Agnarr quests bugged?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Totalnoob, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Totalnoob New Member

I decided to start my first character on agnarr. After the advice received and checking out a few different servers I feel like it will best suit my needs.

However, two things happened on my brand new character. The starting wizard guild master told me to talk to an npc who was on the map but not physically present. Then, nothing is showing up in my quest log.

Am I missing something?
  2. Scorrpio Augur

I thought quests that go into quest logs are a product of much later expansions. I mean, quest log did not exist in game until what, DoN?

Map might show a spawn point of NPC, but a lot of NPCs wander.
    Also, NPC might be in a basement or on upper floor.
  3. moogs Augur

Try using the Find tool to locate your NPC. If Ctrl+F doesn't work, you can access it from the Actions menu (Ctrl+A).
  4. Totalnoob New Member

I tried ctrl+f but it did not work. I don't think there is a lower or upper floor. There is an npc standing where he would be but different name and quest. xalirilan is the name of the gnome I'm told to see but literally nowhere that I looked and all the npcs in the very initial starting zone appear to be static.

As far as the quest log, I wondered if that might be the issue that it's I the game but not part of the content I'm on because of TLP. I'm actually glad if that's the case. I kinda like having to read it all and make notes.
  5. moogs Augur

Okay, yeah. Use Find from the Actions window. If the NPC is in the zone, he should show up in the list.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Xalirilan is the wizard guildmaster. This might help: he is supposed to be way over on the right - is that where you were looking? https://eq.magelo.com/npc/6200
  7. Totalnoob New Member

Yes, that's exactly where I was but while the map had his name, the npc standing there was someone else can't remember the name and he told me to go kill some monster and as I understand it xalirilan will give me info about making my first gear set.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I ran over there and he was there. He is up a ramp to the enchanter guildmaster and then thru a door right behind her and in the same room as Tergon Brenclog. They stand side by side. There is also a merchant for magi spells and another magi supplies npc in same room. He even offered me the quest! I am not a gnome! But I am not on Agnar. So it might be that he is not there. I used find and the first time it took me to the wrong room.
  9. Totalnoob New Member

Went there again, he's still not there. I guess at this point my only concern is, will this keep me from doing anything else?
  10. Totalnoob New Member

Started a character on a new server that isn't a progression server. He was definitely there.
  11. Judor Journeyman

It's a progression server thing - maps, find, and quest log did not come out until maybe The Serpent's Spine expac, and Agnarr just opened Velious, I believe, and will top out on Planes of Power, which is a couple expacs before TSS. There are some things that are included that didn't come out until later, simply because it's not practical from a programming standpoint to have them blocked. Maps are one of those things, but they will reflect the current layouts, not necessarily the layouts that Agnarr is using. Quite a few zones were completely revamped in later expacs, and the default maps are going to show the revamped zones.
  12. Fluid Augur

+1 It's a progression server thing
    Idea of progression server is to relive the early experience of EQ as much as possible. This means that all later easy quests for uber equipment are out. Mad scramble for what was period correct like Testament of Vanear or Stein of Moggok and resultant market in the tunnel.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Might want to file a petition to see why its not happening for you on Agnarr. I mean Ak Anon is an original starting city so its not like its locked on Agnarr. And this is for a beginning quest for non uber level 5 armor. But no, it should not stop you from doing other things since the only quests he gives out are for the armor.