Did Faceless wake the Sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BurningHeart, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Gauss New Member

I mean I'm just going off Cab's stream which didn't stop for like 24+ hours on launch. I use that as a rough proxy for how much time the "alliance" spent on keying. His stream was still going in ST around 12PM ET on Thursday, which was about 20 hours after launch. Now maybe portions of the people got their ST keys then took a break and Cab was just playing extra, but I mean my point was it took you guys collectively 20 hours or so of non-stop effort to get the 21 or whatever keys you had when you did your instance and then to actually do the instance. Like literally an hour before your ST instance started Cab was doing Yelinak on his stream and then turning in keys. By the way--I said that as a compliment, so it's funny you're taking it as an insult. My point being I was impressed that three guilds were able to have people work together and get that done and I was impressed with the time commitment given Agnarr is basically known as an uber casual server.
  2. Soulfire Lorekeeper

I dont understand peoples obsession with this zone. 97% if the items that drop in 1.0 are replaced in ToV....then luclin wipes out all the items.

A SoL lasts 1 expansion....

Tinker mask is a novelty....

SoDs are a twink item if you're not raider....

It's a horridly boring zone that after st1.0 you can still get primals using 2 groups to kill the Prog.

Stop being so obsessed over this zone people.
    RandomStrategy likes this.
  3. Jaxarale01 Augur

Using this thinking then why play till LDON? Classic items are wiped out by Kunark... Kunark wiped by Velious... Velious wiped by Luclin... hell with this thinking why play at all?
    We should all just delete our accounts?

Many people did not/have never gotten to do the zone... this isn't about you guys that have... its about the people that haven't that want to.
    Maybe that is why you do not get it even though its a VERY simple concept... you have seen the zone and woken the sleeper so its a yawn fest... we get it...

It isn't about you, it is about all the other people.
    Grogak likes this.
  4. Ohfuggle Elder

The argument that waking the sleeper prevents RMT is a null statement. You've instead made the few items that people did get (important to note that Faceless wasn't the first in zone) insanely valuable. You've capped the quantity of items on the market, if sleeper remained up and every Harry and Sally had a Tink Mask + SoD guess what, their value would plummet. You'd see SoD's going for like 2-3kr instead of what now, hundreds? and well we can infer where it goes from there once its legally traded for krono.

Keep the sleeper up, you keep items flowing into the market place, and you eventually saturate it and drop the prices.

Change the AoC to have two phrases, one for Warders, one for Ancients. Either phrase causes the same lockout timer once you kill something inside. Like everything in this game, the first handful of items will go for a lot, and the price will continue to drop from there on.

Want to keep the whole "You woke the sleeper you can't have warders anymore?" feel? Easy, Dev's assign a character flag to anyone in a DZ that wakes the sleeper, this flag prevents them from triggering the warder version of the DZ, thus they have to kill ancients.

Script would take what? An hour to make at most?

For AOC just add two quest::AssignRaidToInstance(#) and have the warder version check w/ an IF statement if they have the "Woke the Sleeper" achievement.

On sub EVENT_SPAWN of sleeper award the achievement to everyone in the DZ.

I'll write and test it for you guys, plz PM me, we can set up a consulting contract.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  5. Pictarous Augur

SoD's do not exist, and never will, on Agnarr. You are welcome.

Two Tinker's Masks exist, and are 1. Already up for purchase on "certain websites" and 2. There is a Gnome illusion in PoP.

Currently having a Tinker's Mask is a cute bonus, but it will just be another toy variant come PoP.

#makesleeperawakeagain
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wait, someone already RMT'd a tink mask?

If so thats pathetic lol.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Of course someone did. Do you have any idea how much people would pay for one of only two on the server? It is the ultimate status symbol.
  8. Opimo Journeyman

Hi guyz, what's going on in here?
  9. Wayylon Augur

It's super pathetic and cringey that you're obviously proud of that.
  10. Wayylon Augur

So zone disruption is allowed on this server now?

Should result in bans: permanent for individual training accounts involved, permanent for guild leadership, and the guild should be disbanded.

That is the only way to clean a scumbag griefer guild from a server. Apparently DBG has gone soft if they are going to let a guild train zonelines...
  11. Kamahl New Member

Humans are the species performing the disruption.
    Should result in death: death for those involved, death for the leadership of each country and death to everybody in general.
    That is the only way to clean scumbag humans from Earth. Apparently everybody has gone soft if they're not going to punish humans for disrupting most of the natural planet.

See how dumb you sound? You don't incarcerate an entire family just because one member committed a crime.
    Wayylon likes this.
  12. Wayylon Augur

You certainly punish the leadership as it is obviously sanctioned.

You sound naive if you think a monk with an ST key on day one training the zoneline isn't there without explicit instructions from guild leadership.
  13. Wayylon Augur

You do however incarcerate involved members of criminal organizations or "crime families" as this is more akin to in this instance.
  14. Kamahl New Member

While I won't deny that it is most likely probable, many seem to forget presumption of innocence. Might be best to prove it was sanctioned rather than just accuse and suggest punishment.
    Wayylon likes this.
  15. Wayylon Augur

You don't get an ST key on day one as a Monk without being inner circle.... Just the facts.
  16. Kamahl New Member

We're not getting anywhere with this discussion. We obviously agree that it was most likely requested they train but I'm not going to say they're guilty without proof. Saying it's a fact is not a fact.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Wow, people are really worked up over the 7th time through Velious (counting original and p99).
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

Lol what?
  19. Pupie New Member

Maybe if i was in the inner circle I could have gotten one of the two shrouds that dropped =( And just possibly if you watched cabdru's stream you'd notice they only went into OW after they were done just to check and see if we were in there (noone got trained)....but carry on with assuming things. Its quite entertaining.
  20. Polekn Augur

Could you elaborate about gnome illusion in POP?