand on the boat! No soup for you!
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I know its locked now, the question is, will it still be locked after RoS release?
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Got that. But isn't Brother Island supposed to be locked, also? That's the part I was confused about.